• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 13 |OT| California Gurls

Zeke

So I just read the best Dan Snyder story ever. Some skin fan at the game with his dad when he was kid. Danny boy is walking by fans everyone yelling and asking for autographs. Guys dad yells at Snyder saying he didn't sign his kids redskin hat. So Jerry Jones comes around and signs his redskins hat instead. That's some top level shit by Jerry :jnc

Fox318

hhh-evil-smile-o.gif

Ndm8Cxx.jpg

zychi

Banned
Apparently Cutlers stats are much better than Staffords this season.

I seem to be the last person left on the Cutler defense force. Dude is having a great year, especially when you consider all but 4 ints aren't his fault. Bad routes(reason Holmes was cut), missed pass blocks, and running into the woodchopper that the Pats and Packers became mid-season makes it seem he's having a bad year. But everyone in Chicago keeps comparing him to two of the best QBs of all time in Brady and Rodgers(check the stats already dude has an insane lack of INTs) when they should just let him be him.

I missed Sunday's game against TB so I can't comment on what he did there. If they go on a run, they could grab a WC spot.

Respect

I seem to be the last person left on the Cutler defense force. Dude is having a great year, especially when you consider all but 4 ints aren't his fault. Bad routes(reason Holmes was cut), missed pass blocks, and running into the woodchopper that the Pats and Packers became mid-season makes it seem he's having a bad year. But everyone in Chicago keeps comparing him to two of the best QBs of all time in Brady and Rodgers(check the stats already dude has an insane lack of INTs) when they should just let him be him.

I missed Sunday's game against TB so I can't comment on what he did there. If they go on a run, they could grab a WC spot.

Haven't seen a bunch of Bears games...but I just get a Jeff George vibe from Cutler.

Patriots7

Bears are just...Bears.
Given the fact that Cutler has Jeffrey, Marshall, Bennett and Forte, he may not be having a bad year, but definitely not living up to the contract the Bears gave him.
Trestman has got to go.

Respect

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I remember him playing for the Vikings and he wasn't bad. But I don't know much about him otherwise.

Mostly bad...think it was Dennis Miller who said it best (in regard to George) "He throws a beautiful interception."

He had good stats for a QB, but wasn't a great leader and never had any success in the playoffs.

zychi

Banned
Bears are just...Bears.
Given the fact that Cutler has Jeffrey, Marshall, Bennett and Forte, he may not be having a bad year, but definitely not living up to the contract the Bears gave him.
Trestman has got to go.

Trestman would be a fine OC, but he shouldn't be the HC. Cutler is overpiad, but that's what the market was when he was re-upping. Still the best QB the Bears have ever had, and Bears fans seem to have forgotten the 50+ years of not being able to pass the ball

jakncoke

Banned
Nice, got turkey day off. except i dont get paid for it and we have to do 2 days of routes on friday. That fucking blows.

Damn I haven't posted in NFL GAF in weeks what's been up

Go ravens steelers suck

We will make the playoffs

same as before. people trying to be funny or troll with each post. sometimes people catch the feels. football is still only 40% of what we talk about. fuck the ravens.

Tom Penny

They are 20th in scoring with Bennett, Marshall, Forte and Jeffery. Cutler is a failure.

zychi

Banned
They are 20th in scoring with Bennett, Marshall, Forte and Jeffery. Cutler is a failure.

I'll activate your troll card.

Marshall has been injured most of the year. Trest doesn't call enough plays for Forte, and anyone who thought Bennett was great, was stupid.

Also, your post history is literally just being negative and trying to troll people. So after this response I'm done with you.

Tenumi

Banned
Some interesting quotes I read on Twitter recently:

Lions' passing offense suffering from a distinct lack of "man-beaters" -- route concepts designed to get easy openings for receivers.

Stafford therefore asked to hit tight windows with consistency and repeatability; he's not that kind of quarterback.

Easy to say, "Lions have Megatron and Tate; they should get open no matter what." Doesn't really work that way. Johnson is the master of contested catches, but good NFL defenses are designed to remove throwing windows with unified coverage. Refusal to counter is a handicap.

Seahawks have same problem without Megatron and Tate. Packers had the same problem first three weeks of the season. Have to create WR opps.

Via Doug Farrar of SI.

To me, this is telling of the Playbook and OC. No quarterback is going to succeed if the play call isn't flexible enough to counter what the defense is giving. Lombardi may be a great QB coach, but it really looks like he might be in over his head as a Coordinator.

Top Bottom