• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 12 |OT| - Matt Stafford vs. the World

Striker

Empty formations was the worst thing about that goal to go situation, even if you don't want to run, at least make them honor it.
Reminds me of the Coughlin/McAdoo bullshit last week. On the four-yard line, but three straight fades and then an empty set. Yeah Donnell should've had his caught, but it's just inept playcalling and it cost them. Oh, and they kept a 6'5" wide receiver on the bench.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Bengals please bungle more. A few more botched snap will do everyone some good.

RBH

Peyton-Manning.png

Denver Broncos president Joe Ellis and vice president Mac Freeman have both talked to the team's scoreboard operator about appropriate guidelines, team officials told ESPN.

The talks come in the wake of incidents that occurred during the Broncos' last home game -- a 35-21 victory against the San Diego Chargers on Oct. 23.

Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning was critical of the scoreboard operator's antics near the end of the game, even blaming the video boards' technical crew for a false start penalty that he said was caused by distraction from those antics.

"I got a problem with our scoreboard operator; I've got to have a little talk with him,'' Manning said after that game. "I'm not sure what he's doing. He's playing music and showing players dancing, getting the crowd fired up and we have the ball. I don't think we should be doing that.''

Manning also had taken exception to "disrespectful" treatment of Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers during the second half.

Sources told ESPN that Ellis has called Chargers president Dean Spanos to apologize for the incidents and assure him that it won't happen again.

The Broncos host the Miami Dolphins on Sunday.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-scoreboard-operator-came-fire-peyton-manning

exactly. hate seeing the QB Winz shit trotting out to defend his play.
No shit he's not an Allstar, for me I'm just happy that we've won enough gsmes that johnny can sit and learn. He'll be the Qb of this team in the future (maybe soon, heard rumblings he could play today), no need to rush it just because ppl want to see him. And you know I'm the biggest JFF fan, I want him to succeed.

JFF probably has worked with Gordon more then Hoyer though honestly, heard they put some time in together after practice besides scout team.

Edit: but yeah the Hoyer is the greatest talk, because were winning games is annoying

Doorman

The problem I have with Joe Lombardi is that he tries way too hard to be the smartest guy in the room. What I mean is, he seems to base a lot of his playcalling around being unexpected, rather than being effective. The Lions' last goal-line attempt is a great example. Bell's been doing decently well with middle runs, and with that short yardage, doing a middle run is what you would think the obvious play-call should be...so we won't do that. Instead we spread things out at a time when our O-line can't sustain protection, and the result is what it is.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The problem I have with Joe Lombardi is that he tries way too hard to be the smartest guy in the room. What I mean is, he seems to base a lot of his playcalling around being unexpected, rather than being effective. The Lions' last goal-line attempt is a great example. Bell's been doing decently well with middle runs, and with that short yardage, doing a middle run is what you would think the obvious play-call should be...so we won't do that. Instead we spread things out at a time when our O-line can't sustain protection, and the result is what it is.

Agree 100%. Outthinks himself.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
Lmao lmao lmao

uh patriots got the best RB tandem in the league.

YOU KNOW JONAS GREY, BLUNT AND VREEN

Top Bottom