• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 13 |OT| California Gurls

Konka

Banned
Not even scurred bruh

Staffgod has my back.

Defend the Den 2014

4eeWE8N.png

Quotient

So i moved to the states in 2010 and have developed a strong passion for American football - it probably was due to the birth of my daughter and spending many weekends at home with her with nothing but College football and the NFL on TV. Anyway, since i live in Boston i've been following the patriots and I've noticed there is this strong, even irrational, hate for the patriots on the web. Is it the patriots success the root of this, or should i stop reading ESPN comments?

Konka

Banned
So i moved to the states in 2010 and have developed a strong passion for American football - it probably was due to the birth of my daughter and spending many weekends at home with her with nothing but College football and the NFL on TV. Anyway, since i live in Boston i've been following the patriots and I've noticed there is this strong, even irrational, hate for the patriots on the web. Is it the patriots success* the root of this, or should i stop reading ESPN comments?

I fixed that for you.

cdyhybrid

So i moved to the states in 2010 and have developed a strong passion for American football - it probably was due to the birth of my daughter and spending many weekends at home with her with nothing but College football and the NFL on TV. Anyway, since i live in Boston i've been following the patriots and I've noticed there is this strong, even irrational, hate for the patriots on the web. Is it the patriots success the root of this, or should i stop reading ESPN comments?

Someone copy and paste bionic's post that explains this.

Zeke

You mean aside from being dirty fucking cheaters, that should have asterisks next to their sb wins?

ShaneB

Pretty much.

Forbiden

Do you have a link, or short explanation, for me to read? I wasn't in the states during that time.

People seriously think they had an advantage over opposino teams when they won their super bowls. Never mind the fact that even after spygate they've still been an incredibly successful team that was one lucky play away from going 19-0 in one season and one catch away from winning the super bowl in 2009.

After this year's super bowl people will just find some other nonsense to say about th we team, but in reality it's the constant success that the team has had for the last 13~ years that makes everyone hate them.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Do you have a link, or short explanation, for me to read? I wasn't in the states during that time.

I'm not going to get into it with people. I'm a big pats fan, but I'm always objective, they have no asterisks next to their SBs and the reasons they won had nothing to do with "spygate". If you read articles from anybody outside of those who irrationally hate them since their teams lost to them during this stretch, including the teams they've beat, the coaches they've beat, pretty much anybody with a basic understanding of how football works it was irrelevant. They've been to 2 superbowls since then, every superbowl has been decided by less than 7 points, and in their dominant ways they had a few lucky bounces or fluke things- TO breaking his leg, vinattieri being clutch as fuck, etc. and then unfortunately a couple bounce the other way- welker with a drop, david tyree with the helmet catch. That's the way sports goes, every game football or not, is a game of inches.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
People seriously think they had an advantage over opposino teams when they won their super bowls. Never mind the fact that even after spygate they've still been an incredibly successful team that was one lucky play away from going 19-0 in one season and one catch away from winning the super bowl in 2009.

After this year's super bowl people will just find some other nonsense to say about th we team, but in reality it's the constant success that the team has had for the last 13~ years that makes everyone hate them.

It's to be expected. Also them winning a SB this year is far from a foregone conclusion, because again it's a game of inches. The mediocre cards got to the SB and were one amazing throw and catch in the corner of the endzone (one of the most amazing plays to this day) away from winning the SB with a horrific defense.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I got y'alls backs

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103172888&postcount=16570

bionic77 said:
I have more work to do than there are hours in the day (its 24 Gata), but let me give some brief thoughts on this.

Kave you are from Canada and I expect you have a lot of questions about things we Americans take for granted. Such as who cured AIDS (Magic Johnson), the proper container for milk (plastic) and of course everything about football which is foreign and exotic for our neighbors in the north. This is expected and nothing to be ashamed of. Similarly we have to patiently explain the benefits of flossing to Brits, why it is recommended to shower every single day to Euros, and why you shouldn't shoot that black teenager walking on the sidewalk to the subhumans from Florida.

Now remember that professional football as we know it was invented in 1966. Before that games were played in barns ("indoor") and in backyards to dozens of empty benches. Cheese was awarded to the winning team explaining why the Packers were the dominant team in what is commonly known as the "high school era". The game quickly evolved in the Super Bowl era into the greatest sport in human history. There were some dominant teams and for most of the 80s the NFC made the AFC its bitch but the game was fair and anything could truly happen on any given Sunday. Some teams showed thuggery but everything was fine with the world and football until the year 2001.

To you Canadians 2001 was just another year but to Americans this was a low point. All of our despair can be traced to Boston (the airport and the football franchise). Tammy V. Brady was drafted low out of Michigan in 2000 as a backup to the great and venerable Drew Bledsoe. A man with a cannon of an arm and good moral character. Brady on the other hand could not start in college and had zero athleticism coming into the pros and already had a reputation for stabbing his teammates in the back. He was most known for having flabby tits and love handles and for being too slow for the radar gun to clock accurately. Brady's arrival to the den of evil happened at the same time as good ol Bill "I would like to fuck your mother" Bellicheck. Bill was Parcells errand boy and sucked a fat one as a headcoach before coming to Boston. The Pats were not a good team that year and went into the playoffs without much fanfare and no way of predicting what evil was to follow.

Their first crime came against Oakland. Oakland won the game by all rights, but Tammy, the league and Bill stole the game in front of the whole nation by inventing a new rule. It was called the Fuck the Raiders rule and was somewhat controversial. Its complicated but basically the Raiders stripped the ball from Brady on a strip sack. The Raiders should have had the ball and we should have had the memory of Brady walking off the field in the tears. Instead the refs cited the above FTRR and gave the ball back to the Pats who then proceeded to kick a 50 yard FG through the snow (some say this was accomplished by rockets but there is no proof for that so lets give Adam credit for that amazing kick). The Pats went on to win the Superbowl that year defrauding the 2 best teams in football in the process. Many debate which crime was worse. Now remember Kave this is 2001, before the league changed the rules. Tom Brady was a system qb and whose best talent was checking down. The Pats had a mediocre offense and could not move the ball in the AFC Championship. Brady was really sucking serious balls. But unfortunately the fix was in and the Pats won on special teams (the Pats codename for the refs). The Steelers were a far superior team but in this game and almost came back despite the treachery but we deserved the loss because on one hit we went a little low on Brady and it resulted in a direct hit on the vagina. This will seem like a story to you now but back then you were allowed to hit qb's, even fragile Tammy (shows you how long ago this was). This ended up being a mistake because the Pats and their special teams had used up all their tricks so we would have gone on to come back and win the game but because of that injury the Pats put in a real qb who put the final stake in the coffin. The Pats then went on to rob the Rams in the SB. Obviously having stolen their plays before the game. Brady was unable to put the ball into he endzone and was saved by his FG kicker when the game was on the line (this happened in all of their tainted wins). While everyone knew that a robbery had happened and that evil was beginning to take over the NFL, most stood silent and were afraid to say anything.

The Pats continued their thuggery into the 2000s and went on to win 2 of the next 3 Superbowls. They committed grave and heinous crimes against Indiana, Pennsylvania (on multiple occasions), Carolina and Tennessee among others. New England and ESPN (their unofficial mouthpiece) perpetuated the lie that New England was a team to be emulated and came up with the saying "the Patriot way" as if it was something to emulate. To my ears it sounded like gross propoganda. But many ignorant NFL fans were buying this nonsense and the league was losing its moral compass.

Into this mess stepped the greatest handball player of all time. Jake Plummer. Jake was known for a few big college wins but the Pats entered the 2005 postseason with never having lost a postseason game. Men were chopping off their dicks to be like Brady and trying to fuck their friends mothers to be like their coach. The Pats refs were unable to make the trip due to mechanical difficulties and the game was played on a level playing field with refs who were ignorant of the league's policy of allowed the Pats to have their way. The Pats were embarrassed and the Steelers went on to end the Broncos run and the Pats reign of terror of over. The Pats owner had spent all of his cheese money to kill his wife and to buy off the league. Shortly after this failure the league released the sordid details of what "the Patriot way" really stood for. It stood for PEDs, it stood for devilry and gender confusion, it stood for fucking a married and pregnant woman in the ass and then releasing the video on the internet, and most of all it stood for cheating. Unfortunately the full extent of their cheating can never be known because the league destroyed the evidence shortly after announcing the teams punishment. As the leagues punishment all of Tom Bradys Sex in the City DVDs were destroyed and Bill Belichick had to actually sleep with his own wife for a change.

The Pats were finished as a team and Brady and Bill were exposed as liars, cheats and frauds. The league turned against them en masse. Brady the great was outplayed by Mark Sanchez and Eli Goober Manning during championship moments. Without a kicker and the refs to bail him out, his subpar skills were not enough to win the game. The Pats defense went from the best in the league to a running joke once the cameras were taken away. When the Pats swindled Oakland for the 2nd time in 2007 and got Randy Moss for nothing, they ran up the score and embraced their roles as the NFLs villain. Only to be stopped by the virgin.

This is but a small part in the story of why the Pats are evil. I was one of the first to expose their ways back in 2004. I was ridiculed at the time but now my views have taken hold and are accepted by all reasonable people.

Kave I hope this explains why we hate Tom Brady and why showers are essential.

eznark

Banned
I'm not going to get into it with people. I'm a big pats fan, but I'm always objective, they have no asterisks next to their SBs and the reasons they won had nothing to do with "spygate". If you read articles from anybody outside of those who irrationally hate them since their teams lost to them during this stretch, including the teams they've beat, the coaches they've beat, pretty much anybody with a basic understanding of how football works it was irrelevant. They've been to 2 superbowls since then, every superbowl has been decided by less than 7 points, and in their dominant ways they had a few lucky bounces or fluke things- TO breaking his leg, vinattieri being clutch as fuck, etc. and then unfortunately a couple bounce the other way- welker with a drop, david tyree with the helmet catch. That's the way sports goes, every game football or not, is a game of inches.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

I do what I can to keep an open mind. I'll admit when my team is outmatched or if they have a real shot. I'm definitely reactionary and i WANT my team to win, but I'm constantly fair. I'm more critical of my own teams as well. As far as my team having a shot, I always put them under a microscope more, and they always surprise me.

I hate the patriots because I'm a dolphins fan and I'm sick of being a fan of a team that keeps playing second fiddle and has to rely on wildcards to even sniff the playoffs. No other division has to deal with that kind of bs for as long as the Jets,Bills, Dolphins have been.

Forbiden

It's to be expected. Also them winning a SB this year is far from a foregone conclusion, because again it's a game of inches. The mediocre cards got to the SB and were one amazing throw and catch in the corner of the endzone (one of the most amazing plays to this day) away from winning the SB with a horrific defense.

I didn't mean it in the sense that it was a done deal they'd win the super bowl. However everyone knows that even if they had won the 2 super bowls they lost and won again this year, everyone would still say "I beat they cheated lol". At this point its really difficult to take anyone who believes the team hahad an advantage then, as well as those who believe they continue to "cheat", seriously.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I hate the patriots because I'm a dolphins fan and I'm sick of being a fan of a team that keeps playing second fiddle and has to rely on wildcards to even sniff the playoffs. No other division has to deal with that kind of bs for as long as the Jets,Bills, Dolphins have been.

It's a combination of the pats continuity in terms of bill/brady, but also the absolute dysfunction of those other teams front offices, it's been a turnstyle of coaches and QBs.

Farooq

Banned
20 years ago on thanksgiving, Jason Garrett lead the Cowboys to a comeback victory over Brett Favre and the Green Bay Packers. Great moment in Cowboys history.

That's my quarterback/coach. Excuse the shitty quality of the gif, best video I could find.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I didn't mean it in the sense that it was a done deal they'd win the super bowl. However everyone knows that even if they had won the 2 super bowls they lost and won again this year, everyone would still say "I beat they cheated lol". At this point its really difficult to take anyone who believes the team hahad an advantage then, as well as those who believe they continue to "cheat", seriously.

Most of it is just either fun and games and their out-card or it's genuine nuts who believe their doing some sort of service by spreading the "truth", sports bring out the worst in people.

Who is that?

tobanga mirite?

What was corey thinking? Team lauren here.

Screen+shot+2013-08-21+at+10.56.53+AM.png

They are just pig faced internet loser nerds

It's a combination of the pats continuity in terms of bill/brady, but also the absolute dysfunction of those other teams front offices, it's been a turnstyle of coaches and QBs.

I'm not solely saying that the patriots are the only reason for the rest of the AFC East's mediocrity, but look at all the other divisions. No other team has to be as perfect as the Bills/Fins/Jets (or rely on Patriots injuries) to even have a chance at a division title.

I do like the direction the Dolphins are going in and barring some last second comebacks would have a strong chance of taking the division title, but even with those last second losses, being in any other division and they'd have a great chance at a division title.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'm not solely saying that the patriots are the only reason for the rest of the AFC East's mediocrity, but look at all the other divisions. No other team has to be as perfect as the Bills/Fins/Jets (or rely on Patriots injuries) to even have a chance at a division title.

I do like the direction the Dolphins are going in and barring some last second comebacks would have a strong chance of taking the division title, but even with those last second losses, being in any other division and they'd have a great chance at a division title.

Dolphins are intimidating for sure. They wrecked the pats, albeit during their dysfunction, and they brought the broncs to the limit on the road. It's not the first time they've put it together, so we'll see if they know how to keep it that way. I actually like coach philbin, I know last year was a train wreck, but he's done some good stuff since he got there.

edit- also the pack right to the edge as well. They're young and those are standard growing pains.

Zeke

I remember her having the most amazing breasts
Still does and them legs oh lawd

Who is that?
Damn it Cajun

20 years ago on thanksgiving, Jason Garrett lead the Cowboys to a comeback victory over Brett Favre and the Green Bay Packers. Great moment in Cowboys history.

That's my quarterback/coach. Excuse the shitty quality of the gif, best video I could find.
Now post some Clint longley gifs

Forbiden

Dolphins are intimidating for sure. They wrecked the pats, albeit during their dysfunction, and they brought the broncs to the limit on the road. It's not the first time they've put it together, so we'll see if they know how to keep it that way. I actually like coach philbin, I know last year was a train wreck, but he's done some good stuff since he got there.

edit- also the pack right to the edge as well. They're young and those are standard growing pains.

If they had Moreno healthy for the game against the patriots in december, I'd be very very afraid of them. That guy seriously has the pats number. It doesn't help that the running d isn't all too good this year.

Yeah, I can only hope that Tannehill's recent play isn't a fluke and the defense's showing against the Broncos was. But its gonna be hard when one cornerback is a pro bowlers and the other is a practice squad guy with all the injuries to our secondary.

JABEE

The Patriots and Bill Belichick cheated the American public out of a fair game in the early 2000s. They disgraced the league. They were too big to fail, so the NFL propped them up like our failed banking system.

The Patriots are the epitome of evil. They are a world-destroying scourge that exists only to devour all in its wake. The NFL exists to appease their malevolent ways by putting a happy face on the actions of devils.

NFL-GAF sees beneath the facade. The mainstream media and the entirety of Europe are still the only parties holding onto these lies. It's the only way they can go on with their lives. This is our burden here in the NFL thread to carry. We must carry on in our campaign to educate the world against the evil ways of New England.

I hope this explanation will enlighten you, though, I know it is not an easy weight to carry. The price of knowledge and righteousness can be high, but Tebow will always be here to help carry the load.

Did we talk about this?

Bill Simmons, but still, facts are facts

Detroit’s offense dropped 35 on the Giants in Week 1. And then it turned into Greg Monroe: seven points in Week 2, then 19, 24, 14, 17, 24, 22, 20, 6 and 9 points last week. That’s 16.2 points per game for that 10-game stretch, the same number as the lowly Raiders and less than a point higher than Monroe’s 15.3 this season. Check out these scoring numbers since Week 2 (throwing out defensive TDs and special-teams TDs) …

Geno Smith, Mike Vick and New York’s offense: 158 points, 16 TDs

Derek Carr and Oakland’s offense: 155 points, 17 TDs

Matthew Stafford and Detroit’s offense: 146 points, 15 TDs1

Blake Bortles and Jacksonville’s offense: 144 points, 16 TDs

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
If they had Moreno healthy for the game against the patriots in december, I'd be very very afraid of them. That guy seriously has the pats number. It doesn't help that the running d isn't all too good this year.

I don't think it was Moreno, I think in both cases it was the defense. I've said it all year but Mayo was absolutely gassed. He couldn't get off blocks, his reaction time was slow, he had no lateral movement, and he was scared to commit to tackles. on top of that Vince was a major disaster, and unfortunately Chandler Jones reminded me of OSI and couldn't set the edge for his life. Akeem was a solid pickup from a place he was benched due to dysfunction, Jamie Collins has gotten healthy, and Hightower has significantly outplayed Mayo in his position. I know it's 2 lousy running teams, but they were getting trampled by anyone and everyone, making Cj.3.0 ypc look like cj2k of old. Also I think vince got some of the vitamins Suggs used to repair his achilles, because he looks like the old big vince lately.

Yeah, I can only hope that Tannehill's recent play isn't a fluke and the defense's showing against the Broncos was. But its gonna be hard when one cornerback is a pro bowlers and the other is a practice squad guy with all the injuries to our secondary.

He's played well, not amazing, but solid, and he really doesn't have much in the way of weapons. Yeah inconsitency in the secondary and the various injuries have held them back a bit. I feel bad for Wake, given how much of a monster the guy is, he just got his start too late.

Quotient

The NFL setup of divisions (though historic) seems pretty stupid, especially considering you will have a team from the NFC south in the playoff's with a negative win pct for the year.

I even find it more ridiculous that you very infrequently play a team from another conference/division. e.g the Patriots won't play the Lions again until 2018 (unless they meet in the superbowl.)

Most of it is just either fun and games and their out-card or it's genuine nuts who believe their doing some sort of service by spreading the "truth", sports bring out the worst in people.

tobanga mirite?

What was corey thinking? Team lauren here.

Screen+shot+2013-08-21+at+10.56.53+AM.png

SCREW YOU BITCH.

TOPANGA AND COREY ARE PROOF THAT TRUE LOVE EXIST. DON'T YOU DARE RUIN THAT YOU DIRTY FILTHY ANIMAL SCUMBAG!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
SCREW YOU BITCH.

TOPANGA AND COREY ARE PROOF THAT TRUE LOVE EXIST. DON'T YOU DARE RUIN THAT YOU DIRTY FILTHY ANIMAL SCUMBAG!

LOL, the only true love story in that show is Shawn and Corey... or the matthews. Alan Matthews putting that cult leader against the wall is still a great moment. Mr. Turner could've been an excellent storyline as well... but he turned into a mummy.

LOL, the only true love story in that show is Shawn and Corey... or the matthews. Alan Matthews putting that cult leader against the wall is still a great moment. Mr. Turner could've been an excellent storyline as well... but he turned into a mummy.

You are truly evil, I hope you burn in hell.

Hey guys I'm new to this sport of "football" and the "National Football League" but I want to start following it. What team should I root for?

Only one answer.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

Zeke

You got it buddy.

AstonishingFarJaguarundi.gif

Shit was before my time though.
Same here but it's one of my favorite parts of cowboys history. It was also another win against the skins and I can get behind that. Just don't post Leon Lett being a doofus and costing Dallas the thanksgiving game against the phins in 93. I still remember that so vividly. :(

Top Bottom