• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 13 |OT| California Gurls

If the Panthers win out, they win the division at 8-7-1.

Time for Tank Commander Ron, Tank Lieutenant Shula, and Tank Sergeant Gunner Cam to do their thang

ShaneB

Would be neat if the Vikings win the division while they're playing in that outdoors stadium, playoff game in cold Minnesota would be fun to watch!

eznark

Banned
Why would a playoff game in Minnesota be any different than a playoff game in any other northern town? If you want raw winter, Buffalo is probably a much better option. Chicago can get colder with more frequency given the wind. Minnesota is like a poor mans Green Bay.

And there aren't any QBs in the draft for WAS. Mariota is that most system QB I've seen since Colt Brennan. Jameis Winston is an African American Andy Dalton. Nick Hundley is an African American EJ Manuel. The next great QB prospect is Gunner Kiel.

You are aware that your offense calls pick plays? Or is this news to you in the same way cutting the legs out of Gronk is a standard tactic to tackling bigger players by smaller dbs? I'd even wager NE cut blocks as well. It's easy to identify another cunt when they run the same tactics.

So it's okay if everybody else does it, but only you get caught?

So we can leave the Spygate discussion behind us then.

Respect

Did not expect RGIII to get benched...thought for sure his best bud Snyder would never let that happen...at least not until this year plays out. Don't see any way for him to play in WASH again with the option on his contract they would have to pick up early next year.

He was anointed the starter in WASH when he got there and got all the special treatment...having to find a new team will probably be best for him, he will have to earn it wherever he goes next, there certainly won't be any special treatment.

Tom Penny

Kobe Bryant has a bad game here and there, especially when he has to carry the offense on his back.

Stafford has broad, strong shoulders but one man can only take so much burden.

So what you're saying is Megatron is Carlos Boozer and Tate is Jeremy Lin. That sounds about right.

bionic77

Working at home today.

I don't remember the last time I saw daytime tv and apparently it is still terrible. They have the Michael and Kelly show on right now.

These crazy old white bitches getting overly excited and dancing to bad pop music is terrifying.

Panthers are starting Amini Silatolu, who hasn't played right tackle since high school, at RT this week meaning they will have the sixth different combination of starting offensive linemen in the past six weeks.

TC Ron already making moves!

4yHumfN.jpg

Jamie Collins 1 on 1 on Megatron

Greg

Working at home today.

I don't remember the last time I saw daytime tv and apparently it is still terrible. They have the Michael and Kelly show on right now.

These crazy old white bitches getting overly excited and dancing to bad pop music is terrifying.
watch Judge Judy

Working at home today.

I wonder if Michael and Kelly are fucking.

Godslay

Banned
So it's okay if everybody else does it, but only you get caught?

So we can leave the Spygate discussion behind us then.

You understand that pick plays and cut blocks are legal right? What's the problem? We should all laugh at you for comparing pick plays to spygate.

Has nothing to do with systemic cheating.

The Griffin mismanagement is sad. The kid was talented. The organization didn't protect him from himself and the criticism that came last year, despite it being a fact that it takes a year for most guys to come back from that injury, was wrong.

And as a Redskin fan I'm having an incredibly hard time finding reasons to root for this organization. The team isn't even in fucking DC. Its the only pro organization in this town to not be in DC. The name shit is becoming frustrating to deal with. The coach ignoring Cousins now for Colt, who we all know isn't the answer, just seems to be his way of jumping to whatever Quarterback is either next on the list or is most beloved by a fickle and battered fanbase.

I never liked this coach from the second he lied to all of us about the leak that he was keeping McVay and Haslett. He was bought from the get go. And he's shown absolutely nothing here in his short tenure in Washington. He's brought not one single new crease to this offense or this team in any way shape or form. He is simply a name brought in with lesser names (McVay) to keep going a foundation that Shanahan was fired for developing.

So yeah, I'm not sure what I want to think about this team right now.

what is happening in this picture?

I didn't watch too much or that carefully but it sure looks like they are.

He looked at Kelly like Freeman looks at a fried burrito.

Megatron got blown the fuck up at the LoS, but I need to check with our in-house rules expert Godslay to determine if this was legal or not.

Tom Penny

You understand that pick plays and cut blocks are legal right? What's the problem? We should all laugh at you for comparing pick plays to spygate.

Illegal pick plays are now legal. I missed that memo. Broncos are consistently blocking down field prior to the ball being thrown. That' basically Welker's new role since his brain is Jello.

The Griffin mismanagement is sad. The kid was talented. The organization didn't protect him from himself and the criticism that came last year, despite it being a fact that it takes a year for most guys to come back from that injury, was wrong.

And as a Redskin fan I'm having an incredibly hard time finding reasons to root for this organization. The team isn't even in fucking DC. Its the only pro organization in this town to not be in DC. The name shit is becoming frustrating to deal with. The coach ignoring Cousins now for Colt, who we all know isn't the answer, just seems to be his way of jumping to whatever Quarterback is either next on the list or is most beloved by a fickle and battered fanbase.

I never liked this coach from the second he lied to all of us about the leak that he was keeping McVay and Haslett. He was bought from the get go. And he's shown absolutely nothing here in his short tenure in Washington. He's brought not one single new crease to this offense or this team in any way shape or form. He is simply a name brought in with lesser names (McVay) to keep going a foundation that Shanahan was fired for developing.

So yeah, I'm not sure what I want to think about this team right now.

Gruden allegedly wanted Dalton over Kaepernick, so him being icy to Griffin is no surprise. It's easier for Gruden to boot RG3 than try to salvage him.

That said, I think Griffin is unsalvageable. The guy's ego is out of control, even now when he sucks ass on the field. No coach in the league is going to bother putting in the time and effort it will take to rebuild him.

Slo

I don't feel bad for RG3. All reports are that he's not putting the time in to be a legitimate passing threat. Seems like a guy who's skated his entire life being the best athlete on the field and isn't ready to admit that he's "just a guy" now.

nateeasy

Banned
Satire but lmao

WASHINGTON – After announcing on Tuesday that the team was benching QB Robert Griffin III in favor of journeyman Colt McCoy, the Washington Redskins received a prank phone call early Wednesday from St. Louis General Manager Les Snead, during which the 43-year old executive reportedly offered to trade Washington the Rams’ next three first round draft selections in exchange for the troubled Griffin, before breaking out into loud guffaws and hanging up the phone, according to sources within the team’s communications office.
RGIII BENCHED

“Hi Bruce? Les Snead here with the Rams. Heard you guys are benching RGIII. That sure is a shame,” said the giggle-suppressing Snead to Redskins G.M. Bruce Allen. “Something about him being injury prone, and a bad leader? Holds the ball way too long? Teammates can’t stand him? Gee, what a bummer. Tell you what: We’ll take him off your hands for the low, low price of just…. of just THREE FIRST ROUND DRAFT PACKS AS WELL AS A HIGH SECOND ROUNDER.”

Added Snead, while hanging up the phone: “HAHAHAHAHA.”

http://profootballmock.com/rams-prank-call-redskins-offer-three-1st-round-picks-rgiii-hang-giggling/

cajunator

Banned
Working at home today.

Im watching car shows and outrageous acts of science

bionic77

Im watching car shows and outrageous acts of science
I am not really watching. It is just in the background.

I honestly don't watch a lot of tv anymore.

I think the only show I look out for is Shark Tank.

For me the tv is pretty much designated for sports.

Tom Penny

Breer said that if RG3 is traded the most he bring back is a mid round pick (3rd)

They'd be lucky to get that I suppose. Greg Cosell said his mechanics footwork and understanding of the game are remedial and need a total revamp. Then again it would be like drafting a rookie in the 3rd round with talent.

Gruden allegedly wanted Dalton over Kaepernick, so him being icy to Griffin is no surprise. It's easier for Gruden to boot RG3 than try to salvage him.

That said, I think Griffin is unsalvageable. The guy's ego is out of control, even now when he sucks ass on the field. No coach in the league is going to bother putting in the time and effort it will take to rebuild him.

I'd definitely take a chance on him as another organization if I felt I had a competent offensive line. In regards to ego, most of that has been overblown by the local media presence which is...maybe the worst in America in regards to football.

I think he's still capable of being good. Someone will pick him up.

Remember when people said that RG3 should have been drafted over Andrew Luck?

Actually this isn't completely fair because we shouldn't act like the Washington NFL franchise isn't run by imbeciles and fools and were not somewhat complicit in Bob Griff's demise.

Still, I'm pretty sure Andy Luck would have taken the Warriors to more than 15 wins and a single playoff game appearance by now.

Respect

Breer said that if RG3 is traded the most he bring back is a mid round pick (3rd)

I don't know that anyone would give up a 3rd rounder for him at this point...he would be a project at this point...5th rounder would seem about right, even a 4th rounder seems too high at this point.

Luck would bust in this organization with the way it is right now. I can't think of a single QB that could succeed outside of Rodgers, who is simply god tier imo.

Tom Penny

I don't know that anyone would give up a 3rd rounder for him at this point...he would be a project at this point...5th rounder would seem about right, even a 4th rounder seems too high at this point.

He will back up Jimmy the Great and be a kick returner for a 6th rounder on the Pats.

Top Bottom