• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 12 |OT| - Matt Stafford vs. the World

Respect

Around The NFL ‏@AroundTheNFL 18m18 minutes ago
Slicing this thin but … Matthew Stafford is 0-15 on the road vs. teams that finish with winning records.

This game makes me uneasy simply because DET has a good front 7 and Megatron is a big play waiting to happen every down. NE is certainly better at defending the big play than they have been in recent history, but they are still susceptible.

Add in everyone keeps picking NE and all of this info keeps dropping that the lions should lose...it should make me feel better, but it just makes me more nervous.

I don't think NE is going to win their next 2 games, but they need to win at least one.

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN 27m27 minutes ago
Eli Manning on Tiki Barber saying Tom Coughlin should be fired: "That's nice of him. It's good to hear from old Tiki."

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN 11m11 minutes ago
Is it distracting when a former player calls for a coach to be fired? Said Eli Manning: "I think it depends on your opinion of that player."

:jnc

Tom Penny

This game makes me uneasy simply because DET has a good front 7 and Megatron is a big play waiting to happen every down. NE is certainly better at defending the big play than they have been in recent history, but they are still susceptible.

Add in everyone keeps picking NE and all of this info keeps dropping that the lions should lose...it should make me feel better, but it just makes me more nervous.

I don't think NE is going to win their next 2 games, but they need to win at least one.

The game will be close. Their type of defense is the style that has always given them trouble and I suspect they will throw 80% of the time..

So how many Super Bowl wins does a coach need before people in the media think he shouldn't be fired?
The calls for Coughlin to be fired have been pretty muted actually. It's just Tiki being Tiki. Still bitter as fuck about his time with Coughlin and there's no love lost between he and Eli either as you can tell.

Tiki should have been the type of player Giants fans celebrate today. He was incredible when he got his shit together fumbling wise (under Coughlin ironically). It's too bad he transformed into such an unlikeable douchebag. He got massively booed during his induction into the Giants ring of honor a few years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJT1COFdK94

Damn. This is the Eli Manning equivalent of recording a diss track.

iCcW2sRs45wT3.gif

Despite confusion, Lions-Cardinals punt coverage call was correct

PFT said:
The potentially game-changing decision to wipe out a fourth-quarter punt return from Jeremy Ross of the Lions has created plenty of confusion. Ultimately, however, the officials applied the rules correctly after Cardinals defensive back Justin Bethel grabbed the ball at the goal line and threw it back into the field of play.

The issue came up last year in a game between the Titans and Texans. A Houston player recovered the punt at the goal line, toe-tapped, and threw the ball back to the field of play. At that point, the ball was dead.

“Think of a catch — control, two feet, have it long enough to do something with it,” NFL V.P. of officiating Dean Blandino said in a video explaining the play last year.

That’s precisely what happened on Sunday. Bethel acquired possession of the ball, had two feet down, and kept the ball for long enough to do something with it; specifically, to throw the field back into the field of play.

While the league believes it was the right call (and based on the rules it apparently was), it all seems a little odd because Bethel had the ball for only the blink of an eye. But that’s ultimately enough to demonstrate possession, because it’s long enough to get the ball, to get the feet down, and to get rid of it.

image.php

Draxal

The calls for Coughlin to be fired have been pretty muted actually. It's just Tiki being Tiki. Still bitter as fuck about his time with Coughlin and there's no love lost between he and Eli either as you can tell.

Tiki should have been the type of player Giants fans celebrate today. He was incredible when he got his shit together fumbling wise (under Coughlin ironically). It's too bad he transformed into such an unlikeable douchebag. He got massively booed during his induction into the Giants ring of honor a few years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJT1COFdK94

Yeah, there's two big bandwagons right now (Reese/Eli) I'm on the blame Reese bandwagon; and off the blame Eli bandwagon(although more performances like Sunday and you might find me there). But if you get rid of Reese you also to have get rid of Coughlin so it's a moot point.

Respect

The game will be close. Their type of defense is the style that has always given them trouble and I suspect they will throw 80% of the time..

Exactly, even if DET's front 4 aren't busting through consistently, DET will be able to contain the short passing game.

This will probably be a game the defense is going to have to win, and they will do everything they can to not let Megatron beat them, Tate could potentially have a field day...will be interesting.

Exactly, even if DET's front 4 aren't busting through consistently, DET will be able to contain the short passing game.

This will probably be a game the defense is going to have to win, and they will do everything they can to not let Megatron beat them, Tate could potentially have a field day...will be interesting.

It should be a good game, to be sure. That Lions defense is scary good, and will keep the pressure on all game.

I just can't bet against Lord Brady, and his master Emperor Belichick.

Forbiden

This is how I feel essentially every week. Whenever everyone expects this team to win and the all the odds and stats are on their side, they lay an egg.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the game. It's a home game and they don't usually lose those, and the defense has shown they can play. It comes down to how much help brady and the offense are going to give them.

Which of you bros have Xbone again? I finally got mine last night and have MCC, Ass Creed Unity and Ass Creed Blackflag or whatever it's called. If you play Halo MP or want to play Ass Creed Unity Co-op at some point, PM me your gamertag.

Also, what the fuck does following someone on XBL do versus adding them as a friend? I think Yankee and another GAF guy are following me but I don't think they are fully added as friends and I do in fact have two more followers than friends. Did you maybe send me a FR but I didn't accept? I didn't see any notifications concerning friend requests.

Which of you bros have Xbone again? I finally got mine last night and have MCC, Ass Creed Unity and Ass Creed Blackflag or whatever it's called. If you play Halo MP or want to play Ass Creed Unity Co-op at some point, PM me your gamertag.

Also, what the fuck does following someone on XBL do versus adding them as a friend? I think Yankee and another GAF guy are following me but I don't think they are fully added as friends and I do in fact have two more followers than friends. Did you maybe send me a FR but I didn't accept? I didn't see any notifications concerning friend requests.

There's no friends requests any more, it's a bit like Twitter in that you can follow someone and their stuff will appear in your activity feed but you're not friends unless they follow you back.

There's no friends requests any more, it's a bit like Twitter in that you can follow someone and their stuff will appear in your activity feed but you're not friends unless they follow you back.

That's goofy but ok, thanks for explaining. So I just have to follow Yankee back and we'll be friends, simple enough. So all the people that are on as my friends must have been on the list prior to this change but Yankee sent the request after.

As for the return call in the game against the Lions, it's pretty fucking clear cut and the right call was made. I don't know why there's so much controversy around it, I guess because it hasn't been seen many times and I imagine that was a heavy blow to Lions fans. I left it alone when address Kas, there was enough to throw back in his face. Suh who? Fatford TD-less, etc. etc.

In my opinion it is still a ridiculous ruling to think the play is dead when he throws the ball away. What logic would the ruling be if he didn't throw it and fell back into endzone? Then it's a touchback? Silliness all sorts of ways.

I try!

It's because 99.9 percent of the time, it makes complete sense for the play to stop dead once the kicking team posses' the ball, the receiving team obviously can't return it at that point. The positioning and the circumstance of Bethel is what makes it look more silly here but the rule is clear cut and dry.

Yeah, there's two big bandwagons right now (Reese/Eli) I'm on the blame Reese bandwagon; and off the blame Eli bandwagon(although more performances like Sunday and you might find me there). But if you get rid of Reese you also to have get rid of Coughlin so it's a moot point.
I don't see Reese going anywhere. Giants don't fire their GM's. I still believe that Mara will show patience here and keep Coughlin, too. I understand why people view him as a big candidate on the hot seat but John Mara is not an idiot and certainly understands the state of the roster on his team.

I think we'll see Marc Ross and the rest of the personnel group take a brunt of the repercussions. No way in hell is Fewell the defensive coordinator next year either. I'd say the same of Tom Quinn but....:JNC!!

I even know your real name! Since I accidentally sent you a RN request when we added each other on PSN haha
:D I don't mind. Just about everyone on my friends list has their real names attached. Only a few of the NFL-GAF folks I have on my list don't. I've got nothing to hide.:) I just don't play online a great deal outside of select games like Destiny.

Respect

This is how I feel essentially every week. Whenever everyone expects this team to win and the all the odds and stats are on their side, they lay an egg.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the game. It's a home game and they don't usually lose those, and the defense has shown they can play. It comes down to how much help brady and the offense are going to give them.

Yeah, I usually get nerved up about most of their games, that is nothing new...most memorable "game they should have won" for me was the first year they had Dillon, they were 12-1 I think, going up against MIA on the road and MIA was something like 3-10. MIA had already fired their head coach and were on an interim coach - NE lost to AJ fucking feely 29-28.

:D I don't mind. Just about everyone on my friends list has their real names attached. Only a few of the NFL-GAF folks I have on my list don't. I've got nothing to hide.:) I just don't play online a great deal outside of select games like Destiny.

But you'll see my name and wonder who the fuck is this guy? j/k I know they have the gamertag just below it. I don't think I've ever seen you playing Destiny, did you get it for PS4? Speaking of which, every time I've ever seen EZ on, he's just sitting in Orbit AFK haha

eznark

Banned
But you'll see my name and wonder who the fuck is this guy? j/k I know they have the gamertag just below it. I don't think I've ever seen you playing Destiny, did you get it for PS4? Speaking of which, every time I've ever seen EZ on, he's just sitting in Orbit AFK haha

My raptr hours are off the charts!

But you'll see my name and wonder who the fuck is this guy? j/k I know they have the gamertag just below it. I don't think I've ever seen you playing Destiny, did you get it for PS4?
Yep. Outside of exclusives, I don't do much gaming on the Xbox One. I've been using it more thanks to Sunset Overdrive.:)

Draxal

I don't see Reese going anywhere. Giants don't fire their GM's. I still believe that Mara will show patience here and keep Coughlin, too. I understand why people view him as a big candidate on the hot seat but John Mara is not an idiot and certainly understands the state of the roster on his team.

I think we'll see Marc Ross and the rest of the personnel group take a brunt of the repercussions. No way in hell is Fewell the defensive coordinator next year either. I'd say the same of Tom Quinn but....:JNC!!

I have no idea where they are going to go. Part of Coughlin's core DNA is the insane loyalty to assistants, and forcing him to get rid of Fewell and Quinn after the changes this year might be enough to make him leave. As for Quinn, he rarely gets starters to perform on special teams, which is why I think he has lasted so long, and that's on Coughlin.

You're right on them not firing Reese, but the team is just not talented enough at too many positions. So while he is at fault imho, there's no way I see him going.

Jerry Palmieri (the S and C ) is also another candidate to be a fall guy.

Congrats buddy, prepare to be blown away by what a great system it is. We will definitely get on and play some Halo together. I have been on playing every night and once they get it working better I am sure I will be playing even more. Hopefully what ever issues there are with the patch get sorted out soon.

My raptr hours are off the charts!
I had to google what the fuck that was but now I vaguely remember a friend telling me about that in the past. Now it all makes sense jnc
Yep. Outside of exclusives, I don't do much gaming on the Xbox One. I've been using it more thanks to Sunset Overdrive.:)
Huh, must have been playing it at different hours then. Sounds like you are loving SO.
Congrats buddy, prepare to be blown away by what a great system it is. We will definitely get on and play some Halo together. I have been on playing every night and once they get it working better I am sure I will be playing even more. Hopefully what ever issues there are with the patch get sorted out soon.
I still need to get kinect to really differentiate this from my PS4. Fortunately, there are brand new ones on Amazon for 70 bucks or so from people that didn't want it and are selling it without ever using it. Hell yeah we'll play some MP, I'm thinking I'll fire it up this weekend and I hear the patch hits Friday so that works out perfectly. I have a Raid to do tonight in Destiny and going to my folk's place on Thur for dinner but the weekend it's Xbone on! I might turn it on tonight to install the Ass Creed games while playing Destiny though on the PS4 though jnc

Top Bottom