• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 11 |OT| - The Quarterback Duel of the Decade Out of the Shadows

eznark

Banned
Does anyone have a video of the Cutler fumble that wasn't picked up? I was also listening to that game on the radio in the parking lot tailgating because it was blacked out on my ipad. It was a baffling explanation and I still have no clue what happened.

This tells me everything I need to know about how Coward Ron feels about Cam right now

Jeremy Igo ‏@CarolinaHuddle 3h3 hours ago
Apparently Rivera trusts a 46 yard field goal more than Cam and company getting a first down after 2 consecutive TD drives. Can't feel good.

If the GENIUS GM hadn't made a 13 million dollar donation to domestic violence awareness and other GENIUS moves in the offseason (such as not drafting an offensive tackle), Ronald would be on the hottest seat of any coach in the NFL right now.

Respect

Nah, Miami, Detroit, Cleve are probably better

The fact that his statement isn't ridiculous speaks volumes about how far we have come though. It is odd to have good cornerbacks when for the past 6 or so season the strategy has been "run through the receiver and never turn your head on every play and look surprised when 3 flags are thrown." Almost as good when they were constantly 2 steps behind on man coverage 3 out of every 4 pass plays.

Hopefully Revis turns out to be more durable than Talib was the past 2 seasons. Talib was great but everytime he went down, the secondary just shit the bed.

Godslay

Banned
You held Alex Smith to 100 yards.

Pretty impressive when you contrast it with the game he had against the best secondary in the NFL.

Probably already posted but...

kiUUwv9.gif

“[Sergio Brown] was just yappin’ at me the whole time,” Gronkowski said, via CSNNE.com. “So I took him and threw him out of the club.”

The Patriot Way. This guy is the Barry Bonds of TEs. So much greatness.

Zeke

So if the playoffs were today Dallas would play Philly in the first round. Packers get the lowly falcons. Ez you need to find a way to switch us. I don't want to play a division rival in the first round. :(

Pretty impressive when you contrast it with the game he had against the best secondary in the NFL.

Making bullshit alloggations without anything to back it up. You're a George Bush guy aren't you?

And today in "Cam Newton: Thug Life"

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 4m4 minutes ago
Why Cam was unusually fast getting to post-game presser: He took 60 kids (30 from ATL, 30 CLT) to a steak dinner last night for 2 hours

MechDX

Hey JM, see this:

Brian T. SmithVerified account
‏@ChronBrianSmith Happy day for the #Texans. Personal highlight was seeing George Godsey smile, which can be a rare occurrence. Was beaming postgame.

Blue had a 156 yards vs the Browns yesterday. Godsey smiling thinking what happens when Arian returns next week?

This is what I hate about NE more than anything else. They are by far the best in the league at finding an opponent's weakness and hammering it over and over and over. Belichick isn't worried about getting cute or maintaining balance just for the sake of it, if he knows something will work he is going to keep doing it until the clock hits 0:00.

It sounds obvious but so many teams fail at this. Belichick is just incredible at coming up with effective game plans that make the most of his often mediocre players. That's why the Pats are always so consistent and tend to get better as the year goes on.

Man, I hate the Patriots. So much.

What's surprising about this is that Patriots fans (myself included) think the opposite of Belichick & Josh McDaniels, that they try to get cute or "out-out think their oppoinent," in a sort of "Colts are bad against the run, so they're going to THINK that we're going to run on them... and then we'll pass!" Sort of thing. This happened a lot early this season when the Patriots were struggling. Back in week 2, Ridley ran all over the Vikings, and so Week 3 came around and everybody thought, well Oakland has one of the worst rush D's in the league, so New England will run all over them again.. And instead, they hardly played Ridley and he was their leading rusher with like ~50 yards.

You see this also with goal line situations... They'd have a north/south back like Ridley, and then for no reason bring in Vereen at the goal line and run with him... A sort of "Vereen is in, so they think we'll pass, so we're going to run!" and he gets stuffed. This happened a bit in the first half... up 14 -3, with lousy field position and 1:30 on the clock, Patriots have a 3rd and 1 or whatever it is, and they've been running well all day... SO let's bring in Jonas Gray, and do a play action deep pass to Gronk, which of course Brady floated for a terribad pass not even looking because of the run blitz. It was such a boneheaded call... When everbody thought they'd just run out the half, get the ball after the half, they give a gift to Andrew Luck who easily converts the short field for a TD and it totally swung momentum going into the half. Thankfully, the Patriots came out with a good statement drive at the beginning of the 3rd quarter.

This was a game when I was actually happy to see that they had a gameplan and stuck to it (as a Pats fan). But, also a lot of credit goes to Gray for running hard. There was that one 3rd and 1 near the goal line, just before Brady's pass to Tim Wright for the TD, where Gray was stopped in the backfield but with a second effort, plowed for a first down. It's the first time I've seen that in quite a while.

Meh, doesn't bother me. Brown was the guy who broke Gronkowski's arm two years ago, and he's a less-than-mediocre defensive back who talks so much shit, and he got abused for the whole game and kept talking. Also a former Patriot who feels the organization screwed him by not giving him more playing time 2 years ago and then cutting him.

Bowser

And today in "Cam Newton: Thug Life"

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 4m4 minutes ago
Why Cam was unusually fast getting to post-game presser: He took 60 kids (30 from ATL, 30 CLT) to a steak dinner last night for 2 hours

He should have been watching film for 2 hours last night, smh

Respect

What's surprising about this is that Patriots fans (myself included) think the opposite of Belichick & Josh McDaniels, that they try to get cute or "out-out think their oppoinent," in a sort of "Colts are bad against the run, so they're going to THINK that we're going to run on them... and then we'll pass!" Sort of thing. This happened a lot early this season when the Patriots were struggling. Back in week 2, Ridley ran all over the Vikings, and so Week 3 came around and everybody thought, well Oakland has one of the worst rush D's in the league, so New England will run all over them again.. And instead, they hardly played Ridley and he was their leading rusher with like ~50 yards.

You see this also with goal line situations... They'd have a north/south back like Ridley, and then for no reason bring in Vereen at the goal line and run with him... A sort of "Vereen is in, so they think we'll pass, so we're going to run!" and he gets stuffed. This happened a bit in the first half... up 14 -3, with lousy field position and 1:30 on the clock, Patriots have a 3rd and 1 or whatever it is, and they've been running well all day... SO let's bring in Jonas Gray, and do a play action deep pass to Gronk, which of course Brady floated for a terribad pass not even looking because of the run blitz. It was such a boneheaded call... When everbody thought they'd just run out the half, get the ball after the half, they give a gift to Andrew Luck who easily converts the short field for a TD and it totally swung momentum going into the half. Thankfully, the Patriots came out with a good statement drive at the beginning of the 3rd quarter.

This was a game when I was actually happy to see that they had a gameplan and stuck to it (as a Pats fan). But, also a lot of credit goes to Gray for running hard. There was that one 3rd and 1 near the goal line, just before Brady's pass to Tim Wright for the TD, where Gray was stopped in the backfield but with a second effort, plowed for a first down. It's the first time I've seen that in quite a while.

They sometimes do game plan too much and can out-think themselves, but that is what makes them successful. The clunkers usually happen early in the year when even they don't know what kind of team they have and are almost throwing things out there to see what works. Bill has said it himself, with all the reduction in OTA's, they are really still in preseason mode for the first 4 weeks of the regular season.

Once they know what kind of team they have, they adapt the game plan to their personnel and the opponent, not force personnel to adapt to a certain game plan they won't be capable of executing. That is why they tend to play better Nov & Dec, as opposed to Sept & Oct.

Mrbob

Does anyone have a video of the Cutler fumble that wasn't picked up? I was also listening to that game on the radio in the parking lot tailgating because it was blacked out on my ipad. It was a baffling explanation and I still have no clue what happened.
No one picked up the ball until the play was blown dead. GB game last year, Atlanta game this year, bears have a chronic problem not going after a live ball. Only good thing for them were the vikings taking their stupid pills too.

Godslay

Banned
Making bullshit alloggations without anything to back it up. You're a George Bush guy aren't you?

I don't speak to foreigners about American politics. Hell I barely speak to Americans about politics. As far as George Bush, I can neither confirm or deny voting for him. If you want to pull a Dragon and attempt to paint me as right wing religious nut, knock yourself out. I don't understand what that has to do with the price of tea in China.

But did he injure him though

You act like Brown arm barred Robert and snapped his arm. Fact is Robert was lined up on an extra point in a blowout got hurt when he shouldn't have been on the field. Hardly a situation for revenge.

I don't speak to foreigners about American politics. Hell I barely speak to Americans about politics. As far as George Bush, I can neither confirm or deny voting for him. If you want to pull a Dragon and attempt to paint me as right wing religious nut, knock yourself out. I don't understand what that has to do with the price of tea in China.

You act like Brown arm barred Robert and snapped his arm. Fact is Robert was lined up on an extra point in a blowout got hurt when he shouldn't have been on the field. Hardly a situation for revenge.

I think you're just a nut, which is unrelated to your political standpoints or religious believes.

eznark

Banned
No one picked up the ball until the play was blown dead. GB game last year, Atlanta game this year, bears have a chronic problem not going after a live ball. Only good thing for them were the vikings taking their stupid pills too.

What was the flag for?

cajunator

Banned
Safety Rafael Bush is done for the season with fractured fibula and Brandin Cooks is out 4 weeks with a forearm injury. Put a cork in it. Lets just tank.

Don't call him Robert.

Mrbob

Looking at the the Packers schedule, I don't see anyone beating GB right now outside of Rodgers getting hurt. All their tough games are at home where the team is dominating. GB are finishing 13-3 and grabbing the one seed.

It is possible the team might have one bad game so 12-4 at worst.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I just woke up and I can't get over how bad the officiating was. How the hell did Bruce Arians know to challenge that so called touchback on the 1 yard line when the NFL rule book states:

If the ball is first touched by a player of the kicking team, it remains in play.

The ball was only touched by the Arizona player and then Ross picked it up.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2014/11/16/7231791/breaking-down-the-call-jeremy-ross-punt-return

Also saw pics of that Larry Fitzgerald "first down". He was clearly not even close to the first down yet the refs gave it to him without a challenge which gave the Cardinals the game. At the end of the first half Eric Ebron has a first down, the refs say he didn't cross the first down, it gets reviewed and we still don't get a first down.

The referees were a joke the entire game.

DMczaf

LOVIEWASRIGHT.JPG

AHAHAHAHA

it would be beyond hilarious if we somehow make it and pull a giants cinderalla story

McCoy, Evans and David will have to carry this team to a 7 win season at this point. There is nothing else on this team. McCoy is secretly having his best season ever, with a god damn broken hand!

6 more years. #LockupUp #CantEscapeUsGerald

eznark

Banned
I just woke up and I can't get over how bad the officiating was. How the hell did Bruce Arians know to challenge that so called touchback on the 1 yard line when the NFL rule book states:

The ball was only touched by the Arizona player and then Ross picked it up.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2014/11/16/7231791/breaking-down-the-call-jeremy-ross-punt-return

Also saw pics of that Larry Fitzgerald "first down". He was clearly not even close to the first down yet the refs gave it to him without a challenge which gave the Cardinals the game. At the end of the first half Eric Ebron has a first down, the refs say he didn't cross the first down, it gets reviewed and we still don't get a first down.

The referees were a joke the entire game.

Which was worse, the officiating or the Lions offense?

Well it is the Internet. We are all free to express mental illness in a safe environment.
#RutBrothers #MentalIllness4Life

Looking at the the Packers schedule, I don't see anyone beating GB right now outside of Rodgers getting hurt.
They should finish 12-4, dropping one only to the Patriots.

I haven't crunched the numbers enough but that puts them in a good position for the #2 seed. In a perfect world both the Hawks and Niners miss the playoffs but I doubt both happens.

Top Bottom