• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 11 |OT| - The Quarterback Duel of the Decade Out of the Shadows

bionic77

Lions are the 1st team in history that should have won a game trailing at halftime scoring zero points in the 2nd half.
This is a lie.

Every team* should win every week if it were not for a bad offensive coordinator, if they started the backup qb, and/or if God didn't hate that particular fanbase.

* This does not apply to teams in Ohio.

Respect

breakingmaddendrag.gif

You go gata!

Is that Jared Lorenzen?

eznark

Banned
On Sportscenter during the CFB encore segment they show Melvin Gordon running to the endzone for his record breaking run and then it flashbacked to LT running with TCU then back to Gordon. I'm a sucker for those type of highlight packages.

Never seen a game like that. Badgers didn't even try to throw the football, and he still was getting 15 yards a pop. Bo Pellini is a clown show.

I just woke up and I can't get over how bad the officiating was. How the hell did Bruce Arians know to challenge that so called touchback on the 1 yard line when the NFL rule book states:

The ball was only touched by the Arizona player and then Ross picked it up.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2014/11/16/7231791/breaking-down-the-call-jeremy-ross-punt-return

Also saw pics of that Larry Fitzgerald "first down". He was clearly not even close to the first down yet the refs gave it to him without a challenge which gave the Cardinals the game. At the end of the first half Eric Ebron has a first down, the refs say he didn't cross the first down, it gets reviewed and we still don't get a first down.

The referees were a joke the entire game.

Garbage ass Nick Foles put up 20 on that Cards D, man Fattford is even worse then I thought.

NH Apache

Banned
....what? They're definitely better in pass protection than run blocking, but almost any team that gives an honest effort is getting pressure on Rodgers this year. The Eagles just came out flat

That guy from the Saints/Bengals game - No remorse

http://now.nfl.com/play/9fb278fe-d3c6-4221-a9c8-5952d1f1bd70?id=9fb278fe-d3c6-4221-a9c8-5952d1f1bd70

Belated, but the operations manager for the Saints ended up giving the Bengals fans a signed football and a bunch of swag.

Zeke

Giants are done, someone else has to RISE UP and STOP the PATRIOT MENACE.
Then let us proclaim that America's Team should rise up and defend America from those that seek to destroy her. With the great wall of Dallas rebuilt a star rises in the east, to shine bright and give hope to millions. No camcorders or uggs shall break our will. Let us unite under this star in the east and protect our beloved country!

Then let us proclaim that America's Team should rise up and defend America from those that seek to destroy her. With the great wall of Dallas rebuilt a star rises in the east, to shine bright and give hope to millions. No camcorders or uggs shall break our will. Let us unite under this star in the east and protect our beloved country!

I would take the Cowboys over the Pats for sure. Go Romo!

You will be Lucky if Romo can beat 6-10 Falcon in their Dome..

Tom Penny

This is a lie.

Every team* should win every week if it were not for a bad offensive coordinator, if they started the backup qb, and/or if God didn't hate that particular fanbase.

* This does not apply to teams in Ohio.

I need Antonio Brown to show up tonight and not shit the bed like last week. K thanks.

MechDX

Alfred Blue ran for 156 yards yesterday vs the browns while replacing Arian Foster. Blue was a 6th round pick from LSU this year and that pick is what the Raiders gave us for Schaub.

Thanks Oakland.

Tom Penny

Alfred Blue ran for 156 yards yesterday vs the browns while replacing Arian Foster. Blue was a 6th round pick from LSU this year and that pick is what the Raiders gave us for Schaub.

Thanks Oakland.

I love heartwarming stories..Gray probably won't touch the ball next week but anyway

Jonas Gray

Professional career

Miami Dolphins

Gray was signed by the Miami Dolphins as an undrafted free agent. He was placed on the PUP list while he rehabbed his injured knee. He was among final cuts on August 31, 2013.

Baltimore Ravens

Gray was signed by the Baltimore Ravens to their practice squad on September 2, 2013.

New England Patriots

Gray was signed by the New England Patriots to a future/reserve contract on January 10, 2014.

Gray also became the first NFL running back since 1921 to score 4 rushing touchdowns in a game after entering the game having zero career touchdowns

I also need 10 from him to win this week.

I need Brown and Bryant combined to outscore Bell by 8. Gronk had to go shit on the Colts with his meaningless TD :(

Oh KASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Let me start by saying 9-1 Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitches! Still your NFL Overlords! Still undefeated at home and in the conference. Now 3 games ahead of both garbage Chickens and Niners for the division and now two games ahead of the Lions for the #1 seed! Woooooooooooh!

On a serious note: GG Lions-GAF you guys are classy and I'm sorry for the frustration you must feel with your offense. You guys still control your own destiny and the only games I see you losing are NE and GB so you should make the playoffs, take heart. Ignore the next bit, I'm just going to have some fun with Kas.

As for Kas, Kas, my homie, let's roll through some of the things you were dead wrong on:

Kas Prediction: Lions D-Line will destroy Stanton and he'll do nothing.

Actual Occurrence: Lions didn't get a single sack but Cardinals sure did! 2 TDs for Stanton :D

Kas Prediction: Stafford will destroy us with his arm

Actual Occurrence: Fatford couldn't get a single TD, not even when you started a possession more or less in the redzone after a terrible Stanton pick, truly the greatest QB ever! HAHAHAHA

Another Occurance: Peterson shut Megatron the fuck down! Tate shmate, he did nothing. As good as your Lion D is, Cardinals was better. Only 6 points and it should have been 3 if not for that dumb pick. Also coulda shoulda woulda had another TD if not for other stupid pick or at least a FG but credit to Lion D for creating pressure. Those were the only truly bad throws he's made this season, your D is legit as we already knew but kudos to our OL for preventing any sacks, this was a real test and they passed :)

Lions D-Line prevented us running much as expected, just like the Rams. Hopefully we'll be able to run again now that we're going against lesser lines. Stanton is good when poised but needs to look at the tape and learn from those picks. One in particular was a terrible terrible throw and both were really costly locations which could have changed the outcome of the game. The good news is there's only one or two other teams in the league with as deadly a D-Line so Stanton should hopefully have more success going down the road besides when we play STL again. Honestly, I'm more worried about the Lambs on Thur night than SEA or SF at this point. Peterson with yet another amazing consecutive performance, really looking as though he's turned the corner. Take notes, Dick Sherman! Yes Cdy, Peterson is elite ;)

jmdajr

I love heartwarming stories..Gray probably won't touch the ball next week but anyway

I need Brown and Bryant combined to outscore Bell by 8. Gronk had to go shit on the Colts with his meaningless TD :(

I picked up Gray to replace Bradshaw. It's a gamble but fuck it.

MechDX

Deepi Sidhu ‏@DeepSlant · 7m7 minutes ago
Ryan Mallett said Tom Brady sent a text to congratulate him on his win. #Texans

Tom is such a great guy. Wonder if he sent a text to Hoyer saying "LOL"

Godslay

Banned
Hey GodSlay how bad was that hit yesterday that Sanders took? I was listening to the Dan Patrick show and they saying the DB could face a hefty fine.

They were also talking about how this season at the moment there isn't that one "Great" team. Do you guys agree?

Sorry for the late response, I was cultivating my hate chi through some morning Yoga.

It looked pretty bad in terms of how violent it was and how Sanders crumpled. It was a clean hit for the most part. One could argue that it was a hit on a defenseless receiver, but the DB tried to make a play and the timing was right. He also lead with 90% shoulder. I don't think he should get fined, but I'm not the league so who knows?

As far as one great team, no there isn't at this point imo.

Unfortunately I am kind of broke at the moment. You should still come visit, though! The only downside is it will probably be a pretty extreme culture shock after being up north, haha.

Don't worry, I'll buy a cowboy hat and some boots as soon as I come out of the plane. I'll fit in just fine!

If we ever have an NFL gaf football game, I'm going to block one of you like Gronk did last night.

I want to play against Tabris and Willem.

Colasante

Defensive tackle Vince Wilfork played a season-low 36 snaps versus Colts. Chris Jones had 31, Dominique Easley 30, Alan Branch 15, per @PFF.

This might actually be the most important development for the Patriots. Even with Casey Walker a healthy scratch, Chandler Jones out with an injury, and Sealver Siliga on IR-Recall, the Patriots dominated on the defensive line with Wilfork playing a reduced number of snaps. Awesome.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Goddamn Belichick's blackened heart. How the holy fuck does he keep finding people like this? This is just obscene. He's has clearly made a pact with both heaven and hell.

Forbiden

Goddamn Belichick's blackened heart. How the holy fuck does he keep finding people like this? This is just obscene. He's has clearly made a pact with both heaven and hell.

Trial and error? For every decent guy he finds there are several busts as well. And if he made a pact, hopefully he made it for a SB win.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I just woke up and I can't get over how bad the officiating was. How the hell did Bruce Arians know to challenge that so called touchback on the 1 yard line when the NFL rule book states:

The ball was only touched by the Arizona player and then Ross picked it up.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2014/11/16/7231791/breaking-down-the-call-jeremy-ross-punt-return

Also saw pics of that Larry Fitzgerald "first down". He was clearly not even close to the first down yet the refs gave it to him without a challenge which gave the Cardinals the game. At the end of the first half Eric Ebron has a first down, the refs say he didn't cross the first down, it gets reviewed and we still don't get a first down.

The referees were a joke the entire game.

The offense and play calling were bad but what if Eric Ebron gets that first down with 30 seconds left and 3 timeouts?

How about if we got the ball at midfield instead of the 1 yard line during the Jeremy Ross punt?

Why the hell did we not see a replay of the supposed face mask penalty in the first half that put us back 15 yards?

I said it last night the play calling has to improve but it's hard playing against the refs as well.

Yeah, I have random black dude salt shaker.gif ready!

You're late

:jnc

Gif away

cdyhybrid

Oh KASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Let me start by saying 9-1 Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitches! Still your NFL Overlords! Still undefeated at home and in the conference. Now 3 games ahead of both garbage Chickens and Niners for the division and now two games ahead of the Lions for the #1 seed! Woooooooooooh!

On a serious note: GG Lions-GAF you guys are classy and I'm sorry for the frustration you must feel with your offense. You guys still control your own destiny and the only games I see you losing are NE and GB so you should make the playoffs, take heart. Ignore the next bit, I'm just going to have some fun with Kas.

As for Kas, Kas, my homie, let's roll through some of the things you were dead wrong on:

Kas Prediction: Lions D-Line will destroy Stanton and he'll do nothing.

Actual Occurrence: Lions didn't get a single sack but Cardinals sure did! 2 TDs for Stanton :D

Kas Prediction: Stafford will destroy us with his arm

Actual Occurrence: Fatford couldn't get a single TD, not even when you started a possession more or less in the redzone after a terrible Stanton pick, truly the greatest QB ever! HAHAHAHA

Another Occurance: Peterson shut Megatron the fuck down! Tate shmate, he did nothing. As good as your Lion D is, Cardinals was better. Only 6 points and it should have been 3 if not for that dumb pick. Also coulda shoulda woulda had another TD if not for other stupid pick or at least a FG but credit to Lion D for creating pressure. Those were the only truly bad throws he's made this season, your D is legit as we already knew but kudos to our OL for preventing any sacks, this was a real test and they passed :)

Lions D-Line prevented us running much as expected, just like the Rams. Hopefully we'll be able to run again now that we're going against lesser lines. Stanton is good when poised but needs to look at the tape and learn from those picks. One in particular was a terrible terrible throw and both were really costly locations which could have changed the outcome of the game. The good news is there's only one or two other teams in the league with as deadly a D-Line so Stanton should hopefully have more success going down the road besides when we play STL again. Honestly, I'm more worried about the Lambs on Thur night than SEA or SF at this point. Peterson with yet another amazing consecutive performance, really looking as though he's turned the corner. Take notes, Dick Sherman! Yes Cdy, Peterson is elite ;)

Peterson only covered one side of the field, he's not elite.

Tom Penny

Luck. His real blackened heart moves is when he gives no fucks and trades away players like Mankins, looks like and asshat to start the season then the O Line gels and random dude runs for 2 bills.

Oh Shit. I didn't know Bradshaw broke his ankle. Trent is going to run for a G.

Bowser

Pretty crazy to think that KB13 has put up 52-768-8 so far this season and yet he's probably no better than the 4th best rookie WR in this class.

Peterson only covered one side of the field, he's not elite.

Jnc awesome response. Peterson did cover him for the vast vast majority of the game, however. He also followed Dez everywhere so yes, elite ;) I already complained we weren't letting him follow Calvin all over before the game but glad it worked out to where he was on Calvin most of it anyway.

Spinluck

Who Gray?

Did you see the holes he got to run through?

Only Trent Truck would miss those.

The biggest difference in that game was the running game. It looked competitive at some parts, but it never really was. Not when a team can run the call like that, and you're struggling to even scrap for yards.

What grade would NFL-GAF give Pagano as a coach.

Colasante

Who Gray?

The biggest difference in that game was the running game. It looked competitive at some parts, but it never really was. Not when a team can run the call like that, and you're struggling to even scrap for yards.

C+. Never should've let Arians leave. He's an A++ coach.

Bowser

Who Gray?

I've never been impressed with Pagano as a HC. It would have been callous, but they should have kept Arians. Pagano is a slightly better version of Rowboat Ron.

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 27m27 minutes ago
The Panthers did not get a visit from DEA officials like some other teams around the NFL, according to team spokesman

The narcs only visited road teams but it doesn't matter.

We have the worst roids in history and the supplier should get out of the business if we're actually using.

Ol Charmin soft ass team

cdyhybrid

Jnc awesome response. Peterson did cover him for the vast vast majority of the game, however. He also followed Dez everywhere so yes, elite ;) I already complained we weren't letting him follow Calvin all over before the game but glad it worked out to where he was on Calvin most of it anyway.

Golden Tate is better than Megatron at this point. As my good friend :kas says, look at the stats. Peterson can't be elite if he covers the #2 receiver most of the game.

Who Gray?

F, Colts would have easily beat the Eagles earlier if they had let Luck pass.
He is a likable guy but he has no sense at all of what to do on offense. Trent is a bust, just cut him and move on already. It is like they are trying to get production from him to make the trade look less bad.

manfestival

McCoy, Evans and David will have to carry this team to a 7 win season at this point. There is nothing else on this team. McCoy is secretly having his best season ever, with a god damn broken hand!

6 more years. #LockupUp #CantEscapeUsGerald

lavonte and gerald deserve awards for what they have been doing. Both players are superstars

MechDX

Who Gray?

He is no BOB. You should let him and go and hire Josh McDaniels as both HC and GM

Top Bottom