• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 11 |OT| - The Quarterback Duel of the Decade Out of the Shadows

Talamius

Always funny to see these geeks bitch over every little thing on Gaming Side, yet they still run out and buy the same products they whine about (thus enabling the problem, vote with your wallets fools).

10384451_836827049668729_8427693775489126024_n.jpg

Well, they are voting with their wallets
and frankly deserve everything they get in return.

hahahahahahahaha holy fuck

I was pissed when I found out I would be missing out on the launch week of MCC, now I'm loving it. I would be so pissed right now if I were home.

Boban how's free agency going?

It's all done, just waiting until the weekend so you can use your remaining scouting points before I advanced to the draft.

I've got my whole draft board set up and I have a rough idea of what I'm going to do with all 7 picks.

Bread

Banned
It's all done, just waiting until the weekend so you can use your remaining scouting points before I advanced to the draft.

I've got my whole draft board set up and I have a rough idea of what I'm going to do with all 7 picks.
woo awesome, did we get more scouting points than usual or just the normal 100

I can't say I'm terribly impressed with the visual update to Halo 2 Anniversary as of yet (only played through the first bit in Cairo). Maybe my expectations were out of whack going in but I expected it to at least surpass Halo 4 visually and it doesn't. Halo 4 has its fair share of issues but boy its a nice looking game at full resolution and mostly 60fps. At least 343 did a better job than Saber did in keeping with the art direction Bungie established than Halo CE Anniversary.

Halo 3 is easily my favorite game in the box. It looked so terrible when it released on the 360 image quality wise that to see it running at 1080p and with the most stable framerate of the bunch is really great.

The collection is an amazing value content wise (when it works). So much to go through if you're into Halo but boy if you have an Xbox One and can only pick up one game this holiday season - Sunset Overdrive needs to be that game. Its the best game on the console and its not even close. I'm nearly done with it after putting almost 35 hours into it and its one of my favorite games I've played all year long.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I can't say I'm terribly impressed with the visual update to Halo 2 Anniversary as of yet (only played through the first bit in Cairo). Maybe my expectations were out of whack going in but I expected it to at least surpass Halo 4 visually and it doesn't. Halo 4 has its fair share of issues but boy its a nice looking game at full resolution and mostly 60fps. At least 343 did a better job than Saber did in keeping with the art direction Bungie established than Halo CE Anniversary.

Halo 3 is easily my favorite game in the box. It looked so terrible when it released on the 360 image quality wise that to see it running at 1080p and with the most stable framerate of the bunch is really great.

The collection is an amazing value content wise (when it works). So much to go through if you're into Halo but boy if you have an Xbox One and can only pick up one game this holiday season - Sunset Overdrive needs to be that game. Its the best game on the console and its not even close. I'm nearly done with it after putting almost 35 hours into it and its one of my favorite games I've played all year long.

For the record I typically enjoy your reviews.

However Sunset Overdrive looks an awful lot like Infamous so I'm not sure how much of your love for that series is clouding your judgment.

If/When I get a bone, I'm definitely getting that game though.

However Sunset Overdrive looks an awful lot like Infamous so I'm not sure how much of your love for that series is clouding your judgment.
Fair statement. I would say that Sunset "looking an awful lot" like Infamous is a surface observation that holds true in how the game is structured but doesn't carry much weight in the minute to minute gameplay that Sunset brings to the table. It's much more of a mash-up between Ratchet and Clank (mostly in the variety of its weaponry and gunplay) and Jet Set Radio Future in that regard. Especially in the challenges which are, for my money the best content in the game.

Perhaps the more accurate statement would be that my unrequited love for Ratchet and Clank (A Crack in Time in particular!) is clouding my judgement of Sunset but honestly - who doesn't bring their biases to the table in these conversations? I'm happy to own up to them in this case.:)

bionic77

When they stopped sucking and beat the Colts.

uJsXkQ1.jpg

Fair weather fan, I know. We're Steelers fans; what do you expect?
I hate fairweather fans.

I really hate fairweather fans who root for one of my teams.

Steelers nation deserves better.

Changing gears I saw that Halo thread and saw that Stinkles works for MS? Did he always work for MS? I remember that guy was the biggest Xbot from day 1.

Diablos

i would like to subscribe to your newsletter
LOL

I hate fairweather fans.

Changing gears I saw that Halo thread and saw that Stinkles works for MS? Did he always work for MS? I remember that guy was the biggest Xbot from day 1.
Hahaha. I'm kind of exaggerating. I still watched the games where they lost. It isn't like I only tune in when they're doing good.

Apparently stinkles is
Frank O'Connor, also known as Frankie, is the Franchise Development Director for the Halo franchise at 343 Industries. Previously, he has worked as the content manager for Bungie. He was the primary writer of the Bungie Weekly Update through the production of Halo 2 and Halo 3. He announced his departure from Bungie on May 16, 2008 in order to work more closely with Microsoft Studios on Halo-related content

bionic77

Yea he worked for Bungie now he works for 343

He's awesome
That is a pretty awesome job.

But it shows again how many whores we have at NeoGAF.

How much does it gain these companies to have their employees whore it up on a message board?

I hope Stinkles got a Ferrari for his early Xbox marketing. YH seems to have gotten a raw deal only getting a few exotic pets for his pains.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Fair statement. I would say that Sunset "looking an awful lot" like Infamous is a surface observation that holds true in how the game is structured but doesn't carry much weight in the minute to minute gameplay that Sunset brings to the table. It's much more of a mash-up between Ratchet and Clank (mostly in the variety of its weaponry and gunplay) and Jet Set Radio Future in that regard. Especially in the challenges which are, for my money the best content in the game.

Perhaps the more accurate statement would be that my unrequited love for Ratchet and Clank (A Crack in Time in particular!) is clouding my judgement of Sunset but honestly - who doesn't bring their biases to the table in these conversations? I'm happy to own up to them in this case.:)

Okay you said the magic words "Ratchet and Clank" so that's a bias I can get behind.

And I was mostly fishing to see if the game was a lot like Infamous or just partially. I enjoyed Second Son but I probably could have waited for a sale.

I'm mostly trying to decide between buying a new tv, one of those Shield tablets for emulation on the go (plus I don't own a tablet), a bone, or upgrading my PC (Currently rocking a 2500k and a 6970) this holiday shopping season.

Also my phone is up for an upgrade but not sure I want to shell out $299 for the privilege of being stuck on another contract.

Choices.

Bread

Banned

How much does it gain these companies to have their employees whore it up on a message board?

I hope Stinkles got a Ferrari for his early Xbox marketing. YH seems to have gotten a raw deal only getting a few exotic pets for his pains.
Yeah it's pretty crazy. I used to read Bungie's weekly updates religiously in high school, I'm a big fan of his and I completely trust him with the franchise despite all the bullshit that's happening now with the MCC.

bionic77

weinke what tvs are you considering?

We are also looking for a new tv. Nothing looks that good to me outside of the OLED and only LG and Samsung make one. The Samsung set is 10k and I hate LG televisions based on past experiences.

That said I think we are set with a LG washer/dryer, just looking for a sale...

I am also hoping for someone to give an online sale on a iMac Retina.

We are also looking for a new tv. Nothing looks that good to me outside of the OLED and only LG and Samsung make one. The Samsung set is 10k and I hate LG televisions based on past experiences.

Send me 2000 dollars and I'll send you one.

Pinky promise.

manfestival

I hate fairweather fans.

What's it like to have fairweather fans?

Diablos

Hey, hey. I'm not doing any of that.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I'm honestly thinking about waiting for a TV since I don't even have a couch yet and I'm about to move closer to the city in February. Plus it seems like buying something other than a 4k TV is like lighting money on fire right now. I mean so I buy a $600 55" thing that's only 1080p when 4K TVs will be that in 2 years? I want to go see one of those curved Samsung TVs and see how they look. I'm not paying $1200 for a new tv though.

I'm not sure if OLED is going to take off? Seems like the tech has been there for a while.

I love Infamous... I love Ratchet and Clank (especially ACiT)... I love Insomniac

Still, I must resist buying another console right now, I barely have time to play the stuff I have as it is. I will own SO one day, though!

The only games I'm buying on release day the rest of the year are FC4, Smash Bros., and maybe Persona Q/Captain Toad. I'll probably pick up a nice haul on Black Friday though, plus I want to get DA:I and Bayonetta 2 eventually. Lots of games!

brentech

All 22 of the early Cutler interception by Hyde that broke him and pushed him to full JPout mode.

WarmEnviousEidolonhelvum.gif

You can see from the offensive view that the ball wasn't thrown outside enough. Lambeau has a certain black magic that seems to work heavily against Cutler. Hopefully it fully returns one day and closes down on all opposing QB.

Bread

Banned
I'm honestly thinking about waiting for a TV since I don't even have a couch yet and I'm about to move closer to the city in February. Plus it seems like buying something other than a 4k TV is like lighting money on fire right now. I mean so I buy a $600 55" thing that's only 1080p when 4K TVs will be that in 2 years? I want to go see one of those curved Samsung TVs and see how they look. I'm not paying $1200 for a new tv though.

I'm not sure if OLED is going to take off? Seems like the tech has been there for a while.
this is the time to get crazy good deals on 1080p tvs, fuck 4k that shit won't be worth anything until cable companies and video games are ready for it.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
All 22 of the early Cutler interception by Hyde that broke him and pushed him to full JPout mode.

WarmEnviousEidolonhelvum.gif

You can see from the offensive view that the ball wasn't thrown outside enough. Lambeau has a certain black magic that seems to work heavily against Cutler. Hopefully it fully returns one day and closes down on all opposing QB.

I miss the days when other teams just could not win in Lambeau. Then we starting losing playoff games at home....

I am outraged that AP hasn't been reinstated yet.
He will come back the week before the Dolphins game. Count on it.

this is the time to get crazy good deals on 1080p tvs, fuck 4k that shit won't be worth anything until cable companies and video games are ready for it.
Bingo. Right now 4K is just the TV manufacturers' desperate attempt to keep selling people TV's with something new.

bionic77

My advice on tv is never get the tech before it is established.

I got fucked extra hard but jumping in on HD before the standards were set (it was based on a demo I saw of football and sports in general on HD and I fucking ran out to buy a HD projector within a few months of them coming out). That was a waste of money. Hell there was not even HDMI on my fucking tv. Everything was via component and I feel like it did not even support 1080i.

I have seen a decent amount of tvs in the stores and honestly I did not see a huge difference in sporting events between 1080 and 4k. Yes the tits of the woman 8 rows back behind what is happening on the field are very clear, but that is not something I care about. Also they barely have enough bandwidth currently for 1080p. I don't see 4k being a thing for at least a few more years.

I am looking for a decent 1080p 240hz LED (our family room has too much light during the day for plasma) that is around 65". Unfortunately they always include garbage like 3D and other shit to drive the price up but I think I can swing a decent set for under 1500 if I catch the right sale.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I just read that 4k blu Ray isn't even a thing yet and won't be for another year. Plus Netflix charges more for 4K content (which, can my 40Mbps internet handle that?)

That's ridiculous.

Bread

Banned
The guy taking up two seats on the train is also the first guy in forever I've seen using a PSP.
chan is in germany?

I just read that 4k blu Ray isn't even a thing yet and won't be for another year. Plus Netflix charges more for 4K content (which, can my 40Mbps internet handle that?)

That's ridiculous.
Exactly, 4k is being pushed out by the TV industry for whatever reason which is making these great 1080p tvs cheap. This is the time to buy!

Cost of mass production for bigger screens is the biggest barrier for OLED. Has been for quite some time, unfortunately. With the death of plasma, I'm really hoping OLED or some other technology takes off. I can't do LED/LCD.

Top Bottom