• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 13 |OT| California Gurls

JJ Watt is so good. I know fantasy points aren't any real metric for measuring a quality player, but this shows the top DL players in my league, and JJ Watt is basically twice as good as the second best guy. He's the top scoring defensive player by 3 points, which is unheard of from DL, becuase they get so few tackles.

tlyxvYg.png

eznark

Banned
I think there are a lot of legitimate excuses for Hoyer's performance, from the terrible collection of pass catchers he's had, the worst in the league until Gordon returned, to an offensive line that fell off a cliff when Alex Mack was injured, but at the end of the day, he was making some inexcusably bad throws and needed to be benched.

I don't disagree, but those are realities. They aren't going to change. Mack isn't going to walk through that door. Hoyer has proven he is incapable of getting it done in the real world that we all now occupy. The Browns have a shot at the playoffs. You have to try and get there.

LevelNth

Banned
Wasn't he awful as the San Fran oc before GB hired him as head coach? Guess he really improved his craft as head coach. Or had zero talent to work with in Frisco. They were terrible then.
No, he was asked to work a miracle for an impatient ownership and a head coach that was put in a horrible position he was not capable of handling.

The Niners didn't even hire a new GM for the '05 draft, and let new coach hire Mike Nolan do the selections at the draft. Smith and Rodgers were known top QB candidates, the Niners needed a new QB, but Rodgers was said to not be as 'pro' ready (I hate that damn phrase) as Smith, so voila.

McCarthy did what he could for a horrible team, and should never have been fired. But the Niners in the mid-90's were beyond a trainwreck.

eznark

Banned
No, he was asked to work a miracle for an impatient ownership and a head coach that was put in a horrible position he was not capable of handling.

The Niners didn't even hire a new GM for the '05 draft, and let new coach hire Mike Nolan do the selections at the draft. Smith and Rodgers were known top QB candidates, the Niners needed a new QB, but Rodgers was said to not be as 'pro' ready (I hate that damn phrase) as Smith, so voila.

McCarthy did what he could for a horrible team, and should never have been fired. But the Niners in the mid-90's were beyond a trainwreck.

Was he fired? I thought he just left for the GB job.

brentech

JJ Watt is so good. I know fantasy points aren't any real metric for measuring a quality player, but this shows the top DL players in my league, and JJ Watt is basically twice as good as the second best guy. He's the top scoring defensive player by 3 points, which is unheard of from DL, becuase they get so few tackles.

tlyxvYg.png

not arguing with his impact as a defender, but do those fantasy points include his offensive scores?

not arguing with his impact as a defender, but do those fantasy points include his offensive scores?

They do, and I don't dispute that inflates his points, but this shows his impact on the ball as a whole. Not to mention, he's far from the only defensive player who gets points outside of the defensive side of the ball (lots of DB kick returners). If Houston slips into the playoffs, he's MVP.

eznark

Banned
#5 - New York Jets: Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
There is so much controversy surrounding Jameis Winston, from the alleged sexual assault, to the crab legs, to the autographs, to his suspension for shouting a stupid meme in the student union (funny that the old farts running Florida State didn't know what it meant). However, Winston is too talented not to go high in the first round.

Winston is also too good for the Jets to pass up. I'd be worried about him in New York, but the team is in desperate need of a franchise quarterback, as it's clear that Geno Smith is not the answer.

Oh my God I want this to happen so, so badly.

MechDX

They do, and I don't dispute that inflates his points, but this shows his impact on the ball as a whole. Not to mention, he's far from the only defensive player who gets points outside of the defensive side of the ball (lots of DB kick returners). If Houston slips into the playoffs, he's MVP.

Sadly to do this they must run the table for the last 4 games. @Jags, @ Colts. Ravens, Jags.

very doable except for the Colts at Indy. Ravens at Houston is interesting because of the whole Kubiak factor.

tlyxvYg.png

That GOAT Buffalo D-Line

eznark

Banned
Tramon Williams, CB: +1.6

Breakdown: Here’s a great example of coverage stats and grades meshing to give a picture of a player’s performances. Williams surrendered catches on all nine of his targets, but the passes only totaled 40 yards and only two of the catches went for first downs (Brandon LaFell’s touchdown included).

Williams did a great job of limiting yards after the catch, surrendering only 12 on the nine catches, while five of his surrendered catches were stops. It was an underrated part of the Packers’ defensive effort as Williams took away a factor that normally fuels the Patriots’ offense.

Excellent breakdown of Williams. He got beat bad by LaFell and did an awful job on one of the screens, but other than that he did exactly what they needed. Brady can't throw over the top to save his life so he depends on YAC to loosen up a D. Packers did a great job wrapping up the Pats wide outs. Fuck Gronk though, fo real

brentech

9 catches for 40 yards. I'd take that every week. God damn.

Jameis Winston is going to be hilarious in the NFL. Some team will take him, and they're going to pay for it so bad.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Funny thing is that even if they ripped his pants (or any players pants) off, they'd still finish the play. We've seen defenders who lost their helmet launch themselves into a tackle so I don't think dangling their dong out will phase them.

BigAT

http://blogs.delawareonline.com/firststatefocus/files/2013/12/120813_EaglesLions_KRG1387.jpg[img]

[i]Everyone calm the fuck down, I got this.[/i][/QUOTE]

Refresh my memory, what did the Lions do in the game that picture is from? How many touchdowns did Stafford have?

brentech

120813_EaglesLions_KRG1387.jpg

Everyone calm the fuck down, I got this.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000294303/Stafford-fumbles

2 fumbles in one play.

Lions vs. Eagles: Fumble tracker

1. M.Stafford FUMBLES (Aborted) at DET 16, and recovers at DET 16. M.Stafford to DET 17 for 1 yard (D.Ryans).

2. M.Stafford FUMBLES (Aborted) at DET 40, recovered by DET-J.Bell at DET 39. J.Bell to DET 39 for no gain (C.Barwin).

3. M.Stafford FUMBLES (Aborted) at PHI 43, recovered by DET-A.Fluellen at PHI 44. A.Fluellen to PHI 44 for no gain (B.Logan).

4. J.Bell left tackle to PHI 20 for 8 yards (C.Thornton). FUMBLES (C.Thornton), RECOVERED by PHI-C.Barwin at PHI 20.

5. J.Bell left tackle to PHI 10 for no gain (C.Barwin). FUMBLES (C.Barwin), RECOVERED by PHI-P.Chung at PHI 9. P.Chung to PHI 9 for no gain (J.Bell).

6. M.Stafford FUMBLES (Aborted) at PHI 24, RECOVERED by PHI-M.Kendricks at PHI 40. M.Kendricks to PHI 40 for no gain (M.Stafford).

I got this.

Tom Coughlin on his conference call with the media today. Some snippets:

Ebenezer Samuel ‏@ebenezersamuel 24m24 minutes ago
Tom Coughlin admitted that the Wildcat plays caught the Giants off-guard.

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN 16m16 minutes ago
Does Tom Coughlin question his own ability to lead the Giants: "No. Not in the least."

Dan Graziano ‏@DanGrazianoESPN 16m16 minutes ago
Coughlin on how he's taking this personally: "Miserable. What else can I say? Miserable. But I'm not going to let it get me down."

Dan Graziano ‏@DanGrazianoESPN 14m14 minutes ago
Coughlin: "I accept the full responsibility,and whatever price has to be paid for that responsibility, it starts right here with me."

Top Bottom