• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 12 |OT| - Matt Stafford vs. the World

Luck works to well...
EqCRDQV.jpg

cdyhybrid

What's the problem?

I'm not rooting for the Raiders, but I wouldn't mind if they won tonight for obvious reasons.

The problem is the Smash Bros. files are too big to fit on the system storage unless you delete EVERYTHING, including the OS :jnc

Plus online purchases are unrefundable, so I essentially just flushed $65 down the drain because it's cheaper to spend another $65 on a physical disc than $100 on an external HD.

Bread

Banned
The problem is the Smash Bros. files are too big to fit on the system storage unless you delete EVERYTHING, including the OS :jnc

Plus online purchases are unrefundable, so I essentially just flushed $65 down the drain because it's cheaper to spend another $65 on a physical disc than $100 on an external HD.
you shouldn't have bought the 16gb sku if you expected to download a 15gb game...

Godslay

Banned

I get it, but the OS taking up space on the HDD is a given. 16GB was never going to be 16GB. Smash isn't the first game to do this, Tekken Tag is over 16GB as well.

Also, get a cheap 300GB - 500 GB drive, should be $50. You don't have to drop $100.

Buy a HDD! You can use it for more than wiiu games over the course of its life, presuming you get a decent one that doesn't die immediately.

Back up your computer(s) to it...

E: also, it's like $80 for 2 tb these days, isn't it? Buy a HDD!

cdyhybrid

I get it, but the OS taking up space on the HDD is a given. 16GB was never going to be 16GB. Smash isn't the first game to do this, Tekken Tag is over 16GB as well.

I know that, but I never expected a console game, even a big one such as Smash Bros., to be 16GB.

My Skyrim folder, which contains 200+ mods packed with HD texture files and 300+ music files, isn't even twice as big.

Also, get a cheap 300GB - 500 GB drive, should be $50. You don't have to drop $100.

Buy a HDD! You can use it for more than wiiu games over the course of its life, presuming you get a decent one that doesn't die immediately.

Back up your computer(s) to it...

Any recommendations as far as brand, etc.?

Saw a stat earlier that said somthing along the lines of the Raiders are on pace for the lowest rushing total in a season ever. with is crazy if true

Saw a stat earlier that said somthing along the lines of the Raiders are on pace for the lowest rushing total in a season ever. with is crazy if true

OL can't run block and the RB's can't break a tackle. Asking an awful lot of Carr to try and do something with no playmaking WR's and the worst running game ever

Godslay

Banned
I know that, but I never expected a console game, even a big one such as Smash Bros., to be 16GB.

My Skyrim folder, which contains 200+ mods packed with HD texture files and 300+ music files, isn't even twice as big.

Skyrim is a special exception though. I think they went out of the way to minimize the install size of that game. Most games aren't like that.

Godslay

Banned

To be honest with you I just bought a shitty Walmart 300 GB Western Digital MyBook a few years ago. It has bad reviews, but it was cheap and the thing has ran non-stop for years and still works. Maybe I got lucky?

This seems to be a good drive though. $64.99 for 1TB, has good reviews as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Expansion-Portable-External-STBX1000101/dp/B008R7FC74/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1416533970&sr=8-2&keywords=external+wii+u+hard+drive

Colasante

So why exactly has it taken the Raiders' coaching staff ten games to realize that Latavious Murray is their only running back with a pulse?

Quikies83

Carr looked good on that drive. Going through progressions and making good throws.
KC doesn't look comfortable on the field.. Look pretty slow

I would say Hitachi or Western Digital (that is, Not Seagate). Also, be a man and get at least 500 GB!

Word of warning: The Wii U will monopolize the HDD (e.g. you won't be able to use it for backups/etc with your computer until you format it again). But I still think it's worth having a decent sized external HDD around in a pinch!

(also, feel free to disregard all of this if you want!)

squicken

Seen too much of this Raiders team to think they can score much, but nice start. Still can't believe some of the shit fields the league uses for it's mufti-million dollar players to play on

Godslay

Banned
I would say Hitachi or Western Digital (that is, Not Seagate). Also, be a man and get at least 500 GB, given the way the manufacturing always wants to push the ball forward, going smaller than that won't be much cheaper/more reliable.

Word of warning: The Wii U will monopolize the HDD (e.g. you won't be able to use it for backups/etc with your computer until you format it again). But I still think it's worth having a decent sized external HDD around in a pinch!

Yeah, Seagate isn't great, but they are cheap. Looking at more on Amazon though, WD drives are actually cheaper.

Top Bottom