• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 11 |OT| - The Quarterback Duel of the Decade Out of the Shadows

cajunator

Banned
ionFZ05GU1Ss.png

But not the team that....beat them?

It's construction. I work outside and inside but I've been used to Los Angeles weather my whole life so this is all new to me.

This past January I remember bitching about it being 55 degrees one morning when we started around 7 AM. Little did I know how much worse it could get.
I worked outside with a crew yesterday and it was 23 degrees and cloudy. That was the high, by the way. They also worked until about 7:30 PM. You dudes need to man up!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So many construction people here.

I work in the industry but on the administrative side. Next year I'm thinking about learning more about the construction side and taking some courses (covered by work).

RBH

Being in the operating room is pretty fun.

Not sure that surgery will be what I ultimately go into due to the lifestyle, but it feels rewarding after you've closed up a patient.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Being in the operating room is pretty fun.

Not sure that surgery will be what I ultimately go into due to the lifestyle, but it feels rewarding after you've closed up a patient.

This explains how you're able to resuscitate life back into your charred penis.

It's construction. I work outside and inside but I've been used to Los Angeles weather my whole life so this is all new to me.

This past January I remember bitching about it being 55 degrees one morning when we started around 7 AM. Little did I know how much worse it could get.
Uhh you know construction workers work in those conditions all the time right? It's not going to get any warmer.

Speaking of which I'm glad I finished bagging leaves last weekend, when it was about 50 and sunny outside. It snowed yesterday and it's pretty clear we won't see a decent day of weather again this year. Welcome to Michigan, Gata.

I had a guy from Colorado in the store today who is a Broncos fan.

We agreed that Tom Brady was the best QB of all time.

He also bought a 5k screen iMac, always nice to meet sensible people.

Bread

Banned

it warms my heart to know that there are such great people out there

do you make a cut from sales? that thing must have been $2k

Uhh you know construction workers work in those conditions all the time right? It's not going to get any warmer.

Speaking of which I'm glad I finished bagging leaves last weekend, when it was about 50 and sunny outside. It snowed yesterday and it's pretty clear we won't see a decent day of weather again this year. Welcome to Michigan, Gata.
Fuck that shit, I'm headed south for the winter.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

It all depends on what trade you're in though. I was ready to go like Matthew Stafford in 2 minute drill in the 4th quarter to win the game but we can't do anything. It costs the company more to pay, hotel plus food than to go back to Michigan and the gas that costs.

On the plus side I'll be able to watch the Lions tomorrow.

Slo

Weak sauce. My old man worked construction in Minnesota winters. Layer up, sissy man.

Godslay

Banned

I'm gonna need to see the receipts on all of this. Doesn't check out.

30 degrees isn't bad. Once you dip below 20 and add some wind. Then it gets rough.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I looked it up so 55F is about 12C. Kas stay in Cali man, I'm sure Detroit and anywhere in northern America works like we do up here.

12C is ridiculously good weather for construction. Hell guys were doing their work still this week outside my window and the weather was about 39F or so.

Zeke

I didn't there were this many construction workers here. I did it for a few years one of the best jobs I've ever had. Everyone's right you need to nut up kas. We worked rain or shine, hot as balls or freezing cold. I miss it :(

I'm gonna need to see the receipts on all of this. Doesn't check out.

30 degrees isn't bad. Once you dip below 20 and add some wind. Then it gets rough.

He asked me where I was from, so I explained about my dad being from Boston and the first thing he said was

"Oh, god..."

Good news is that Miami still has a chance to win the division, even more so if Pats lose to the Colts. :-D

We know we can beat the pats so if we manage to beat the jets twice (which we should), Minny (which we should) and hopefully balt (which will be a good match up) then drop to den (Because lets be honest...it's hard to see us win that one) we should take the division if the pats manage to lose one more (and we beat them)

but I see us dropping one to the jets, loss to Den and probably pats too, so 9-7 or 10-6 is best case scenario and hopefully a wild card spot.

Godslay

Banned
He asked me where I was from, so I explained about my dad being from Boston and the first thing he said was

"Oh, god..."

'Tom Brady's the best kid, now just sell me the monitor!'

or

He was just a unicorn. Kind of like the guy I saw at a Broncos v. Chiefs game wearing a Chiefs hat and a Broncos jersey. That had to be the best worst game of that guys life.

Top Bottom