• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 11 |OT| - The Quarterback Duel of the Decade Out of the Shadows

Respect

Jonas Gray is just a guy. The Pats (Brady included) have found offensive success for years and years by building a solid o-line and sticking "A Guy" in the backfield to run into giant holes. Early in the season the o-line sucked so the Pats sucked, now it's good and their offense is killing it. Of course Gronk being healthy helps but it's all about that o-line.

The Pats are very smart in that regard. RB's are a dime a dozen unless you are a top three guy so why waste money retaining them? The Panthers are an example of what happens when you do the opposite.

I don't know...I mean they did draft Laurence "Dancing with the Stars" Maroney with a 1st round pick no less. Jonas may be "just a guy", but he's a big guy and he ran well, I know the colts are weak against the run, but he did what he was supposed to do. A lot backs don't want to follow the plan and take the 3 yards in front of them, they would rather try to break it outside and go for 40, but usually ended up getting tackle for a 1 yard loss.

If Jonas can hold onto the football and not get flashy, it will give NE the balance they need to keep defenses honest.

Jonas Gray is just a guy. The Pats (Brady included) have found offensive success for years and years by building a solid o-line and sticking "A Guy" in the backfield to run into giant holes. Early in the season the o-line sucked so the Pats sucked, now it's good and their offense is killing it. Of course Gronk being healthy helps but it's all about that o-line.

The Pats are very smart in that regard. RB's are a dime a dozen unless you are a top three guy so why waste money retaining them? The Panthers are an example of what happens when you do the opposite.

Et tu Darkest?

You seek to turn the knife as well?

Did Kas mention Fatford only throwing for 180 yards for an INT?

That was the only good thing that happened all day yesterday. This season sucks so much, just give GB their trophy already. No way is Kap going to be around in the playoffs to stop Fraudgers.

Pats once again revolutionizing the game with a novel ground and pound offense.

What will BB come up with next?
This is what I hate about NE more than anything else. They are by far the best in the league at finding an opponent's weakness and hammering it over and over and over. Belichick isn't worried about getting cute or maintaining balance just for the sake of it, if he knows something will work he is going to keep doing it until the clock hits 0:00.

It sounds obvious but so many teams fail at this. Belichick is just incredible at coming up with effective game plans that make the most of his often mediocre players. That's why the Pats are always so consistent and tend to get better as the year goes on.

Man, I hate the Patriots. So much.

dionysus

Yaldog
Since a legit 1 seed won it last year, we are back to our wildcard team winning it this year. It is written in the book of Tebow.

Plus just look at Gronk's roid rage and Browner's Barry Bonds sized head and you know there is more to the story.

Tebow has declared that a NFC South team will get hot in the playoffs and win the SB with a sub 500 regular season record.

But seriously, this does feel like an "any given Sunday" year. A lot of parity. Every team has its weaknesses and I think exploiting those weaknesses comes down to your coaching. Year of the coach.

Milchjon

This is what I hate about NE more than anything else. They are by far the best in the league at finding an opponent's weakness and hammering it over and over and over. Belichick isn't worried about getting cute or maintaining balance just for the sake of it, if he knows something will work he is going to keep doing it until the clock hits 0:00.

It sounds obvious but so many teams fail at this. Belichick is just incredible at coming up with effective game plans that make the most of his often mediocre players. That's why the Pats are always so consistent and tend to get better as the year goes on.

Man, I hate the Patriots. So much.

Hmmmhmmm.

You sound like a true fan of The New England Patriots!

I don't know...I mean they did draft Laurence "Dancing with the Stars" Maroney with a 1st round pick no less. Jonas may be "just a guy", but he's a big guy and he ran well, I know the colts are weak against the run, but he did what he was supposed to do. A lot backs don't want to follow the plan and take the 3 yards in front of them, they would rather try to break it outside and go for 40, but usually ended up getting tackle for a 1 yard loss.

If Jonas can hold onto the football and not get flashy, it will give NE the balance they need to keep defenses honest.
Jonas is a downhill runner, yes. That's not exactly rare, though. Put him behind a bad o-line and watch his average drop to 3 ypc.

Et tu Darkest?

You seek to turn the knife as well?
Sorry man, I support the Panthers but I gotta call it like I see it. They are a good example of what overpaying for RB's gets you. :(

brentech

Lions and Packers both have 2 games left that, on paper, most would say they could lose. Everything else should be chalked as a should win.
And one of the 2 games is facing each other.
Shit is going to get interesting.

Godslay

Banned
Tebow has declared that a NFC South team will get hot in the playoffs and win the SB with a sub 500 regular season record.

All those dick burnings are starting to make sense. They weren't out of embarassment, it was a sacrifice to Tebow.

I liked that play.

Of course you did. Probably mugged some old lady after the game so you could get a fix. Come back to Tebow, you've strayed too far from home gata.

Tenumi

Banned
Lions and Packers both have 2 games left that, on paper, most would say they could lose. Everything else should be chalked as a should win.
And one of the 2 games is facing each other.
Shit is going to get interesting.

Like I said last night, It'd be fun to see the NFC North on the line in Week 17. Imagine, both teams locked in the playoffs, with the 2nd seed on the line. A first round bye, home field advantage, or the tough road through the wild card. It'd be quite the show.

Dragon

Banned
:jnc at that DF Unity thread. What a piece of shit that game is. Fuck Ubi. I'm waiting to get FC4 on Steam for the Holiday sale or whatever it is at the end of the year.

I wish I could just skip FC4 but it looks amazing

Also Godslay is going ham in this thread. Did that Pats game last week like flip crazy on for him or what?

bionic77

Since a legit 1 seed won it last year, we are back to our wildcard team winning it this year. It is written in the book of Tebow.

Plus just look at Gronk's roid rage and Browner's Barry Bonds sized head and you know there is more to the story.
I believed that 2 weeks ago but I am not sure abymore.

Fraud champs need a hot defense to upset their way to a SB. Do any of the potential frauds play defense this year? Hell does anyone play defense anymore? We get multiple teams scoring 40 every week now.

This weekend at my daughter's first birthday party my wife's family took a picture of my daughter wearing a Patriots hat when I wasn't looking and posted it to Facebook.

"Be very careful, then, how you live--not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil."

- Ephesians 5:15-16

eznark

Banned
That was the only good thing that happened all day yesterday. This season sucks so much, just give GB their trophy already. No way is Kap going to be around in the playoffs to stop Fraudgers.

Remember when the revolution scored a measly 6 meaningful points against the abysmal Packers defense?

Truly revolutionary. Chip is a genius.

Zeke

Best bye week ever! Skins, giants and iggles all went down in flames yesterday. On the down side our next 3 games are within a 12 day period. It's gonna be rough but I hope the bye did the players some good and are ready to roll.

dionysus

Yaldog

Fraud champs need a hot defense to upset their way to a SB. Do any of the potential frauds play defense this year? Hell does anyone play defense anymore? We get multiple teams scoring 40 every week now.

Miami and Baltimore may fit the definition of fraud team with good defense. Are they too good to be considered frauds?

GB is not a fraud team so your theory wont hold this year.

Hey Yankeehater, we are a win up on you now for our avatar bet! Woop!

Eagles will lose at least 2 more games the rest of the way and the Pats will only lose one more so you can get my avatar ready now. Sucks the Eagles gave away 2 very winnable games but oh well.

Godslay

Banned

Plenty of time for someone to emerge. Look at the year the Ravens won it. The team was in shambles a few weeks prior to the playoffs. They went on a hot streak and won it all. All this is doing is reseting the stage for another Patriots post season loss. Probably happen to the Broncos too, but we don't have any delusions about that anymore. Some one will do it, probably the Chiefs.

Best bye week ever! Skins, giants and iggles all went down in flames yesterday. On the down side our next 3 games are within a 12 day period. It's gonna be rough but I hope the bye did the players some good and are ready to roll.

Cowboys fan here as well. Next week is dangerous. Eli got something to prove and Coughlin could be coaching for his job

Didn't they get blown the fuck out by New Orleans?

No. They did lose at NO, where the Saints have lost 1 of their last 16 games, or something crazy like that. Would anyone pick the Saints if they played Gb on a neutral field this week? GB's OL is just to good. The Eagles had gotten pressure on every QB they have played this year, even if they didnt get sacks every game. This game was the first time that their rush was totaly neautralized. If Rodgers is going to get time like that every week then forget it, no one will be able to beat them.

jbug617

Banned
Damn the Pats are in a lose lose situation. If they win these games they are paper champions, if they lose these games it's because we only win the AFC East.

Zeke

Cowboys fan here as well. Next week is dangerous. Eli got something to prove and Coughlin could be coaching for his job
Coughlin will be fine he won't go anywhere unless he wants to. Eli will perform better no shocker there. Can't write this game off but I'm excited.

eznark

Banned
Pretty sure AT wanted the thread.

Didn't they get blown the fuck out by New Orleans?

Couple tipped picks and a hurt Rodgers led to a fourth quarter rout.That's the secret to beating the Pack! Hope Rodgers hurts himself and that the receivers have an off night.

It's the NFL, teams lose.

Top Bottom