• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

tumblr_n8ui1108Gb1sxkvkuo1_400.gif

Looks like TP picked up some style tips from Russ while he was in Seattle.

B6yzB20IQAA6a-l.jpg

I can only hope he somehow becomes starter so we can sweep the Chiefs next year.

cdyhybrid

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-crabtree-boldin-tied-ninth-most-drops-nfl?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

Great articLAWL

So if you take away most of the 49ers drops he is 11th in completion % and still behind Alex Smith who's team had the highest drop %

The best you can say about Kaep in 2014 is the 49ers managed to score more than Singletary's send off in 2010. 1 more point.

What if you take out the drops from his previous seasons? Would his completion still be a career high?

What if you take out the drops from his previous seasons? Would his completion still be a career high?

who knows. we've had our share of drops but so does every team. the weird thing this year was boldin dropping so many passes. he is usually clutch. oh well!

p.s.

and in kaps case maybe if this dumb motherfucker didn't throw 100 mph fastballs every throw they wouldn't drop so many. i don't mind him gunning stuff 30 yards down field butu if someone is 5 yards away it's not always needed... especially with stonehands VD in the lineup. bitch can only catch those charmin soft alex smith softballs

Shouta

You guys do know I read this thread, right? I just don't post as often 'cause I'm watching the game.

Seahawks gonna win this weekend so I don't need to come in here with reactions! >=)

Did we lose anyone in NFLgaf in the thread about the Paris shootings? Stopped following the thread awhile ago but read Bish's OP in the new one and it sounded like mass bannings were coming.

Did we lose anyone in NFLgaf in the thread about the Paris shootings? Stopped following the thread awhile ago but read Bish's OP in the new one and it sounded like mass bannings were coming.

I try to stay away from those things. It always ends up getting derailed going off topic and people only quoting what they want to see and not reading the entirety of anyone's post.

Christmas is over, now back to football.

I'm so hyped for the Ravens game, it's silly. But also, fucking worried. Yes, we've had success against New England in the past, and the Ravens definitely aren't scared of them, but that doesn't change the fact that the Pats are the favorites for a reason. Ravens definitely can win this game, but man, that secondary. The whole game comes down to the Ravens pass rush vs the Pats' O Line. If Brady can get time, people will get open and we'll lose. But if they can bang on Brady, it changes everything. That's why we've had success in the past, just have to do it again. As for Joe, I'm just waiting for the magic to run out, but I'm enjoying the ride and I'll take it until the wheels fall off. Plus, I still have my lucky socks, which remain undefeated in 5 playoff games.

Interesting stuff here...Peyton and Brady with same record over last six years

uysVbbE.jpg

Kiryu

Christmas is over, now back to football.

I'm so hyped for the Ravens game, it's silly. But also, fucking worried. Yes, we've had success against New England in the past, and the Ravens definitely aren't scared of them, but that doesn't change the fact that the Pats are the favorites for a reason. Ravens definitely can win this game, but man, that secondary. The whole game comes down to the Ravens pass rush vs the Pats' O Line. If Brady can get time, people will get open and we'll lose. But if they can bang on Brady, it changes everything. That's why we've had success in the past, just have to do it again. As for Joe, I'm just waiting for the magic to run out, but I'm enjoying the ride and I'll take it until the wheels fall off. Plus, I still have my lucky socks, which remain undefeated in 5 playoff games.

Interesting stuff here...Peyton and Brady with same record over last six years

uysVbbE.jpg
Mark Sanchez wins all on road but not home. That's some strange shit.

Crisco

Banned
It was bad, but not one of the worst. Last year they took possession away from a guy who's knee just disintegrated on live TV, even though he was down before the ball came out. That was one of the worst calls. Tuck rule was one of the worst calls ever. This was a fairly normal judgement call gone wrong, magnified only by the way it was first called and then taken back.

I don't know if that was posted yet. If it was, shoot me.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...burger-at-lambeau?campaign=Twitter_atn_hanzus

Here is a post about a gigantic, absurd, strangely beautiful, potentially offensive food item soon to be offered at Lambeau Field.

It's called the "Big Game Burger", a 3.5-pound testament to beef, cheese, cholesterol and digestive system destruction and it will be on sale during the Packers' Sunday playoff showdown with the Cowboys. Will Brinson of CBSSports.com procured the ingredients of the great beast:

» "Big Mother" pretzel bun
» 1/2 pound of ground venison
» 1/2 pound of ground bacon
» 1/2 pound of certified Angus beef
» Crispy fried onions
» Jalapeño smoked bacon
» Lettuce (and you thought this wasn't healthy)
» Tomato (six slices)
» Pickles
» Secret sauce
» Housemade jalapeño cheese

16039138770_c662414920_z.jpg

3.5 pounds and only 2,395 calories for the bargain price of $20.

At least Stafford will have something to eat when he goes to Lando twice a year.

Milchjon

PFF ranked our OL 31st in pass protection.

We're fucked.

At least Sebastian "Die Mauer" Vollmer had himself a good year.

Edit: George Bush has been married for 70 years. That's probably longer than I'll even live :'(

BigAT

Motherfuckers think you know about bad pass interference calls? Imagine this not getting called pass interference:

image.jpg

P.S. It looks even worse in motion.

BigAT

Sorry fellow fans for having to bring up the pain again (it's the closest I've ever come to crying from a sporting event), but it's just crazy to me that Lions' fans are acting like this is literally the first mistake any referee has ever made in the history of the sport.

You're not special.

Respect

PFF ranked our OL 31st in pass protection.

We're fucked.

At least Sebastian "Die Mauer" Vollmer had himself a good year.

Knew it was bad, didn't think it was that bad though. Just in time for the team that leads the league in sacks coming to town, this might get ugly quick. I almost miss Mankins...but I felt like he was just a turnstile on passing downs the past couple years. He was a beast in run blocking though.

If Baltimore beats NE and IND beat Denver...the championship game would be at Lucas Oil...right?

Correct.

Dragon

Banned
Motherfuckers think you know about bad pass interference calls? Imagine this not getting called pass interference:

image.jpg

You won a SB with two shitty teams; a guy who believed he was possessed by the devil made an otherworldly catch. You cannot bitch about any call ever!!!

Yes I'm still motherfucking salty! I'm not going to feel bad for Gnats fans!

image.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlUnW7yL8Pc

In motion
You won a SB with two shitty teams; a guy who believed he was possessed by the devil made an otherworldly catch. You cannot bitch about any call ever!!!

Yes I'm still motherfucking salty! I'm not going to feel bad for Gnats fans!
If I got beat by Goober Manning twice i would be Salty even after i died, If i was a Pats fan after i died, cremated, have my Urn buried at sea this way i can remain eternally salty.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Skip Bayless thinks the earthquakes in Dallas are an omen for the Cowboys beating Green Bay.

Repost from the offseason thread:

Great breakdown of the Giants defense (this will be somewhat lengthy)

http://www.bigblueview.com/2015/1/8/7505605/pro-football-focus-2014-year-in-review-ny-giants-defense

The marquee name here is, of course, Jason Pierre-Paul. He did not disappoint with a score of +16.9 on the season. He finished the year with 12.5 sacks, nine QB hits, and 38 QB hurries for a pass rush productivity ranked 16th among 36 qualifying defensive ends that played 50 percent of their team's snaps. He also managed the sixth-best run stop percentage in the entire league. His 49 stops ranked third among all defensive linemen and edge rushers with only J.J. Watt (61) and Justin Houston (50) having more. He was one of the best balanced linemen in the entire league last season for sure.[/qote]

That belonged to Robert Ayers, who managed a fantastic score of +17.6. That score puts Ayers among the top five of all 4-3 defensive ends in the league (JPP was seventh). Almost all of his grade came on the strength of his pass rush, where his five sacks, 12 QB hits, and 29 hurries in only 249 pass rush snaps put his pass rush productivity at the very top of the NFL rankings.

There's one player that I didn't mention, and that's of course the de facto starter opposite JPP for most of the season, Mathias Kiwanuka. He "paced" the team with a defense worst -18.3 grade. He had two sacks, sits QB hits, and 16 QB hurries for a pass rush productivity ranked 31st out of 36 qualifying DEs who played 50 percent of their team's snaps. He also had the worst run defense grade among all the DEs that played. Yeah, not good.

If you were interested in snaps taken this season (and oh, I know you are):

Jason Pierre-Paul - 981 snaps

Mathis Kiwanuka - 558 snaps

Robert Ayers - 386 snaps

Damontre Moore - 326 snaps

Kerry Wynn - 192 snaps

If you think that my analysis is implying something about improper management of resources at this position, guess what, you're exactly right!

One last bit I wanted to highlight:

The monster here is obviously Johnathan Hankins. His +20.2 grade puts him at the top of the Giants' defensive grades and puts him as the seventh-rated defensive tackle in the league. He had the seventh-most stops against the run with 23 and ranked 14th out of a qualifying 48 defensive tackles in run stop percentage. He was always a good run stopper, but his work in the pass game was even more impressive. He finished the year with eight sacks, six QB hits, and 21 QB pressures for a pass rush productivity ranked fifth among all defensive tackles with 60 percent of their team's snaps.

Big Hank was a beast. More at the link on the secondary, etc.

Maybe let's say but to dowell loggains too......

kave will be happy because he won't see that pitch play anymore.

I'm surprisingly not bothered by this. It was kinda reported before all the coaches weren't pettines first choice. Because of the late hiring

Will Johnson Manziel still be here when the season starts? Probably a legitimate question for the offseason

All of this feels like home to me :")

brentech

Wasn't there talk of Shanahan wanting out of Cleveland just a couple days ago? No sense in forcing him to stay if he doesn't want to be there.

Maybe I'm remembering something else.

image.jpg

You guys got us back with the worst call of the past 30 years in the 2011 NFC title game. Forward progress stopped lulz

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Wasn't there talk of Shanahan wanting out of Cleveland just a couple days ago? No sense in forcing him to stay if he doesn't want to be there.

Maybe I'm remembering something else.

If true that's fine.

If not, I still don't get why anyone would take a job in Cleveland without any sense of job security.

Did anyone else hear Wilbok completely rip the Browns organization to shreds yesterday on PTI?

'Twas brutal

You can search PTI podscast and find the episode

brentech

If true that's fine.

If not, I still don't get why anyone would take a job in Cleveland without any sense of job security.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ay-leave-cleveland-over-friction-with-browns/

Browns offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan may be on the way out in Cleveland over issues with some of his fellow coaches and the team’s front office.

Shanahan is hoping to get a head-coaching job, and he has been mentioned as a candidate for the vacancies in Buffalo and San Francisco. But Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com reports that Shanahan may leave Cleveland even if he doesn’t get a head-coaching gig, because the situation in Cleveland has become dysfunctional.

According to the report, the personnel side and the coaching side aren't seeing eye to eye, and the coaches may have felt pressured to bench Brian Hoyer and start Johnny Manziel, a decision that resulted in an already struggling Cleveland offense getting worse. The report even says that the personnel side is intruding on the coaching side to such an extent that a personnel executive texted from the press box to the sidelines about play calling during a game.

Shanahan is under contract to the Browns for the 2015 season, and if he wants to leave to become an assistant on another coaching staff, the Browns don’t have to let him go. But if there’s already a toxic atmosphere inside the team, forcing a coach to stay even though he wants to leave probably wouldn’t improve the situation. It may be better for both sides if Shanahan leaves Cleveland.

So it's a mix of both! Perfect storm.

Anyways...
B61QiSDCQAIbuUe.jpg:large

Top Bottom