• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 11 |OT| - The Quarterback Duel of the Decade Out of the Shadows

I'm not talking about a difference between the two, just that it looks to perform like shit in general

Yep. Better question to ask - why the need to put 5000 AI NPC's on screen at the expense of framerate/resolution/visual detail? 2000 not enough to create the illusion?

I remember watching a development video where they went on about how amazing it was to have 10,000 NPC's (and not just "window dressing" but full AI characters) onscreen. Well who gives a shit if its running at 20fps? Lets not bullshit either - its absolutely window dressing.

Talk about missing the forest for the trees.

B2LXnppCAAAaG6K.jpg:large

needle.jpg

jepntM8.jpg

MechDX

Man keep posting picks of JJ.

MMMMMM MMMMMMM
SEXY MOTHERFUCKER.

Throw some pics of Mallett in there for good measure

Konka

Banned
Agreed.

It is hilarious when anyone doesn't use the everyone uses it and instead try to defend the honor of a human being that doesn't really look all that human.

I am sure that James Harrison is mentally unstable and injected gallons of PEDs into his ass on his way to becoming DPOY. But so did probably every DPOY.

JFF would never use roids, coke is all he needs.

Dragon

Banned
Every Assassins Creed PC game has run fine for me on my laptop.

I highly doubt it. For instance last year, Black Flag was a mess initially on PC.

If you don't want to buy a pc then quit complaing about resolution and framerates past 30fps

That's bullshit. There's a middle ground, and complaining about the performance of Unity on consoles is perfectly acceptable.

cajunator

Banned
Thats the price you have to pay for having seasons.

Summer/Fall is an unbeatable combo. The weather has really been amazing summer and fall in PA so far. When it is 50 degrees outside and the leaves are changing color, well not much can touch that. Not even living next to a swamp that smells like a million diseased assholes. Not even that.

The swamp smell doesnt reach here. It also doesnt stink either. It just smells like a lake does. Have you actually been to a swamp before? Its actually a nice outing if you enjoy fishing.

Regarding snow/ice I honestly dontl ike cold weather, especially having to walk to my car after work in the dark and everything is frozen over. No, fuck that noise.
And its even worse inside the car since everything is bone chilling cold and damp and it doesnt warm up for several minutes.

Dragon

Banned
I rarely play Creed games at launch(1,2, and 3 were the exception).

I'm not sure what the point of this conversation is then :). I'm sure Ubisoft will have a patch to get the console versions up to 30 fps. That doesn't mean the launch performance is okay or anything.

Fox318

I'm not sure what the point of this conversation is then :). I'm sure Ubisoft will have a patch to get the console versions up to 30 fps. That doesn't mean the launch performance is okay or anything.

I just hate the 900p talk. Most of the games look fucking great today and most people would never fucking notice a small resolution change.

Bombcast talked about how they had issues getting the game to double digits when they started development.

Shit ton of pre-baked shadows.

eznark

Banned
I just hate the 900p talk. Most of the games look fucking great today and most people would never fucking notice a small resolution change.

Bombcast talked about how they had issues getting the game to double digits when they started development.

I play a ton of console games on a monitor in my office. Resolution matters.

Dragon

Banned

We're not talking about resolution in this case though. The framerates on both console versions are absolutely unacceptable. Of course there are great games with shit framerates, Shadow of the Colossus comes to mind, but that doesn't mean it's acceptable. And with all the outcry over the PR miscues that Ubisoft has had over the game, I think it's okay to talk about it. Probably not in here though as people would rather fuck with Mech :).

Everyone talks about the Unity parity thing like they pulled the PS4 resolution down to match XB1 at 900p, when I'm pretty sure they pulled the XB1 up from 720p to 900p.

When they should've been bumping the PS4 down to 720p too. Now they just have problems on all platforms

Dragon

Banned
Everyone talks about the Unity parity thing like they pulled the PS4 resolution down to match XB1 at 900p, when I'm pretty sure they pulled the XB1 up from 720p to 900p.

When they should've been bumping the PS4 down to 720p too. Now they just problems on all platforms

From what I've read it's the CPUs that are the problem. The PS4 has a better graphics card and bumping the resolution down won't necessarily affect the framerate as much as limiting the amount of models in a crowd. But that could be all speculation, I'm not a video game programmer!

And I'm not going to buy any PS4 game in 720p, that's awful. Call me an elitist or whatever (uPlay sucks on PC too if you're going to mention that :)).

bionic77

The swamp smell doesnt reach here. It also doesnt stink either. It just smells like a lake does. Have you actually been to a swamp before? Its actually a nice outing if you enjoy fishing.

Regarding snow/ice I honestly dontl ike cold weather, especially having to walk to my car after work in the dark and everything is frozen over. No, fuck that noise.
And its even worse inside the car since everything is bone chilling cold and damp and it doesnt warm up for several minutes.
Not in LA but yes in Florida. And it smelled fucking horrible. But I can't claim to be a swamp expert.

And winter does kind of suck, but like I said that is the price you have to pay for having seasons. I would hate to live in a place that didn't have a proper spring and fall. Have you ever been to DC for the cherry blossoms? Its is fantastic.

Santonio Holmes waived by the Bears. Season officially over.
It is so sad how the Jets ruined him.

No one even remembers his GOAT catch in the SB 6 years ago.

Tom Penny

1. You don't need 2 grand
  2. If you don't want to buy a pc then quit complaing about resolution and framerates past 30fps

My ancient PC plays 1080p games. That's the problem with the consoles. What's their excuse for not blowing the doors off a GTX 460 video card in a PC...

eznark

Banned
Sage Rosenfels @SageRosenfels18
Though I was mostly a backup, I felt that when I played I needed to bring energy to my team and stadium. I feel #cutler is missing that.

sage.jpg

Rosencopter with the pot shots!

Top Bottom