• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 13 |OT| California Gurls

MechDX

What????????? No beard?

Trimmed it really short from Twitter comments

B3YogR3CcAADj17.jpg

#FitzBeardWatch2014

Did Sherman raise any valid points or was he just doing the most boring skit ever?

I thought his complaint about not being able to wear Beats headphones on Sundays, while still being paid to wear them, really spoke to the heart of the inhuman work conditions the players have to endure.

@taniaganguli
Fitzpatrick says he's mad we didn't tell him he looked like that. Saw himself in the mirror and thought it was disgusting.

fucking lol at the texans being stuck for the season with a QB who literally never looked in the mirror once in the 3 months that beard was growing

@taniaganguli
Fitzpatrick says he's mad we didn't tell him he looked like that. Saw himself in the mirror and thought it was disgusting.

fucking lol at the texans being stuck for the season with a QB who literally never looked in the mirror once in the 3 months that beard was growing

If you played for the Texans, could you really stand to look at yourself in the mirror?

I am not really watching. It is just in the background.

I honestly don't watch a lot of tv anymore.

I think the only show I look out for is Shark Tank.

For me the tv is pretty much designated for sports.
Same here. Garbage on TV. So I leave on a music channel. Right now it's 80's music

Colasante

I'm glad the Patriots signed Matthew Slater to an extension. Now they can prioritize resigning Darrelle Revis and Devin McCourty in the offseason. I can't wait until Aaron Hernandez's $7.5M cap hit comes off the books.

Colasante

Wonder if we hold onto vereen as well...believe he is with the same group that represented Welker.

I feel like that's doable given the current running back market. It's unlikely any team will give him starter money, and unless the Patriots feel comfortable with James White in the Kevin Faulk role, they'll need him.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I thought his complaint about not being able to wear Beats headphones on Sundays, while still being paid to wear them, really spoke to the heart of the inhuman work conditions the players have to endure.

It's truly moronic. He's being paid by two different headphone companies. So terrible.

e -

Gotta add funds to my Steam account!

cashman

Banned
@taniaganguli

Don't think your sarcasm detector is on.

They really should be removed from the league overall.

Snyder is a bribing asshole
The name is racist
The team is terrible
Just spread the players out via waiver wire/FA
Start a whole new franchise without Snyder in LA or Portland.

Is having a new name and being moved to DC proper in about ten years good enough?

Though Snyder will probably still be owner :(

Forbiden

Nice, glad to see he is still alive.

Its nice to see he's better enough to be seen considering the last we heard they were expecting to have him for the playoffs. Having him for the packers game would be awesome.

Edit: also, gata said gostkowski not gronkowski.

bionic77

Same here. Garbage on TV. So I leave on a music channel. Right now it's 80's music
I love how now that you can get HBO without cable the only people who can't get off of cable or satellite are sports fans.

We are addicted so we will pay and do whatever is required to watch it.

TheFatOne

Colasante

I wouldn't bring him back until the playoffs as a 3rd and long pass rusher.

If you mean that Ayers is solid enough against the run that you don't want to wear Jones down and want to save him for obvious pass rushing situations, I agree. If you're suggesting that Ayers is a better three down player than Jones, I very much disagree.

Tom Penny

If you mean that Ayers is solid enough against the run that you don't want to wear Jones down and want to save him for obvious pass rushing situations, I agree. If you're suggesting that Ayers is a better three down player than Jones, I very much disagree.

I'd be surprised if Ayers sucks as much as Jones against the run. Have teams blatantly ran right at him on purpose yet?

It sucks that a mediocre team or two from the AFC North will steal a playoff spot thanks to all the garbage NFCS teams they beat.

Well there's gonna be a lot of division games in the AFC North in the next month, so they'll be beating up on each other. But either way, I don't see any team with a worse record than 10-6 making a wildcard spot.

Colasante

I'd be surprised if Ayers sucks as much as Jones against the run. Have teams blatantly ran right at him on purpose yet?

That happened, what, once this season? The Chiefs game, when every defender was missing tackles and filling the wrong gaps? He was playing out of position in the opener against Miami. Beyond those two games, when the entire defense was out of sync, he was the best defensive player, maybe best player period for the Patriots when healthy.

I love how now that you can get HBO without cable the only people who can't get off of cable or satellite are sports fans.

We are addicted so we will pay and do whatever is required to watch it.
This.

Pretty sure hockey has the game zone thing that allows for online viewing. That leaves football as the one reason I have satellite.

jbug617

Banned
Bill talking about Rodgers

“Everything,” said Belichick. “He’s a great player. He does a tremendous job, really at everything. He’s got no weak points; makes every throw. [He] handles the team very well at the line: checks and adjustments, he certainly sees the defense well. [He] uses all his weapons, makes great throws from the short ones [to] intermediate, down the field, sidelines, back shoulders, deep routes and then he has a great ability to extend plays, either sliding in the pocket or at times scrambling outside the pocket.”

“They’ve made a lot of plays this year on things like that where he either buys extra time or just flat-out gets away from the rush and lets the receivers uncover,” said Belichick. “He’s a hard guy to tackle, hard guy to get and a very good thrower, very accurate thrower and has great vision. He’s really good.”

“He’s quick, he’s big, he throws the ball very accurately, has great vision down the field,” Belichick concluded. “He finds guys that there’s not a lot of space, but he finds them and he hits them. He’s really good. I’m not taking anything away from anybody else, but this guy is a really good player.”

TheFatOne

Generally Jones is solid against the run. He did have a horrific game against the Chiefs. Don't think Jones is a liability at all against the run.
That happened, what, once this season? The Chiefs game, when every defender was missing tackles and filling the wrong gaps? He was playing out of position in the opener against Miami. Beyond those two games, when the entire defense was out of sync, he was the best defensive player, maybe best player period for the Patriots when healthy.

Incorrect. The best defensive player on the Pats is Revis period. There's no arguing that point. Jones is very good, but he isn't that elite pass rusher. Revis is easily elite, and arguably the best or one of the best players at his position. Same can't be said for Jones.

Gaben, the greatest con man in history, is starting his quarter-annual "Buy the same shit you already own for only slightly less" sale I see.

No shade to him, run that game Gabe.

Respect

Incorrect. The best defensive player on the Pats is Revis period. There's no arguing that point. Jones is very good, but he isn't that elite pass rusher. Revis is easily elite, and arguably the best or one of the best players at his position. Same can't be said for Jones.

Hopefully he is more durable in a potential AFC Championship game than Talib...

Top Bottom