• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 13 |OT| California Gurls

Simmons is fucking hilarious but he really doesn't know jack shit about football. He knows his shit in basketball and I found his book a pretty good read. As for his football stuff it's just horrendous.

jakncoke

Banned
You got it buddy.

AstonishingFarJaguarundi.gif

Shit was before my time though.

20 coverage is so laughable at the end

He's played well, not amazing, but solid, and he really doesn't have much in the way of weapons. Yeah inconsitency in the secondary and the various injuries have held them back a bit. I feel bad for Wake, given how much of a monster the guy is, he just got his start too late.

He's been getting consistently better, especially compared to where he was at the end of last year and was almost benched. Yeah its a shame no one gave Wake a chance sooner, but he's getting his time and he's playing good this year too.

The NFL setup of divisions (though historic) seems pretty stupid, especially considering you will have a team from the NFC south in the playoff's with a negative win pct for the year.

I even find it more ridiculous that you very infrequently play a team from another conference/division. e.g the Patriots won't play the Lions again until 2018 (unless they meet in the superbowl.)

Its frustrating that a team from the hottest state in the country has to go up to extremely cold places like New England and New York and Buffalo every year, but its pointless to complain about it now lol.

Forbiden

Is this in reference to the tuck ball rule? I don't see how this is any different to other teams, in any sport, taking advantage of a ref's call or the specific rules of the game.

The tuck rule is but an example people use to try and ddemonstrate how the patriots cheat and are favored by the league.

Edit: that post is more talking about spygate than the tuck rule to be more accurate. While he does mention the incident versus the raiders, it's only a small portion of a post full of vitriol against the best qb in history and the best hc in history.

The Washington Redskins

lol there is really a team named that? Why would they allow such a clearly racist nickname? Why would anyone root for them?

I bet if they ever had a young african-american player they would treat him really, really poorly and ruin his career.

DMczaf

lol there is really a team named that? Why would they allow such a clearly racist nickname? Why would anyone root for them?

I bet if they ever had a young african-american player they would treat him really, really poorly and ruin his career.

And hire Raheem Morris.

They probably would make him play on one leg or something like that.

Quotient

Its frustrating that a team from the hottest state in the country has to go up to extremely cold places like New England and New York and Buffalo every year, but its pointless to complain about it now lol.

Has there ever been talk about eliminating the divisions, or at least changing them up?

JABEE

Just look at one of their once promising stars.

SqfcN0l.jpg

At least, he has a chance to make it in show business if George Clinton ever gets Parliament back on the road.

Colasante

Chandler Jones, Dominique Easley, and Cameron Fleming were all limited in today's walkthrough for the Patriots. Jones probably won't return this week, but Easley and Fleming would both be useful against the Packers, especially Fleming, since the Patriots are likely to attack the Packers more with the run.

jbug617

Banned
Chandler Jones, Dominique Easley, and Cameron Fleming were all limited in today's walkthrough for the Patriots. Jones probably won't return this week, but Easley and Fleming would both be useful against the Packers, especially Fleming, since the Patriots are likely to attack the Packers more with the run.

Aiken got a concussion from the Mosley hit at the end of the game.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

I like jones, but he needs to learn to set the edge, hopefully this doesn't become a problem.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Meh, RGIII is a diva, there's been whispers of that for a while. They definitely did him no favors by allowing him to play on that knee rookie season, but he didn't do himself any favors by losing the faith of his teammates and coaches.

He's been getting consistently better, especially compared to where he was at the end of last year and was almost benched. Yeah its a shame no one gave Wake a chance sooner, but he's getting his time and he's playing good this year too.

I actually think the opposite. I don't see why those teams get to play outside of the elements, while every other team consistently deals with this at home. Brady has always played outstanding in domes, so I guess it really works in their favor, it's just a strange thing unleveling the playing field like that.

edit-
an OLB who can't set the edge is half a player.

I completely agree, it's got me quite down on Jones. He works his ass off, but he gets hurt quite a bit, and he's lacking. He's a solid pass rusher, but not a major gamechanger, so his weaknesses really outweigh his positives. Seriously it sounds ridiculous, but the loss of Mayo and Jones have played a big role in the turnaround of the run defense.

So i moved to the states in 2010 and have developed a strong passion for American football - it probably was due to the birth of my daughter and spending many weekends at home with her with nothing but College football and the NFL on TV. Anyway, since i live in Boston i've been following the patriots and I've noticed there is this strong, even irrational, hate for the patriots on the web. Is it the patriots success the root of this, or should i stop reading ESPN comments?

I don't have a reason to hate the Patriots. Yeah, I can scream from the high heavens that Spygate took a Rams Super Bowl away, but seeing what we have become, all it would make me is a bitter, bitter asshole.

I like watching the Patriots play football. Before Aaron Rodgers, Brady was my favorite QB to watch. They are the model of consistency that every franchise would envy. There's something about them that makes them different.

Besides, I don't have time to hate teams that don't even play in the same conference.

brentech

He may be our opponent this week but God damn Rodgers is good. Why he didn't play like that against Seattle or new Orleans is still a mystery(I don't really buy the "had a pulled hamstring" excuse)

Seattle plays defense. NO played defense that game. Bears are trash. Mystery solved.

But seriously, any team that gives him either one high looks, or can't get pressure on him, he will torch them.
Seattle either got pressure was was able to create pressure because their DBs can cover and did a good job (and the Packers admitted in hindsight that their approach to challenging Sherman with just Boykin was a mistake)

The saints front 7 just beat the Packers line and were able to create pressure on him along with the Saints offense putting up points forcing the pass.

Shit happens and some teams are going to win the needed battles to prevent huge games against them. A good QB+team just try to mitigate those problems from happening game over game to their offense.

Asking why a player didn't play a certain way in a couple games is more of a mystery than the actual problem.
I just realized Stafford and I are the exact same height and weight.

Time to go on a diet.

Make sure you stay away from Kas, he might try to get dat ass

Top Bottom