• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 13 |OT| California Gurls

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
B3Zn5ZoCIAA-mJq.png

Farooq

Banned
Again Romo is fine, but let's not pretend he's a top QB all time. We all know his downfalls. Guy is a turnover machine in crucial moments. Every year is the year he "proves that wrong", but he continues to solidify that notion.

Numbers disprove this claim.

https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/2260/why-the-tony-romo-narrative-is-complete-garbage

In 4th quarter comeback opportunities, Romo has a better record than Roger Staubach. You know Staubach, the quarterback who is nicknamed 'Captain Comeback.'

Not only is he in the top 2-3 in most statistical categories that correlate with winning, he leads the league in game winning drives this year. What did he do this year that solidified that notion? What he do last year? Comeback against the Redskins with a herniated disc in his back?

It is a dumb narrative.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Numbers disprove this claim.

https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/2260/why-the-tony-romo-narrative-is-complete-garbage

In 4th quarter comeback opportunities, Romo has a better record than Roger Staubach. You know Staubach, the quarterback who is nicknamed 'Captain Comeback.'

Not only is he in the top 2-3 in most statistical categories that correlate with winning, he leads the league in game winning drives this year. What did he do this year that solidified that notion? What he do last year? Comeback against the Redskins with a herniated disc in his back?

It is a dumb narrative.

his 1-3 career playoff record and inability to even get there. Numbers don't tell the whole story I supposed. "turnover machine" may have been the wrong choice, but I remember that jets game just absolutely destroying his team, and I remember his team failing to do anything after being incredible in 07, and I remember him bobbling the field goal snap.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
In 4th quarter comeback opportunities, Romo has a better record than Roger Staubach. You know Staubach, the quarterback who is nicknamed 'Captain Comeback.' .

Matthew Stafford is better than both in terms of 4th quarter comebacks in a far shorter career span.

stafford-freak-out-fake-spike-td.gif

staff2.gif

Matthew Stafford is better than both in terms of 4th quarter comebacks in a far shorter career span.

staff2.gif

what is staffords career record against teams with a winning record? better or worse than tony's?

actually fuck this post i'm not going to defend a sorry ass cowpie. all hail lord stafford and his golden axe!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
what is staffords career record against teams with a winning record? better or worse than tony's?

actually fuck this post i'm not going to defend a sorry ass cowpie. all hail lord stafford and his golden axe!

I'm pretty surprised by the Romo defense in here. Again I think he's fine, but he's flawed and it always seems like his teams underperform at least record wise. It's not all on him, but I thought this was pretty much the consensus? Is their recent success causing people to forget so quick?

eznark

Banned
I may be jumping to concousins here because you quoted my post, but I never specifically said Rodgers had an abysmal game against the saints. I dont, however, buy that he had a pulled hamstring and that it was what affected his game that night.

What am amazing time to fake an injury.

Farooq

Banned
I'm pretty surprised by the Romo defense in here. Again I think he's fine, but he's flawed and it always seems like his teams underperform at least record wise. It's not all on him, but I thought this was pretty much the consensus? Is their recent success causing people to forget so quick?

I am curious how is Romo flawed? I am curious about how you evaluate quarterbacks.

Frankly, I think there are only a couple of ways to evaluate quarterbacks (as a fan). Film (not the TV broadcast cause you will never get the entire picture), and numbers that have a high correlation with winning.

Godslay

Banned

I don't know if they've taught the concept of greater than in 10th grade in Florida, but here goes nothing...

Let this symbol > be an alligator. If the alligator's mouth points towards the number it will eat that number. Meaning that number is greater than the other number.

For example:

1 championship > 0 championships

Which is more gator? Where is the alligator mouth pointed? Is 1 championship more than 0 championships? I'll leave that for you to figure out.

I don't know if they've taught the concept of greater than in 10th grade in Florida, but here goes nothing...

Let this symbol > be an alligator. If the alligator's mouth points towards the number it will eat that number. Meaning that number is greater than the other number.

For example:

Which is more gator? Where is the alligator mouth pointed? Is 1 championship more than 0 championships? I'll leave that for you to figure out.
But Brady has 3 championships. I know you're old and senile by now and you just shit in your Depends but come on.

Forbiden

What am amazing time to fake an injury.

Perhaps I'm not articulating my point properly or I've made contraditions in my posting. Im not necessarily saying he faked it, or that he didn't have an injury at all. In fact, in a way you guys validated my point by saying he had a good game against NO.

Let's see if I can simplify my point: I don't think Rodgers had any amazing throws (based on what little I saw of the highlights and the game) as the one in the gif I quoted (where I also praised the guy as being incredibly good), but I also don't buy the fact that it was due to the pulled hamstring, as he still had good plays in that game in lieu of it.

If I'm still wrong or being obtuse, I'd appreciate some education.

He's making fun of brady by saying he has 0 sb rings vs the 1 rings thay Rodgers and manning have.

erron definitely didn't fake that injury but with how god awful the saints are i still can't believe the packers not only lost that game but basically got blown out.

packers are basically like the saints: away from home they are trash and at home they are tough. i would still feel extremely confident going into lambeau in the playoffs though. kap owns the packers and forever owns that piece of shit stadium after he shamed erron last year by coming out sleeveless showing all those sweet tats to the thousand of racist yokels in the stands while wittle erron came out in his sweeves! its so cooowd coach!

Greg

For example:

or think of it as a finger, pointing out who mad

CSresX1.jpg

erron definitely didn't fake that injury but with how god awful the saints are i still can't believe the packers not only lost that game but basically got blown out.

packers are basically like the saints: away from home they are trash and at home they are tough. i would still feel extremely confident going into lambeau in the playoffs though. kap owns the packers and forever owns that piece of shit stadium after he shamed erron last year by coming out sleeveless showing all those sweet tats to the thousand of racist yokels in the stands while wittle erron came out in his sweeves! its so cooowd coach!
because losers wear sleeves, and winners show off their shoe collections

#swag

Godslay

Banned
But Brady has 3 championships. I know you're old and senile by now and you just shit in your Depends but come on.

I may have Alzheimers, and I may take dumps in my old man diapers. That doesn't prevent me from remembering the con job that was the early 2000's Patriots.

He's making fun of brady by saying he has 0 sb rings vs the 1 rings thay Rodgers and manning have.

Truth hurts, love stinks, yeah yeah.

Brady could lose 10 playoff games in a row and still have a better wining percentage then Manning does in the playoffs...

Tom Brady could win every playoff game from here to the end of time, but we all know that when the deck isn't stacked in his favor he can't win jack. Even in the depth of the Asterisk dynasty he wasn't the showcase. It was the roided out defense.

I may have Alzheimers, and I may take dumps in my old man diapers. That doesn't prevent me from remembering the con job that was the early 2000's Patriots.

Truth hurts, love stinks, yeah yeah.

Tom Brady could win every playoff game from here to the end of time, but we all know that when the deck isn't stacked in his favor he can't win jack. Even in the depth of the Asterisk dynasty he wasn't the showcase. It was the roided out defense.
Doesn't change the fact that Peyton is the biggest choker ever.

Tom Penny

It's hard to stack up to 8 one and dones, 1-2 in the SB with 3 TD's and 4 INT's 2 being pick sixes. Manning is simply the greatest regular season QB that zero people on earth would ever choose to win one game and if it's it's in bad weather :jnc.

Godslay

Banned
Doesn't change the fact that Peyton is the biggest choker ever.

If Peyton had Spygate backing him he probably would have won 5 fucking championships by now.

The biggest choke job ever is 18-1.

Quality of choke jobs > Quantity of choke jobs

18-1 should be an American holiday falling on August 3 where we eat turkey, drink beers, salute Eli, and teach our children the value of knowing the Heimlich maneuver.

It's hard to stack up to 8 one and dones, 1-2 in the SB with 3 TD's and 4 INT's 2 being pick sixes. Manning is simply the greatest regular season QB that zero people on earth would ever choose to win one game and if it's it's in bad weather :jnc.

Tom Brady is 0-5 in the Superbowl. Like I said 1 > 0. You can trot out all the stats and funky butt narratives you want, but Brady has never won shit without cheating.

Bread

Banned
If Peyton had Spygate backing him he probably would have won 5 fucking championships by now.

The biggest choke job ever is 18-1.

Quality of choke jobs > Quantity of choke jobs

18-1 should be an American holiday falling on August 3 where we eat turkey, drink beers, salute Eli, and teach our children the value of knowing the Heimlich maneuver.
lmao only a peyton fan could think this

Godslay

Banned
lmao only a peyton fan could think this

I'm a Bronco fan first and foremost. We had two solid decades of taking the Patriots to the cleaners with the Horseface Killer under center. Peyton Manning is a hired hand, and the Superbowl he won is not our own. Even with that being said, he won it legit. I'll back the five head mofo everyday of the week over a corrupt German mail order bride.

11-12 record in the playoffs.

Best offense ever, 8 points in the superbowl.

Best ever.

I doubt the Pats would have even scored in the Superbowl. Pete Carroll would have take a dump from 30,000 feet on your franchise. We'll never know though because that team that scored 8 points in the Superbowl kicked the dogshit out of your team when it counted in the AFCCG.

staff2.gif

Bill Simmons said:
Check out these scoring numbers since Week 2 (throwing out defensive TDs and special-teams TDs) …

Geno Smith, Mike Vick and New York’s offense: 158 points, 16 TDs

Derek Carr and Oakland’s offense: 155 points, 17 TDs

Matthew Stafford and Detroit’s offense: 146 points, 15 TDs

Blake Bortles and Jacksonville’s offense: 144 points, 16 TDs

ELITE

Losing to pre-prime Eli Manning with the most stacked, Madden fantasy team ever is worse than Peyton losing to the Seahawks.

Much much worse.
Brady put them in the lead and it took a miraculous catch for the Giants to win. Both of Brady's losses were last minute drive by the giants with the defense giving up the winning score.

jakncoke

Banned
Remember when Pats were cocky and laughed they'd only score 14 pts then ran off the field crying like lil fucking pussies when they lost to elisha

Godslay

Banned
They still had a chance to win that game. The broncos were never in the game. I guess it's the same thing.

Nice moral victory.

Fact is both teams lost, an L is still an L.

We weren't 18-0 either.

Nobody will remember the Broncos losing against the Seahawks in the grand scheme of things. Everyone will remember when the 18-0 Patriot juggernaut was neutered by the Goober.

It was and still is the prime example of how to be a cocky douche while choking on the largest scale.

MRSA

Banned
lmao

y'all arguing with Gata, that's like arguing with a wall. Well a wall is probably better looking than Gata and somehow more intelligent.

Top Bottom