• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 11 |OT| - The Quarterback Duel of the Decade Out of the Shadows

brentech

phew, thought directv was going to be the end of me now that it's snowing. no signal except the locals this morning, but now it's working. Not sure what changed....

i'm going to end up missing a packers game due to this, i just know it.

"When you score six points, you're not going to win a lot of ball games," Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford said.

Accept it. Your QB has.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Which was worse, the officiating or the Lions offense?

The offense and play calling were bad but what if Eric Ebron gets that first down with 30 seconds left and 3 timeouts?

How about if we got the ball at midfield instead of the 1 yard line during the Jeremy Ross punt?

Why the hell did we not see a replay of the supposed face mask penalty in the first half that put us back 15 yards?

I said it last night the play calling has to improve but it's hard playing against the refs as well.

eznark

Banned
phew, thought directv was going to be the end of me now that it's snowing. no signal except the locals this morning, but now it's working. Not sure what changed....

i'm going to end up missing a packers game due to this, i just know it.

Accept it. Your QB has.

I've never missed a Packer game or even a play as a result of bad weather in 5 years with DTV, which is odd considering we have insane storms and I am on a hill with ludicrous wind, but it never happens on Sunday. I'm blessed, which means you are too friend.

The offense and play calling were bad but what if Eric Ebron gets that first down with 30 seconds left and 3 timeouts?

How about if we got the ball at midfield instead of the 1 yard line during the Jeremy Ross punt?

Why the hell did we not see a replay of the supposed face mask penalty in the first half that put us back 15 yards?

I said it last night the play calling has to improve but it's hard playing against the refs as well.

Score at least one touchdown before you cry like the girls you roofie after they wake up next to you.

Respect

“In all my years of competitive sports, I have never seen someone as competitive. He plays to destroy you.”

—New England cornerback Darrelle Revis, to Jim Corbett of USA Today, on Tom Brady.

Dragon

Banned
When it comes to Patriots related issues I have to side with the 'slay. It's nothing personal!

Did you ever play anymore Shadow of Mordor? I'm thinking about picking it up on Black Friday.

Siding with the "'slay" is like watching any Vince Vaughn comedy over the past few years. It is not recommended!

And nah I haven't. I really should. I have a big backlog. Been playing FIFA a lot even though I'm pretty bad at it.

I am going to be playing GTAV tonight tho.

Pro

Also saw pics of that Larry Fitzgerald "first down". He was clearly not even close to the first down yet the refs gave it to him without a challenge which gave the Cardinals the game.

This catch happened before the two minute warning so it wasn't looked at by the refs and the Lions were out of timeouts so they could not challenge it themselves. The spot was close enough in real time. Lions should have managed their timeouts better. Even then it might not have been conclusive to overturn the call on the field.

brentech

I've never missed a Packer game or even a play as a result of bad weather in 5 years with DTV, which is odd considering we have insane storms and I am on a hill with ludicrous wind, but it never happens on Sunday. I'm blessed, which means you are too friend.

I can only hope.

MediocreDizzyIraniangroundjay.gif

Since we're talking about parents stuff.

Can you borrow me some money? Wanna visit somebody in NY next summer, but that also means I need to hit Boston and I might as well visit you and the fam!
Unfortunately I am kind of broke at the moment. You should still come visit, though! The only downside is it will probably be a pretty extreme culture shock after being up north, haha.

Respect

Giants are done, someone else has to RISE UP and STOP the PATRIOT MENACE.

Eli the un-American patriot hater can't stop us this year! Bernard Karmell Pollard will not be suiting up against NE to injure any key players (unless TEN cuts him)! Gronk just has to protect himself from a potential Terrell Ray Ward (why does he go by TJ Ward, when his initials are TR?) knee cap.

Unfortunately for NE, KC and Balt still in it, and GB can definitely out score them. Doesn't matter where it would be played, Manning can beat NE...plenty of pitfalls out there :(...all of the NE-GB for the super bowl talk could change pretty quickly by the end of the month.

Damn you lucky or that hill is really fucking high, I have had about 10 games interrupted because of heavy snow/rain, one game that stands out is Giants @ Bills 2007, I missed the entire first half because of snow..

Hey GodSlay how bad was that hit yesterday that Sanders took? I was listening to the Dan Patrick show and they saying the DB could face a hefty fine.

They were also talking about how this season at the moment there isn't that one "Great" team. Do you guys agree?

eznark

Banned
Damn you lucky or that hill is really fucking high, I have had about 10 games interrupted because of heavy snow/rain, one game that stands out is Giants @ Bills 2007, I missed the entire first half because of snow..

It's the highest point for a few miles so that helps with getting the signal back rapidly if I lose it.

On Sportscenter during the CFB encore segment they show Melvin Gordon running to the endzone for his record breaking run and then it flashbacked to LT running with TCU then back to Gordon. I'm a sucker for those type of highlight packages.

Top Bottom