• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 12 |OT| - Matt Stafford vs. the World

the cars they put you in at the beginning are awful and have no weight to them, but there were a few trucks and bigger vehicles I've been in since then that felt right, and the sports bikes are fun

the controls in general are shit though because of the dead zone... I don't know why there isn't an option to tweak it

I tried a big muscle car and it felt a lot better. I'm just confused as to why it feels so differently compared to the last-gen version. I loved the Tesla like car in the old version, but it's undriveable in this one. So weird.

I hope they release a patch to let you alter the controls

MechDX

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora · 14m14 minutes ago
Ben tate was the only player claimed on waivers today. Blount and Avant were not indicated as claimed on the waiver wire

Greg

I tried a big muscle car and it felt a lot better. I'm just confused as to why it feels so differently compared to the last-gen version. I loved the Tesla like car in the old version, but it's undriveable in this one. So weird.

I hope they release a patch to let you alter the controls
I never played it on PS3, but I prefer the GTA4 driving model (which I guess people bitched about, even though I thought that was the best thing about that awful game)

all that Driveclub has ruined driving for me in other games

San Andreas >= V >> VC >>>>>>>>>> IV >> 3

This.

Although IV could be a bit closer to VC.

I never played it on PS3, but I prefer the GTA4 driving model (which I guess people bitched about, even though I thought that was the best thing about that awful game)

all that Driveclub has ruined driving for me in other games

I liked the IV driving model as well, the heavy "realistic" driving was a lot of fun. The V felt a little more Arcady but still good on the last-gen. This one just feels super fake.

4 is the worst by far

let's name other worsts in a series that were 4:

MGS4
RE4

HereWeGoJoker.gif

4 is the worst by far

let's name other worsts in a series that were 4:

MGS4
RE4

brett-favre-4.jpg

Milchjon

smh

VC is the best

It's really really hard to go back to VC after playing any of the ones that came after it. SA on the other hand is just superb even ten years later.

Edit: I mean, the soundtrack is obviously the best. It's probably the best soundtrack of anything ever. But the world and gameplay is just so limited.

Bread

Banned
It's really really hard to go back to VC after playing any of the ones that came after it. SA on the other hand is just superb even ten years later.
Lots of great games age terribly, that doesn't make them any less great! VC is the pinnacle of the series.

Tom Penny

Vice City was awesome because it actually had the Clevlander in it which brings back memories of trips to go see Pats vs Miami drugs, alcohol and hot mamacitas in South Beach.

Greg

I'll call 3 the worst because that was the beginning of the end

vehicles and huge maps? go fuck yourself, Zipper

Malalaw

I am disappointed with what Socom became. I played 2 in high school religiously and was in the top 1000 players. Desert Glory and Crossroads man.

Now I'm thinking back on it and its hitting me right in the feels.

Greg

I am disappointed with what Socom became. I played 2 in high school religiously and was in the top 1000 players. Desert Glory and Crossroads man.

Crossroads was definitely my favorite

the map design in general in that game was incredible though

zychi

Banned

did-we-just-become-best-friends-yep.gif

The closest I've ever come to re-creating that magic was COD4's 3rd person mode Hardcore Search and Destroy.

SOOOOOOO many hours spent on Socom 1+2

Malalaw

did-we-just-become-best-friends-yep.gif

The closest I've ever come to re-creating that magic was COD4's 3rd person mode Hardcore Search and Destroy.

SOOOOOOO many hours spent on Socom 1+2

Do you want to go do karate in the garage?

Socom 2 had it all. I wish they would bring it back :(

lol at the same dude who made the "Has 343 redeemed themselves with Halo:MCC?" two weeks ago making a "Has 343 done irreparable damage to the Halo name?" thread today.

Gamers are fickle

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
If #Browns Josh Gordon violates the new drug policy again, he will banned indefinitely, can apply to get back in after a year.

But under terms of the NFL's new drug policy, Gordon can have his slate wiped clean after a year of good behavior -- no strikes against him

SA > Vice City

Vice City got all that 80s vibe but is super boring to drive around.

But I'm done with the franchise unless the main character in GTA 6 is a disabled, transgender polyamorous queer gray-asexual anti-capitalist.

eznark

Banned
SA > Vice City

But I'm done with the franchise unless the main character in GTA 6 is a disabled, transgender polyamorous queer gray-asexual anti-capitalist.

No one is putting you in a game bucket. All the rest is fine but you are also a ginger.

jakncoke

Banned
SA > Vice City

Agreed. If they made a Vice City 2 with the 80s coke vibe and had a good sized map that felt alive. Id be intrigued .

Top Bottom