• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 13 |OT| California Gurls

eznark

Banned
Still picture doesn't tell the whole story. He was already in motion going for the QB and literally hit him a second after the ball was gone. No malice intended.

I didn't see the play but since it isn't on NFL.com I'm going to assume it is dirty

j-wood

eznark

Banned
#MechStrong2015

We can do this together Mech. We can pull you out of this.

Yeah, it's not a dirty play, but he should have let up, and it should have been a flag.

Bet you ass if that was Manning, Brady, or Rodgers it would have been.

Rodgers doesn't get those calls, he is too athletic :(

Hopefully now that the dreams of winning the division are damn near dead (they would have to beat the Saints in NO next week to have a chance, that ain't happening), we can stop this charade of "trying" to win football games and start planning for the future.

Let the young guys play so the next coaching staff can see who can actually play and who needs to go. Sit Cam because I'm tired of seeing the poor dude get knocked around the football field like a human pinata. Let Greg Olsen pad his stats so he can finally get a deserved Pro Bowl appearance.

Colasante

Rodgers doesn't get those calls, he is too athletic :(

Let's be real, Rodgers doesn't get those calls because he holds the ball too long and is probably to blame if he's in that situation. He may not be the NFL's golden boy like Brady or Manning, but he's still far more precious to them than almost any other player.

brentech

Still picture doesn't tell the whole story. He was already in motion going for the QB and literally hit him a second after the ball was gone. No malice intended.
I mostly agree with you. It's kind of a 50/50 call. It's not that he hit him though. qbs get shoulder shoulder chucked all the time to the ground, the real problem there is that he drove through him on a play that really looked like he could have got a QB hit and ended it there instead of riding him into the ground.

The fact that he gets his hands up to knock down the pass and still has time to bring them back down to wrap him up kind of says all you need to know.

Not dirty, but usually flagged for all those reasons. de star treatment.

that JJ watt play was the dirtiest fucking play ive ever seen in my fucking life. I'm disgusted and I want to puke because of the malice he displayed. .. Pure thuggery.

That is all

MechDX

that JJ watt play was the dirtiest fucking play ive ever seen in my fucking life. I'm disgusted and I want to puke because of the malice he displayed. .. Pure thuggery.

That is all

image.php

Still so sexy

I'd love to know why Watt has such a bizarre hard on for Metternberger.

Didn't his brother get hurt in that Wisconsin/LSU game this year?

Damn I'm nervous for today, usually we split with the jets but this year we should sweep them since we are a lot better and they really suck...but #dolphinsfootball always rears it's ugly head at the worst moments.

Damn I'm nervous for today, usually we split with the jets but this year we should sweep them since we are a lot better and they really suck...but #dolphinsfootball always rears it's ugly head at the worst moments.
I want to believe this team has turned a corner and is becoming legitimately consistent...

The past 8 games have been wins or close losses to teams with a winning record. The losses are:

Packers by 3
Lions by 4
Broncos by 3

This team has competed week in and week out so they honestly have no reason not to take care of business tonight. But, no matter how many times I say that I'm still scared. Dolphins gon' Dolphin. :(

i hope you lose :)

Bread...pls

How can we be drinking buddies if you're going to act like this? smh

I want to believe this team has turned a corner and is becoming legitimately consistent...

The past 8 games have been wins or close losses to teams with a winning record. The losses are:

Packers by 3
Lions by 4
Broncos by 3

This team has competed week in and week out so they honestly have no reason not to take care of business tonight. But, no matter how many times I say that I'm still scared. Dolphins gon' Dolphin. :(

Yeah, until they can actually finish off strong and get to the playoffs I'm always going to have that fear that they'll collapse just like all the other years when all we have to do is win to get in. Last year especially was really difficult because of who we lost to and how.

The Dolphins fans freaking out over the Jets of all teams is killing my vibe. Ya'll need to :kas out.

Dolphins have a tendency to play to their competition. We beat or content with the good teams and get beat or slaughtered by the bad teams.

Don't read Profootballtalk, but very good chance he starts. He looked a lot better then the preseason, looked more confident and decisive. Had a good zip on his ball.

Also I'm make a set of rules that everyone must follow if Manziel starts, for the sake of my sanity and respect.

eznark

Banned
kinani ‏@alkinani81 2m2 minutes ago
@Lions why can't you be more mobile, try running a few miles a day.

DXTex ‏@DXTex 34s34 seconds ago
@Lions How much does he eat when he goes to Golden Corrall?

NarrowCompetentCicada.gif

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
At this point does it make a difference who I root for?

For all I know the Bucs could storm the field and find a way to win.

You always root for your team. That's basically the only rule of fandom. Don't give up, even if you have puppy killers and foot fetishists and Geno Smith. Never quit.

Top Bottom