• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 11 |OT| - The Quarterback Duel of the Decade Out of the Shadows

brentech

Yea, I'm still surprised by that GB game. If the offense could have gotten out of its way, GB would have had a good shot. But the Lions deserve credit for really dominating the trenches and not giving Godgers time to hurt them. In fact even when he had time our secondary made plays.

I agree Lambeau will be ugly. My hope is that it doesn't matter: if we have a better record we'll win the division, and if not I hope we'll have a wildcard locked up. That's why this upcoming Cardinals game is the biggest of the season IMO. We HAVE to have that wildcard escape hatch available because the Packers are beasting right now and have an easy schedule compared to us.
It will be interesting to see what the teams decide to to if the game somehow manages to have no playoff seed impact.
Still so much that can happen 7 games out.

It's been a bit of both. They definitely blitz a ton, but they have been able to generate a lot of pressure with just their front 4 this year. Especially over the past several weeks. They are second in the league with 34 sacks and the majority of them have come from their linemen and OLBs: Barwin has 10.5 sacks, Vinny Curry has 5, while Brandon Graham and Trent Cole have 4.5 each.

It'll be interesting to see how Billy Davis attacks Rodgers. He's on fire right now and will be tough to slow down, but I think our defense is also playing really well, so it should be a good matchup.

Yeah I would definitely say they are getting a lot of pressure with and without blitzing. All of the DE/DT squad have been playing like beasts. Fletcher Cox especially. Their two gap play is really good. I think they have had a very good amount of pressure from a four man rush all season. I know through the first five games they got the majority of their sacks on four man rushes, but I haven't paid attention to what pass rush has been most successful since.

Milchjon

If I wasn't so damn tired right now I would go find all those "Tom is done!" posts from the week one OT and post them here.

To be fair, some parts of his game have deteriorated.

Guy who tweeted the chart used it to make a point about his increased mobility.

bionic77

B2LFIenCcAAVUUm.jpg
That brace for his arm looks exactly like the one I have for my knee.

And I wouldn't be surprised if his arm is bigger than my leg too.

Just out of curiosity how much HGH and steroids do you have to take to get that big?

Bowser

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 53s53 seconds ago
The Broncos brought in Richie Incognito for a workout and visit. Denver is 26th in NFL in rushing and Sunday shuffled their line

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 17s17 seconds ago
Denver is doing their full diligence on Incognito but Broncos coaches already know him from coaching him in Pro Bowl

eznark

Banned
It will be interesting to see what the teams decide to to if the game somehow manages to have no playoff seed impact.
Still so much that can happen 7 games out.

Given the number of teams still in the legitimate hunt, and given that the NFC South will steal a spot, I find it real difficult to see a scenario where that game has no impact.

The Broncos brought in Richie Incognito for a workout and visit. Denver is 26th in NFL in rushing and Sunday shuffled their line

Denver is doing their full diligence on Incognito but Broncos coaches already know him from coaching him in Pro Bowl

:jnc

andthebeatgoeson

About time someone picked up Incognito. Yes, a douche but I would say, not much more of a douche than many others.

Eagles got 5 TOs from Carolina and still -5 on takeaways:giveaways. We is our own worst enemy. I get shook everytime Huff touches the ball.

MechDX

In all seriousness Mallett is in his best chance of success, even if he stayed in NE. He has two good WR's in Dre and Hopkins, a good running game with Foster and Blue, an All Pro LT in Brown to watch his blindside and a bend but don't break defense that leads the league in turnovers.

He has a familiarity with the offense and is comfortable with both O'Brien and Godsey, QB's coach. Its not like some of the rookies, Bortles as an example, who are thrown to the wolves with no weapons around him. I can see a McCown type situation fro last year happening here. Except Mallett doesn't have to worry about some starter who is out due to injury. Fitz has a two year contract that was only guaranteed this year,

His chance of success is greater than his chances of failing even if not by much

Why.

Bowser

Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington 4m4 minutes ago
Richie Incognito is currently still in meetings with the Broncos today. A signing is not imminent — but “it’s going great so far,” I’m told.

Fox318

Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington 4m4 minutes ago
Richie Incognito is currently still in meetings with the Broncos today. A signing is not imminent — but “it’s going great so far,” I’m told.

Will shit down your throat be a papa johns pizza?

Jordan Matthews has more targets, receptions, and touchdowns than DeSean Jackson. Man, imagine if the Eagles had Maclin, Matthews, and DeSean Jackson. Would have been unreal.

effzee

Jordan Matthews has more targets, receptions, and touchdowns than DeSean Jackson. Man, imagine if the Eagles had Maclin, Matthews, and DeSean Jackson. Would have been unreal.

And imagine if they didn't draft a complete bust in the first round. Someone who could contribute right about now.

Imagine if we didn't move back but maybe moved up to get a guy like Mosley or Fuller.

Or imagine if they didn't so much money to Cooper.

cdyhybrid

Go Hawks

BUF @ MIA

HOU @ CLE
ATL @ CAR
MIN @ CHI
CIN @ NO
DEN @ STL
SEA @ KC
SF @ NYG
TB @ WAS

OAK @ SD
DET @ ARI
PHI @ GB

NE @ IND

PIT @ TEN

And imagine if they didn't draft a complete bust in the first round. Someone who could contribute right about now.

Imagine if we didn't move back but maybe moved up to get a guy like Mosley or Fuller.

Or imagine if they didn't so much money to Cooper.

I'm not ready to write of Smith as a bust yet, but yeah, he certainly isn't contributing now. I still think moving back was a good move on their part. But yeah, Cooper is over paid. I actually think they should make Matthews the No. 2 and Huff the slot receiver and bench Cooper.

Bowser

BUF @ MIA

HOU @ CLE
ATL @ CAR
MIN @ CHI
CIN @ NO
DEN @ STL
SEA @ KC
SF @ NYG
TB @ WAS

OAK @ SD
DET @ ARI
PHI @ GB

NE @ IND

PIT @ TEN

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
In all seriousness Mallett is in his best chance of success, even if he stayed in NE. He has two good WR's in Dre and Hopkins, a good running game with Foster and Blue, an All Pro LT in Brown to watch his blindside and a bend but don't break defense that leads the league in turnovers.
are we watching the same team?

Andre johnson has checked out.
"all pro" left tackle duane brown is having his worst year since his rookie year, including a horrible false start on 4th and 1. Foster will get hurt again, a week off for a groin injury in cold weather? He either doesnt play or gets hurt again during the game, I would bet money on it. Blue sucks, hes getting barely 3 yards per carry. I was going to go in on the defense comment, but apparently the points per game doesnt back me up on that. Which is saying something about the rest of the league, cause this defense is bad.

Tom Penny

He has a familiarity with the offense and is comfortable with both O'Brien and Godsey, QB's coach. Its not like some of the rookies, Bortles as an example, who are thrown to the wolves with no weapons around him. I can see a McCown type situation fro last year happening here. Except Mallett doesn't have to worry about some starter who is out due to injury. Fitz has a two year contract that was only guaranteed this year,

His chance of success is greater than his chances of failing even if not by much

Don't get your hopes up. He's not the next Sanchez and couldn't even take Brady's job.

It's probably because I haven't watched a whole lot of football this past week, and that both teams were on bye, but I don't have a good handle on Pats-Colts. It screams shootout, but while both the offense and defense have been great, this is where I think McDaniels starts to over game plan and puts in fancy shit for the sake of being flashy. I think the Colts D will step up too, as bad as they are against TEs.

Tamanon

Banned
It's probably because I haven't watched a whole lot of football this past week, and that both teams were on bye, but I don't have a good handle on Pats-Colts. It screams shootout, but while both the offense and defense have been great, this is where I think McDaniels starts to over game plan and puts in fancy shit for the sake of being flashy. I think the Colts D will step up too, as bad as they are against TEs.

I'm thinking the Pats win handily.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Larry Warford, our Probowl RG will be out for a couple of weeks. LaAdrian Waddle our starting RT also got hurt in the Dolphins game.

I wouldn't mind bringing in Incognito for a workout. Travis Swanson our rookie 3rd round pick was solid but all these injuries on our line has me worried.

Alright, I'm in.

iOoBszfdhXzv5.jpg

Dragon Age and possibly Far Cry 4 and I think I'm done for the year as far as big retail releases is concerned.

Bowser

More huge NFC West injury news: Source tells @FOXSports1 Seahawks DT Brandon Mebane is done for the year with a torn hamstring. Wow.

Remember when I said the Dolphins secondary lacks quality depth?

"Jamar Taylor was picked on when he came in to replace Finnegan, allowing 6-of-7 passes to be completed for 62 yards. Golden Tate especially embarrassed the second-year CB, catching all five targets for 57 yards against him, with some first down conversions later in the game."

Never thought I'd say this but they really missed Innegan in the fourth quarter of that game.

Respect

17-14 confirmed...turnovers everywhere.

Top Bottom