• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 11 |OT| - The Quarterback Duel of the Decade Out of the Shadows

Zeke

Jnc awesome response. Peterson did cover him for the vast vast majority of the game, however. He also followed Dez everywhere so yes, elite ;) I already complained we weren't letting him follow Calvin all over before the game but glad it worked out to where he was on Calvin most of it anyway.
Ugh I hate this, dude had Brandon Weeden throwing to him. Fucking skins robbed us out of a legit game. I would of loved to see Dez and Peterson matchup with Romo back there.

Bowser

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 2m2 minutes ago
The Panthers' 6-game winless streak is the second-longest in the NFL. Only the Raiders (1 year) have a longer winless streak

We're slightly better than the Raiders...

haSiQoL.gif

Still like the Bears chances. Dallas has a tough schedule, including the Bears. The Bears hold the head to head tie breaker with San Fran should it come to that and Dallas as well should the Bears win out and make 10-6. Seattle is probably due a couple more losses playing in a tough division(Still gotta play SF and Arizona twice, plus Philly and STL) and the Bears will probably have a better conference record against them(Seattle has 2 losses at the moment, Bears 3 which it would have to remain). If the Bears can beat Detroit twice and hold off a farewell Adrien Peterson peformance(if he's back) to end the season they should be in.The NFC South is garbage. So who's left? No one...Bears are in. Just gotta beat Detroit a couple of times. Hopefully, GB's game against Detroit to end the season is worth something to them so their starters play. Arizona doing well should keep the pressure on GB to get the #1 seed. Philly too to make sure GB at least gets a bye...but since they have the h2h over Philly that might not be as important...so Arizona needs to be a game ahead or tied with GB going into the final game. Detroit is looking to me to only finish with 9 wins...with possible wins over TB and Min.

eznark

Banned
Green Bay has jumped up to 2nd in PRF's SRS ratings, behind New England. At 9.7 they are almost double the second NFC team, Arizona who is at 5.2.

Colasante

haSiQoL.gif

You're only a cornerback, left tackle, running back, and second wide receiver away from being good again. That may be a lot, but I trust in Gettleman, especially with some extra cap space coming your way. I've liked his drafting the past two years.

You will be Lucky if Romo can beat 6-10 Falcon in their Dome..

The Lions have to hope for a wild card so they can play one of these under .500 scrubs from the NFC South in the 1st round.

Stafford can't beat a team with a winning record, so this is the only way the Lions win a playoff game.

Still like the Bears chances. Dallas has a tough schedule, including the Bears. The Bears hold the head to head tie breaker with San Fran should it come to that and Dallas as well should the Bears win out and make 10-6. Seattle is probably due a couple more losses playing in a tough division(Still gotta play SF and Arizona twice, plus Philly and STL) and the Bears will probably have a better conference record against them(Seattle has 2 losses at the moment, Bears 3 which it would have to remain). If the Bears can beat Detroit twice and hold off a farewell Adrien Peterson peformance(if he's back) to end the season they should be in.The NFC South is garbage. So who's left? No one...Bears are in. Just gotta beat Detroit a couple of times. Hopefully, GB's game against Detroit to end the season is worth something to them so their starters play. Arizona doing well should keep the pressure on GB to get the #1 seed. Philly too to make sure GB at least gets a bye...but since they have the h2h over Philly that might not be as important...so Arizona needs to be a game ahead or tied with GB going into the final game. Detroit is looking to me to only finish with 9 wins...with possible wins over TB and Min.

Lulz

Tom Penny

Green Bay has jumped up to 2nd in PRF's SRS ratings, behind New England. At 9.7 they are almost double the second NFC team, Arizona who is at 5.2.

I don't think people realize that GB's pass defense has been very good this year. It's resembling their last SB run...

haSiQoL.gif

And you're lucky the Raiders don't play the Steelers this season, because they'd be off the schneid.

We only beat you because it was early in the season and people thought you were the 2013 Panthers. If we played you now we'd lose in embarrassing fashion.

The
Tomlin
Steeler Way.

I think we win tonight. I think we split with the Bengals. I think we split (though we shouldn't) with the Saints & Falcons. Which means the Chiefs game determines if we go 10-6 or 9-7. Either way I'm going to assume that we're out of the playoffs so that we can point at the shitty performances against TB and the Jest. Just like the Titans and Raiders last year.

Ugh.

eznark

Banned
I don't think people realize that GB's pass defense has been very good this year. It's resembling their last SB run...

The two biggest changes to this team from the last couple of years is Ha Ha Clinton Dix adding stability and physicality to the safety position and Corey Linsley turning out to be awesome.

If writers didn't jerk off to garbage time receiver yards, Linsley would be a legitimate offensive rookie of the year candidate. He is grading out as the fourth best Packers offensive player every single week.

Zeke

Bears are dead last in points given up Dallas is 9th in points. The bears d is shit Murray gonna run roughshod over them and Romo is gonna pick them apart. A healthy oline ensures Murray gonna eat and Romo stays clean.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Heard a great stat on the radio that Fattford is 0-16 in his career on the road against teams that finish the year above 0.500.

Elite!

Colasante

Pretty nuts to me that Kyle Arrington limited TY Hilton to three catches for 24 yards. Some writers were acting like Revis wouldn't even be able to keep up with him. I like this secondary.

Here an interesting piece of information. Peyton Manning plays poorly against the Rams(of all teams)and they lose. You probably will lose when your best player doesn't play very well. Makes sense right? The Brady bunch play the Colts (considered one of the best teams in football)and they win! The most telling part is that Brady, like Manning, didn't play very well and he team still came out on top. Luck played well, but nobody else on the Colts came to play.

When your team and coaching is superior, your star QB doesn't have to play at a high level. The Patriots organization continue to show that they know how to build COMPLETE teams and systems. Belichick and the rest of his staff find ways to get the best out of players with average talent. The exceptions being Gronk and Revis

I love my Colts, but I think very few players on this team believe in Grigson and Pagano. I wouldn't be surprised if Luck doesn't re-sign with us at the end of the season. Luck's in his third year and continues to hear things and comparisons to Manning, filling shoes, 2-14...He'd probably rather play for a team that has been average for the better part of ten years and have never had any GOAT discussion type of QBs.

Respect

Pretty nuts to me that Kyle Arrington limited TY Hilton to three catches for 24 yards. Some writers were acting like Revis wouldn't even be able to keep up with him. I like this secondary.

He's always played well in the slot corner position (even more so than normal this year)...it is when he is pressed to play on the edges due to injuries or other factors that he tends to struggle.

jmdajr

1. A source informed of Julius Thomas' sprained ankle revealed to Rapoport on Monday that the injury is deemed to be minor, which means the Broncos tight end might not miss any time.

Yay fanatsy and bronco fans rejoice!

Tenumi

Banned
Packers are +105 point differential, 44 more than the next NFC team (Arizona). Lions are +32, roughly the same as the Texans.

Considering the low amount of points for, that's actually pretty impressive. Seriously, 26th in scoring offense, and the defense manages to hold opponents 32 points below that? Not bad.

I'm still pointing back to my post this morning. I really think the offense needs to be re-evaluated. Wish I could find stats on the short/intermediate throws.

I just woke up and I can't get over how bad the officiating was. How the hell did Bruce Arians know to challenge that so called touchback on the 1 yard line when the NFL rule book states:

The ball was only touched by the Arizona player and then Ross picked it up.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2014/11/16/7231791/breaking-down-the-call-jeremy-ross-punt-return

Also saw pics of that Larry Fitzgerald "first down". He was clearly not even close to the first down yet the refs gave it to him without a challenge which gave the Cardinals the game. At the end of the first half Eric Ebron has a first down, the refs say he didn't cross the first down, it gets reviewed and we still don't get a first down.

The referees were a joke the entire game.

Yeah, very confusing space here. Gif of the play in question.

AxCwCnT.gif

Advocates of the official's ruling are saying "If it's in possession of the kicking team then the ball is dead," and that looks like possession by that player.. Not batted back, etc, so the ball should be at the 1 yard line. HOWEVER. We all know that if that Cardinals player possessed the ball and then proceeded to fall backwards into the endzone, then that would be a touchback, not down at the 1-yard-line... As he backpedals into the endzone.

ALSO, the Cards player had a foot in the endzone prior to possessing the ball, and while he did establish himself outside of the endzone, I'm confused whether that should be a touchback or not. I forget how that is ruled.

What's also confusing is that this certainly looks like possession of the football, not just "touching" the football.

Definitely a confusing ruling that erased a huge swing in the game. Personally, I think in cases like that when the rules are ambiguous and it's something that very rarely happens, that the ruling on the field should persist.

Tom Penny

The two biggest changes to this team from the last couple of years is Ha Ha Clinton Dix adding stability and physicality to the safety position and Corey Linsley turning out to be awesome.

If writers didn't jerk off to garbage time receiver yards, Linsley would be a legitimate offensive rookie of the year candidate. He is grading out as the fourth best Packers offensive player every single week.

Other than turnovers teams with the highest differential between their defensive passer rating and their QB's passer rating basically win a shit ton of games. I believe your D coordinator looks at the same thing. Cold Hard Football facts did research and said that is the most important statistic they found throughout history in regards to winning games.

Colasante

Here an interesting piece of information. Peyton Manning plays poorly against the Rams(of all teams)and they lose. You probably will lose when your best player doesn't play very well. Makes sense right? The Brady bunch play the Colts (considered one of the best teams in football)and they win! The most telling part is that Brady, like Manning, didn't play very well and he team still came out on top. Luck played well, but nobody else on the Colts came to play.

When your team and coaching is superior, your star QB doesn't have to play at a high level. The Patriots organization continue to show that they know how to build COMPLETE teams and systems. Belichick and the rest of his staff find ways to get the best out of players with average talent. The exceptions being Gronk and Revis

I love my Colts, but I think very few players on this team believe in Grigson and Pagano. I wouldn't be surprised if Luck doesn't re-sign with us at the end of the season. Luck's in his third year and continues to hear things and comparisons to Manning, filling shoes, 2-14...He'd probably rather play for a team that has been average for the better part of ten years and have never had any GOAT discussion type of QBs.

You don't have to worry about losing Luck. He's going to be a Colt for life, unless he finds himself getting Manning'd for another young stud in fifteen years.

Both a Patriots fan and an Eric Andre fan? Bread, you're a star.

This is remarkably optimistic for a Bears fan, and hinges on the Bears -- tied for last place in their division -- winning four games against opponents who are all tied for first place in their respective divisions.

If the Bears win out, sure, they'd have a decent shot at the playoffs, as any 10 - 6 team does. But... right now, Tampa Bay at 2-8 has better playoff prospects than the Bears at 4-6 do.

eznark

Banned
Other than turnovers teams with the highest differential between their defensive passer rating and their QB's passer rating basically win a shit ton of games. I believe your D coordinator looks at the same thing. Cold Hard Football facts did research and said that is the most important statistic they found throughout history in regards to winning games.

Its like the only thing he cares about.

imRP42xvHvbkv.gif

I want to believe.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
RE DirecTV i've only had one game go out cause of weather and that was the Redskins game this year, but what was odd is that it was barely raining.

holy shit, epic.

Giants are done, someone else has to RISE UP and STOP the PATRIOT MENACE.
who has the best defensive line that has a reasonable shot of making the playoffs?

Alfred Blue ran for 156 yards yesterday vs the browns while replacing Arian Foster. Blue was a 6th round pick from LSU this year and that pick is what the Raiders gave us for Schaub.

Thanks Oakland.
yes yes, the browns were 28th in rush defense, lets not cum all over ourselves here.

Arrington has been great this year, I hope Ryan or Dennard can get better. It seems they are going with Ryan over Dennard though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I like the Bears chances too!

Of getting a decent draft pick.

The team is horribly coached on both sides of the ball. Sure, their defense is horrendous but we knew that coming into the season. Their offense being this bad though after last year is a shocker.

Top Bottom