• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 13 |OT| California Gurls

So the St. Louis Police department wasn't pleased with the Rams players who made the "Hands up don't Shoot" going as far as to saying they should be fined for doing it. Lol okay.

So the St. Louis Police department wasn't pleased with the Rams players who made the "Hands up don't Shoot" going as far as to saying they should be fined for doing it. Lol okay.

St. Louis was one of the most disgusting places I have ever been. Just a hive of wretchedness and racism. I applaud my Rams on doing this.

Patriots7

...the defense kept them in the game though? The offense fell flat that game.
I struggle to say that any defense that did not force a punt until late in the third quarter kept any team in a game.

The defense was flat out exposed as fraudulent or at the very best, the exact same defense we've had for years.

Hell, Belichick had no faith in the defense stopping the Packers on 4th and 3. (But then kicked a field goal. I will never understand that logic)

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
What a day.

Good triumphed over evil. All is well in the world. I'm going to sleep like a baby tonight.

New thread tomorrow. Night kids.

New Bucket thread! This season just gets better and better.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/01/mike-mccarthy-green-bay-packers/

Bedard is so much better than anyone else. Great article.

McCarthy is one of the best coaches in football and has been for a long time. He gets overlooked because he has great QB's, but I don't think their greatness is a happy accident. McCarthy is probably the second best coach in football right now to Arians.

There is no better schemer/gameplanner of the passing game in football today than McCarthy.

Having Rodgers execute it overshadows that.

Stop getting me hyped up about moobs. I want to believe!

I think it's sort of a thing you can't have one without the other necessarily. McCarthy having access to one of the best QBs of all time probably helps his game plan a lot.

Also Ez's post made me look up Arian's resume and I'm wondering how with a history such as his that it took him that long to get to a head coaching position.

I struggle to say that any defense that did not force a punt until late in the third quarter kept any team in a game.

The defense was flat out exposed as fraudulent or at the very best, the exact same defense we've had for years.

Hell, Belichick had no faith in the defense stopping the Packers on 4th and 3. (But then kicked a field goal. I will never understand that logic)
You do realize we held them to their lowest point total at home

Colasante

This is beyond ridiculous. It's not even worth a discussion if you're so blind about it.

Forbiden

Holy shit. That's about as ridiculous as I've read from any pats fan. If you really think the defense is as bad as other years then I don't know what to tell you.

Last year's defense would have easily given up 50+ last night so in no way shape or for is it as bad as before.

3 points given up in the 2nd half after only being down 9 at halftime. 6 points if Crosby doesn't shank the field goal.

Seriously?

eznark

Banned
I think we should all just agree that the Pats are dead and move on.

For the rest of the day lets all shit on Patrick Peterson for being a mouthy no-talent bitch.

Why on earth would you lose unless they run all over you.

#dolphinsfootball

In all seriousness, I need a win tonight. Badly. This season has been brutal with all of the close losses.

Yeah I know, we've been here before and it's always so painful when we don't show up to important games and get embarrassed on prime time tv...if this team is actually different we need a big win tonight.

Konka

Banned
Thank goodness Chip is going to lead us to 4 straight wins to close the season out while Arizona loses at least one securing the 1st round bye.

Respect

You're either taking this loss way too hard or you are trolling at this point. They lost to a great team on the road, they had chances but their opponent outplayed them. This wasn't an elimination game. If your going to lose games, better to lose the out of conference games. Season is far from over.

Colasante

Thank goodness Chip is going to lead us to 4 straight wins to close the season out while Arizona loses at least one securing the 1st round bye.

I think it's more likely that Arizona loses all four remaining games than just one. Packers and Eagles are getting those byes, unless Seattle can get the tiebreaker.

MechDX

Mech's spiral into insanity and irrelevance has been almost more shocking and abrupt than Cam Newton's. It's truly a been a sad, overlooked story from the 2014 NFL GAF season. I remember a time not long ago when Mech was a totally rational guy with a hatred of his QB and head coach. Unfortunately, it seems he was unable to contain that hatred and it spilled out, overtaking his life and his senses. An irrational and uncalled for hatred of Manziel really should have alerted all of us to something being wrong. He's gone from Texan, to Patriot to Colt fan, from a lover of Fitz to a sad misguided believer in Mallett to a wounded, broken shell of a man.

We're pulling for you mech. You can beat this. You're in our prayers.

#mechstrong2015

KaleidoscopicClearcutAustraliansilkyterrier.gif

I think we should all just agree that the Pats are dead and move on.

For the rest of the day lets all shit on Patrick Peterson for being a mouthy no-talent bitch.

lol, and then look what happened last time.

I was so glad when everybody in the media proclaimed that Cincy was done after Cleveland. It gave the Bengals the push they needed to win 3 in a row on the road.

WTF Double post? I guess things are slow on monday.

Zeke

Cowboys gonna shit on the bears Thursday or crumble and shit the rest of the season away. Either way GO COWBOYS! Also I like this new mech he's good people.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm thinking 12-4 should be enough for the #1 seed in the NFC.

It's going to be awkward as hell explaining that loss to Buffalo though.

TheFatOne

This isn't the same defense. Just fucking use your eyes to watch the game. The defenses from 07 to last year were generally in last place. They couldn't stop the run or pass. Now the Pats are in the middle of the pack. You can't expect to have an elite defense one year away from having one of the worst defenses in the NFL it doesn't work that way. Well it could work that way if the Pats had JJ Watt. They don't so they are just average. For years all I wanted was the Pats to have just an average defense. Now they have that, and they can build up on it next year. The defense is good enough to win a super bowl with. They just got outcoached and outplayed yesterday. It happens.

Listening to sports talk today was probably the worst decision of my life. All this bitching and moaning about the defense. Now I hope the fucking Pats go one and done with Brady looking like dogshit once again to spite these shitty ass fans. People just need to chill. They had this expectation the defense was elite when that was never the case. They do a great job of scheming away from their weaknesses and playing to their strengths.

Edit:Meant defenses after the 07 season.

Konka

Banned
Cowboys gonna shit on the bears Thursday or crumble and shit the rest of the season away. Either way GO COWBOYS! Also I like this new mech he's good people.

It's the Cowboys in December, there is only one possible outcome. Search your heart, you know this to be true.

Mrbob

There is no better schemer/gameplanner of the passing game in football today than McCarthy.

Having Rodgers execute it overshadows that.
Wasn't he awful as the San Fran oc before GB hired him as head coach? Guess he really improved his craft as head coach. Or had zero talent to work with in Frisco. They were terrible then.

eznark

Banned
Wasn't he awful as the San Fran oc before GB hired him as head coach? Guess he really increased his craft as head coach.

He was only there a year. Prior to that he had the Saints a top 15 offense every year for four years.....with Aaron fucking Brooks at QB! He left in 04, the offense was ranked 13th. The next year, with few changes...31st!

He was unable to work the same magic with a mix of Alex Smith, Ken Dorsey and Tim Rattay.

Mrbob

I think it's sort of a thing you can't have one without the other necessarily. McCarthy having access to one of the best QBs of all time probably helps his game plan a lot.

Also Ez's post made me look up Arian's resume and I'm wondering how with a history such as his that it took him that long to get to a head coaching position.

When Trestman gets launched I want Phil Emery alongside. Phil decided to hire Trestman instead of Arians.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I feel like Hoyer has been given a raw deal this season. With Manziel on the bench and the brass wanting to capitalize on his presence, I feel like Hoyer's leash is much shorter than what other QB's would've been given after a couple of bad starts.

bionic77

Rodgers is well known to be the most accurate passer outside the pocket..but If it makes you feel better Ben is good just not as good as Rodgers...
Well known?

lol

Rodgers is more accurate than Ben but not as much as you think. Especially not on the run. His main advantage over Ben is his quick release (talking about football what he does with Munn is his business).

eznark

Banned
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I feel like Hoyer has been given a raw deal this season. With Manziel on the bench and the brass wanting to capitalize on his presence, I feel like Hoyer's leash is much shorter than what other QB's would've been given after a couple of bad starts.

55% completion rate
3.2% TD rate (11)
2.5% INT rate (8)
4.7% sack rate

He's been awful, especially over the last four games. 1 TD/6 INT and a 50% completion rate.

He has to go.

Those numbers actually make him look better than he has played too. If you want to make a playoff run, you need to find some offense. They are averaging fewer plays per drive and yards per drive than the Jaguars.

Gobias

Banned

No, he pretty much sucks.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Before the season, I thought about now would be the time to give JFF a look. I also thought that about now, the Browns would be 2-10, so whatever.

Colasante

I think there are a lot of legitimate excuses for Hoyer's performance, from the terrible collection of pass catchers he's had, the worst in the league until Gordon returned, to an offensive line that fell off a cliff when Alex Mack was injured, but at the end of the day, he was making some inexcusably bad throws and needed to be benched.

Top Bottom