• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 11 |OT| - The Quarterback Duel of the Decade Out of the Shadows

eznark

Banned
laughed at Rodgers' presser when the guy asked if he's still surprised when teams try to play one high on him

looked like he was about to crack up when he "every now and then"

He mentioned it a few times, it was pretty funny. I think he said "you gotta mix it up" four or five times. Clearly shitting on Revolution.

Godgers said:
"They thought their guys could lock down the outside with man 1 high, we...we loved that matchup"

giphy.gif

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
It's really scary that the Pats are the best team in the NFL right now and the Giants are nowhere near the playoffs. We may be in for a shitty offseason.

jbug617

Banned
Gruden going in on RG3

@MikeJonesWaPo: Gruden: Griffin "had some fundamental flaws...From his basic performance, critiquing Robert, it was not even close" to where it needs to be"

@MikeJonesWaPo: Gruden: "Robert needs to worry about himself.... I'll worry about everybody else. ... He elaborated too much"

@MikeJonesWaPo: Gruden on Griffin's aspirations: "some times you don't need great. You don't need elite on every play."

@MikeJonesWaPo: Gruden: RGIII overthrows: "those were big plays...Big difference in the game: Josh McCown hit his 3 w Mike Evans. We missed DeSean 3 times"

Did anyone listen to Revolutions post game presser? What was the thinking on the defensive side of the ball? They were clearly selling out on stopping the run. Did they think they were playing the Badgers? Just a baffling game plan.

NFL Week 12: Josh Gordon Returns to Cleveland and the Browns Return to Earth

Chip has zero input into the defense. Billy Davis does all that on his own. Chip doesnt even sit in on the defensive meetings, so he has nothing to do with the gameplan. Also after the first 2 drives the Eagles started just rushing 4 and dropping 7 into coverage, they were not selling out to stop the run at all. Billy Davis' defensive philosphy is to stop the run at all costs though, he has said several times that the key to winning is to stop the other team from running.

Sanjuro

Godslay, we will do our part and take care of the Patriots this weekend.

When Palmer got hurt I said I would rather play him than Stanton just because of the fact Stanton is mobile.

Congrats on dropping 42 on the 24th ranked vaunted Colts defense, Brady. Suh and the boys are coming to town this week.

1376923303000-SW05-SUHndamukong-15.jpg

Restore the Roar 2014.

The worst thing about this post is we'll never see those glorious Patriots uniforms for the time being.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The Patriots average like 32 points a game this season. The Lions haven't scored 30 points once this season.

It has to happen inevitably, especially given the talent we have on offense. This is the weekend it happens. Our play calling absolutely needs to be adjusted one way or another though. It's nice to have a defense that keeps games close though.

After the Patriots the schedule is relatively easy until we go to Green Bay on Week 17.

eznark

Banned
Chip has zero input into the defense. Billy Davis does all that on his own. Chip doesnt even sit in on the defensive meetings, so he has nothing to do with the gameplan. Also after the first 2 drives the Eagles started just rushing 4 and dropping 7 into coverage, they were not selling out to stop the run at all. Billy Davis' defensive philosphy is to stop the run at all costs though, he has said several times that the key to winning is to stop the other team from running.

Plausible deniability. Smart.

The problem with the Eagles rushing 4 and dropping 7 is that they still lined up on the ball. They had 10 men within 5 yards of the line on probably 75% of plays. Packers just flat ran around them. By the second quarter it was legitimately embarrassing and I Was feeling bad for that secondary. Davis simply had no fucking clue.

It was a piss poor scheme. Just piss fucking poor. There is no team in the league that would have been successful against GB with the game he called.

Zeke

Jesus gruden really has it out for RG3. You would think RG3 fucked his wife or something. Griffin needs to get the Fuck out of dc asap. I bet chip could do wonders for him seems like the kind of offense he can thrive in.

MechDX

"I'm sure he was already watching their tape on the way back home from Cleveland." O'Brien on Mallett getting ready for Cincinnati. #Texans

Thatsmyqb.gif

Sanjuro

Jesus gruden really has it out for RG3. You would think RG3 fucked his wife or something. Griffin needs to get the Fuck out of dc asap. I bet chip could do wonders for him seems like the kind of offense he can thrive in.

Deal. RG3 to the Cowboys would be an amazing watch.

Striker

Ralph Vacchiano þ@RVacchianoNYDN

Coughlin would not say where Schwartz will fit in to the offensive line upon his return
If they want to move over Richburg, whatever, but they cannot keep John Jerry on the field. He has been completely useless. Also Pugh struggled dealing with his injury on his elbow, but when he left it got way worse with Charles Brown. I can't believe how bad Reese has this OL in its state. Signing fringe players like Brown, Jerry, and to an extent Walton. What the hell were they thinking?!

Plausible deniability. Smart.

The problem with the Eagles rushing 4 and dropping 7 is that they still lined up on the ball. They had 10 men within 5 yards of the line on probably 75% of plays. Packers just flat ran around them. By the second quarter it was legitimately embarrassing and I Was feeling bad for that secondary. Davis simply had no fucking clue.

It was a piss poor scheme. Just piss fucking poor. There is no team in the league that would have been successful against GB with the game he called.

It's really sort of mystifying how bad his game plan was for GB this week. He's been planning pretty good games almost the entirety of the rest of the season. I'm having a hard time deciding whether the defense or offense shit the bed worse.

If they want to move over Richburg, whatever, but they cannot keep John Jerry on the field. He has been completely useless. Also Pugh struggled dealing with his injury on his elbow, but when he left it got way worse with Charles Brown. I can't believe how bad Reese has this OL in its state. Signing fringe players like Brown, Jerry, and to an extent Walton. What the hell were they thinking?!
Walton is the only WTF signing of the bunch. At the time they were of the thinking that Snee would be able to make a play at RG. It just didn't happen. Brown/Jerry were there as purely depth and I would imagine the hope was that neither would ever see the field ouside of spot duty at best.

Snee retires, Geoff Schartz gone due to injury for the first 9 games of the season....yeah.

Certainly poor planning but both had starting experience and you'd hope its better depth than Brewer/Mosely.

The reality is that the front office is still trying to patchwork together a serviceable offensive line in the midst of rebuilding it. I do think folks need to take a deep breath in so far as feeling as though Reese is blatantly ignoring the line. We have evidence to the contrary. The left tackle is a second round pick and is signed long term - oh and he's having a very good year after a disastrous 2013 campaign. The right tackle is a first round pick. The current LG is a second round pick paying out of position due to necessity right now.

That's three high picks on the offensive line in the last few years. Free agency? One of the first targets that fans wanted was Geoff Schwartz. We got him. He's injured.

Reese is guilty of riding those veterans for too long but Rome wasn't built in a day. We get a nasty Chris Snee type of guard in this next draft and I think we have a pretty damn decent line to work with and build depth on.

Top Bottom