• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 11 |OT| - The Quarterback Duel of the Decade Out of the Shadows

MechDX

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss · 43m43 minutes ago
Tom Brady on Hoyer-Mallett matchup: "It’s pretty cool. It speaks to their work ethic and what they’ve been able to accomplish." (1 of 2)

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss · 42m42 minutes ago
Tom Brady on Hoyer-Mallett: "It will be fun to see. We play at 8 o’clock, so I’m sure a lot guys from on our team will be paying attention.”

What a great guy. Watching his former understudies and wishing them well. We should have a couple pages honoring the best QB

brady.jpg

Wow. Derrick Rose is a gigantic pussy.

Bitchassness runs in the water in Chicago apparently. Cutler and Rose both

Also, greatest ESPN comment in history of the site

Brandon Pierson · Top Commenter · The University of Oklahoma
My name is Derrick Rose, and I am making $917/hr working from home and you can too.

bionic77

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss · 43m43 minutes ago
Tom Brady on Hoyer-Mallett matchup: "It’s pretty cool. It speaks to their work ethic and what they’ve been able to accomplish." (1 of 2)

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss · 42m42 minutes ago
Tom Brady on Hoyer-Mallett: "It will be fun to see. We play at 8 o’clock, so I’m sure a lot guys from on our team will be paying attention.”

What a great guy. Watching his former understudies and wishing them well. We should have a couple pages honoring the best QB

brady.jpg
I always knew that deep down that Rodgers was a bad guy.

There were always plenty of hints (stomach punching the lady with cancer, spreading STDs to the peaceful people of Green Bay by bringing Munn to town, etc.) but Packer fans always had an excuse ready for each of them.

But that picture says it all.

Fuck you Aaron Rodgers. I hope you break all your bones this week and become a backup to Jay Cutler.

Respect

Wow. Derrick Rose is a gigantic pussy.

I don't necessarily fault him for feeling the way he does, some guys just aren't wired to win at all costs, even though he has all of the talent in the world.

Having said that...that "risk" he is afraid of is why you're paid the money you are paid. Comes with the territory, unfortunately he just doesn't have what it takes and that is sad given his talent. The signs were certainly there last year during the playoffs.

Funny part is, if he just changes the reason to "wanting to make sure I'm healthy for the playoffs," nobody bats an eye and would consider that a good reason.

brentech

dcEksFX.png

Now she's infiltrating Bucks games. Rodgers keep that witch away from Parker. That's our future dammit.
There was some mention of him wanting to become part owner of the Bucks
Also I think the scenario is why Hawk still has some leverage with the team. They're too close as friends.
Rodgers probably has a clause in his contract that says Hawk can't leave the team until he's physically unable to walk off the field.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
squicken, LJ, Farooq and other football scholars will appreciate this article.

Detroit Lions second look: Teryl Austin continues to cause problems for opponents with pre-snap looks

The Detroit Lions defense continues to hum along.

Following the team's 20-16 win against the Miami Dolphins on Sunday, Detroit continues to rank first in total defense, first in scoring defense and is top-three against the pass and the run.

Clearly without good players making plays, none of this is possible. Ndamukong Suh, Ezekiel Ansah, DeAndre Levy and James Ihedigbo all had monster performances against the Dolphins.

But coordinator Teryl Austin (and the rest of the defensive staff), also deserve credit for putting those players in the best position to succeed.

One of the more noticeable differences this season is the complexity of pre-snap alignments at the line of scrimmage and the mismatches they create for the Lions.

Let's take a quick look at three examples against Miami, including my favorite, from the first quarter.

After putting the Dolphins behind the sticks by blowing up a reverse on first down, Miami is faced with a third-and-12. Knowing a run is unlikely, the Lions put just five in the box and spread the front, bunching Suh and Ansah wide to the left side.

You can only imagine what the right tackle is thinking.

On the snap, both crash down inside, but as the right tackle engages Suh, Ansah twists behind the All-Pro defensive tackle and has a free lane to Tannehill since the running back runs a route instead of staying back to help in protection.

The result, a sack and loss of 11 yards

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2014/11/detroit_lions_second_look_tery.html

The article has pictures and highlights different presnap schemes that Coach Austin uses. On my phone so I can't post the pics.

Also no work today. Job wasn't quite ready to go and we can't work in 20 degree weather with wind chill. Holy fuck is it cold.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
There was some mention of him wanting to become part owner of the Bucks
Also I think the scenario is why Hawk still has some leverage with the team. They're too close as friends.
Rodgers probably has a clause in his contract that says Hawk can't leave the team until he's physically unable to walk off the field.

Great minds think alike because that's exactly what I was thinking.

dcEksFX.png

Now she's infiltrating Bucks games. Rodgers keep that witch away from Parker. That's our future dammit.

You can tell its a Bucks game by the confusion and despair on the faces in the crowd.

Carolina is somewhat delusional for sure. However they do have probably the best wide receiver since Dez Bryant.

I always knew that deep down that Rodgers was a bad guy.

There were always plenty of hints (stomach punching the lady with cancer, spreading STDs to the peaceful people of Green Bay by bringing Munn to town, etc.) but Packer fans always had an excuse ready for each of them.

But that picture says it all.

Fuck you Aaron Rodgers. I hope you break all your bones this week and become a backup to Jay Cutler.

All I see is a picture of Rodgers being polite to the league's only female quarterback. He doesn't want to be labeled a bigot after all!

Man I am looking at the All-22s for the Eagles 9 sacks and wow. They had a lot of them on cover-1 or cover-2 and didn't even need to blitz. The play from the DE/DTs is unreal. Cox is such a beast.

Carolina is somewhat delusional for sure. However they do have probably the best wide receiver since Dez Bryant.

Ehhh...I'm all for confidence, but KB's incredibly inconsistent right now.

Too many lapses of concentration, easy drops, dogging it (or completely quitting) on plays after he completes his routes, sometimes not even completing his route (see first pick on Monday night).

He manages to pack that all between incredible superhuman catches and miraculous highlight plays though, and the stats are all good so it appears that he's been playing better than he actually has.

For my money, I'm taking Watkins and Odell "Ol Dirty Bastard" Beckham Jr. over him.

Bowser

Ehhh...I'm all for confidence, but KB's incredibly inconsistent right now.

Too many lapses of concentration, easy drops, dogging it (or completely quitting) on plays after he completes his routes, sometimes not even completing his route (see first pick on Monday night).

He manages to pack that all between incredible superhuman catches and miraculous highlight plays though, and the stats are all good so it appears that he's been playing better than he actually has.

For my money, I'm taking Watkins and Odell "Ol Dirty Bastard" Beckham Jr. over him.

I agree with all this, but I still like Kelvin and think he'll be a great one in due time.

This rookie WR class all around is amazing - Watkins, Beckham, Benjamin, Matthews, Hurns, John Brown...lotta good ones.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's early with this draft class so my comments on Kelvin Benjamin are probably just as valid as anyone else's opinion.

It was definitely a good year for WRs though.

I was just about to link that here haha

Ubisoft is just going balls deep into their customer base. It's a shame too because I really enjoyed Black Flag.

the amount of people that actually care or would be offended by something like that is miniscule and they know it.

Don't know what system you are getting it on but it is $40 on PC if you buy through Origin and access it via Hola and select Mexico as where you are browsing from.

Sounds like a great deal, but I'll be on the PSQuattro.

The Official Console of NFL-GAF™

(I can hear Bread typing away angrily on his keyboard now)

I agree with all this, but I still like Kelvin and think he'll be a great one in due time.

This rookie WR class all around is amazing - Watkins, Beckham, Benjamin, Matthews, Hurns, John Brown...lotta good ones.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy to have KB13

Look at this shit

kelvin-benjamin-catch-against-richard-sherman-c.gif

Per tweet by Mike Jurecki: #Cardinals have won five in a row vs. Lions, and 10 of the last 13 meetings, including last year in week two 25-21 @UOPXStadium. #DETvsAZ

Let's make it 6 in a row! #HOStanton! The nice thing about Detroit having such a high rated defense this year is that it will be a decent test to get an idea of how Stanton will measure up going forward. Granted, he hasn't played since week 5 so I'm not going to jump on him if he doesn't come out blazing. That Smokey Brown TD last week instilled some confidence. Go Cards!

Also, we apparently have the second most difficult remaining schedule in the NFC, yikes! Looks like Seattle has the most difficult so at least there's that as consolation. Hope Wussel and the Chickens continue to play like shit when we play next week! Lynch won't be running all over this run D to bail little wussel! That's next week though, for now, the Lions.

Top Bottom