• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 11 |OT| - The Quarterback Duel of the Decade Out of the Shadows

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Still like the Bears chances. Dallas has a tough schedule, including the Bears. The Bears hold the head to head tie breaker with San Fran should it come to that and Dallas as well should the Bears win out and make 10-6. Seattle is probably due a couple more losses playing in a tough division(Still gotta play SF and Arizona twice, plus Philly and STL) and the Bears will probably have a better conference record against them(Seattle has 2 losses at the moment, Bears 3 which it would have to remain). If the Bears can beat Detroit twice and hold off a farewell Adrien Peterson peformance(if he's back) to end the season they should be in.The NFC South is garbage. So who's left? No one...Bears are in. Just gotta beat Detroit a couple of times. Hopefully, GB's game against Detroit to end the season is worth something to them so their starters play. Arizona doing well should keep the pressure on GB to get the #1 seed. Philly too to make sure GB at least gets a bye...but since they have the h2h over Philly that might not be as important...so Arizona needs to be a game ahead or tied with GB going into the final game. Detroit is looking to me to only finish with 9 wins...with possible wins over TB and Min.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

I'm thinking 11-5 is going to be the measuring stick just for a wild card spot in the NFC.

Tom Penny

Arrington has been great this year, I hope Ryan or Dennard can get better. It seems they are going with Ryan over Dennard though.

I'm surprised. Thought Browner would eventually shit the bed with PI calls which he has had a bunch but it hasn't stung them too bad yet. I always thought Dennard is a pretty good number 2 or 3 DB by NFL standards. He obviously regressed to the point that he's an afterthought.

eznark

Banned
Mike Evans is really really good.

Which means he'll have the patented 2nd year fall off that all great Bucs offensive rookies have.

Not a direct attack against Evans, but how many of his and Benjamin's yards came when games were completely over?

Packers and Patriots are both on fucking fire right now, I can easily see them both making the conference championship games, if not the SB. Cardinals are no joke though, they may play spoiler to the Packers run. But man, hard to argue with teams that drop 40-50 point bombs on their opponents every week.

Also, nice to see the Lions in the usual form, getting their fans hopes up and tanking when the games get tough.

Doomsayer

I'm thinking 11-5 is going to be the measuring stick just for a wild card spot in the NFC.

Pretty sure you're right.

I can see a team or two being 11-5 and not making the wildcard at this point as well.

The Lions, Cowboys, Eagles, and Packers all have 7 wins and I don't see either of those teams, sans maybe the Lions, dropping 3 more games. Seattle and SF still have to play each other twice. I think the Seahawks play the Cards twice as well.

It should be a fun race for the North, East, and the two wildcard spots.

Can we contract the NFC South?

Tenumi

Banned
Packers and Patriots are both on fucking fire right now, I can easily see them both making the conference championship games, if not the SB. Cardinals are no joke though, they may play spoiler to the Packers run. But man, hard to argue with teams that drop 40-50 point bombs on their opponents every week.

Also, nice to see the Lions in the usual form, getting their fans hopes up and tanking when the games get tough.

1 game, little junior. 1 game. Let's see how the remainder season plays out before making such statements.

Also, holding the #1 seed in the NFC to a season low in points is pretty nice.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm so hyped for Packers and Patriots on November 30th that I would do pay per view for it.

We've been deprived of Rodgers vs. Brady for so long (would have been an amazing Super Bowl in 2011).

Paul Schwartz @NYPost_Schwartz · 2m2 minutes ago

Coughlin says Geoff Schwartz will be activated today.

So at least some talent infusion coming to the offensive line. I hope John Jerry gets benched. Not that it will mean much for the rest of this season and all but....

Respect

I'm surprised. Thought Browner would eventually shit the bed with PI calls which he has had a bunch but it hasn't stung them too bad yet. I always thought Dennard is a pretty good number 2 or 3 DB by NFL standards. He obviously regressed to the point that he's an afterthought.

Thought Dennard was pretty good, he's not a big guy at all, but covered well and always seemed to at least get his head around.

Wonder if it is a case of they just don't trust the guy considering his off the field issues. He was already on a short leash coming into the league, which is why he was a 7th round pick to begin with, and then the whole punching the cop stuff happened. Regardless of the circumstances, punching someone in bar won't go over well. He certainly has not displayed the greatest judgment off of the field. They may just not trust the guy to stay out of trouble and be available come playoff time.

He and Dobson have just vanished.

We're slightly better than the Raiders...

haSiQoL.gif

Ronald traded the riverboat for a tank.

Tank Commander Ron has a nice ring to it.

If writers didn't jerk off to garbage time receiver yards, Linsley would be a legitimate offensive rookie of the year candidate. He is grading out as the fourth best Packers offensive player every single week.

You're directing this at Kelvin Benjamin and I don't know why.

He's not going to win OROY

Vio-Lence

Banned
Bears fans with any glimmer of playoff hopes are mentally retarded. Hot garbage team lucky that Teddy Shitwater is the worst starting qb in the NFL.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Oh KASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Let me start by saying 9-1 Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitches! Still your NFL Overlords! Still undefeated at home and in the conference. Now 3 games ahead of both garbage Chickens and Niners for the division and now two games ahead of the Lions for the #1 seed! Woooooooooooh!

On a serious note: GG Lions-GAF you guys are classy and I'm sorry for the frustration you must feel with your offense. You guys still control your own destiny and the only games I see you losing are NE and GB so you should make the playoffs, take heart. Ignore the next bit, I'm just going to have some fun with Kas.
D
As for Kas, Kas, my homie, let's roll through some of the things you were dead wrong on

It was a good game, you guys have a solid team and at the end of the day, refs aside, you guys won and that's all that matters.

Our offensive play calling and execution was horrible. I just checked on it right now but Time of Possesion was just about even at 30 minutes apiece but you guys had a much better 3rd down conversion rate. Like I said though, good game and you guys are 1st in the NFC at 9-1, but we're still second place.

PrideofDetroit.com basically echoes my opinion on the game with 3 points:

1.) The play-calling and execution on offense simply aren't good enough

2.) Lions fans: The sky isn't falling

3.) NFL officiating needs a complete overhaul

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2014/11/17/7190311/lions-cardinals-2014-takeaways

PoD is usually fair and spot on with there analysis. A good article on the game.

brentech

hrm, Old Wisconsin Turkey sausage snack slices.....pretty good

my wife has been on this kick of buying these tiny gopicnic snack meals for when we just want something small. some of them are terrible, but this one is pretty legit.

its the adult lunchable

Draxal

Jesus Fucking Hell Christ

B2qR2x3CMAAjvbj.png:large

Charles Brown and John Jerry, RT/RG: combined -15.0

Breakdown: When Justin Pugh was forced out of the game due to a quad injury, the Giants inserted Brown at right tackle the 49ers attacked him and right guard John Jerry all day long. Between them they allowed 18 total pressures as the 49ers managed to get consistent pressure on Eli Manning.

Signature Stat: Brown had the worst Pass Blocking Efficiency among offensive tackles who played at least 10 snaps (82.1). Jerry had the worst among guards, 86.2.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/bl...um=rss&utm_campaign=refo-49ers-giants-week-11

Helps when playing against those two. Jerry Reese's recent track record of handling the offensive line has been horrid.

Wait, the J-Hey kid got moved to the Cardinals?

(Yes, we're going to talk baseball for a minute, you heathens could use some more culture)

I remember when Braves fans were frantically sucking him off at every opportunity

eznark

Banned
You're directing this at Kelvin Benjamin and I don't know why.

He's not going to win OROY

It's someone new every week. At the start of the year it was Benjamin, then Odell Beckham, now Evans.

Beat writers couldn't pick out a good center from a bad center if their life depended on it.

With one NFC team (ATL or New Orleans) possibly having a losing record. ATL is basically cooked, they play all playoff competing teams between now and the end of the year, with only Carolina as an outsider... Although they almost lost to Carolina yesterday.

New Orleans could very well lose their next two games against Pittsburgh and the Ravens, and then they'd have to win out to go 8 - 8, although winning out at 4 - 8 is likely, given that they have a soft schedule (Panthers, Bears, Falcons, Bucs).

What's pretty wild about the NFC is that the Tampa Bay Bucs (2-8) have a higher likelihood of hosting a home playoff game than the Super Bowl winning Seattle Seahawks (6-4).

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Bears fans with any glimmer of playoff hopes are mentally retarded. Hot garbage team lucky that Teddy Shitwater is the worst starting qb in the NFL.

I'm not one to defend the Vikings, buts its way to early to start shitting on Teddy Bear. Right when I saw Geno Smith play last year I knew he wouldn't make it in the NFL, but we have seen glimpses of Teddy being a solid pocket passing QB in the preseason and in some games.

Way to early to judge Bridgewater and I think he deserves another year to see what he can do. At worst he looks like a solid backup. The guy is still a rookie though and needs time to develop.

On a non related football note I just had Burek at this Macedonian joint called Dragos. I've always loved this place whenever I visited family.

This time however they had Albanian advertisements for a concert at a Macedonian place.

*tear drops from eye*

Maybe we can finally get over our differences.

For reference here is a Key and Peele sketch on the issue:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t3ZHebCyMbM

eznark

Banned
Did anyone listen to Revolutions post game presser? What was the thinking on the defensive side of the ball? They were clearly selling out on stopping the run. Did they think they were playing the Badgers? Just a baffling game plan.

If the Week 12 thread title isn't about Josh Gordon I'm going to very extremely disappointed.
NFL Week 12: Josh Gordon Returns to Cleveland and the Browns Return to Earth

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Fine. I'll leave you alone, since that is the most American thing I've ever heard you say.

Godslay, we will do our part and take care of the Patriots this weekend.

When Palmer got hurt I said I would rather play him than Stanton just because of the fact Stanton is mobile.

Congrats on dropping 42 on the 24th ranked vaunted Colts defense, Brady. Suh and the boys are coming to town this week.

1376923303000-SW05-SUHndamukong-15.jpg

Restore the Roar 2014.

Colasante

When Palmer got hurt I said I would rather play him than Stanton just because of the fact Stanton is mobile.

Congrats on dropping 42 on the 24th ranked vaunted Colts defense, Brady. Suh and the boys are coming to town this week.

Restore the Roar 2014.

Patriots dropped 37 points on the Bills when they were the NFL's #1 defense and 43 on the Bengals when they were the NFL's #1 defense. We will see if the Lions can do more to protect that title.

Greg

Did anyone listen to Revolutions post game presser? What was the thinking on the defensive side of the ball? They were clearly selling out on stopping the run. Did they think they were playing the Badgers? Just a baffling game plan.

NFL Week 12: Josh Gordon Returns to Cleveland and the Browns Return to Earth
laughed at Rodgers' presser when the guy asked if he's still surprised when teams try to play one high on him

looked like he was about to crack up when he "every now and then"

Tom Penny

Restore the Roar 2014.

Good Job Good Effort

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Week 12: Nobody Escapes Cleveland

The OP is just this picture repeated with different people in their place each time

B2l5wBpCUAAioRB.jpg

See this is why nobody really wants Kas to do an OP. The OP should be collective shitting on the horrible teams, not fluffing the good teams (or perceived good teams aka frauds). Not everybody gives a shit about who is playing well but we can all appreciate a good laugh at the failures of the league.

Top Bottom