• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 13 |OT| California Gurls

Perhaps I'm not articulating my point properly or I've made contraditions in my posting. Im not necessarily saying he faked it, or that he didn't have an injury at all. In fact, in a way you guys validated my point by saying he had a good game against NO.

Let's see if I can simplify my point: I don't think Rodgers had any amazing throws (based on what little I saw of the highlights and the game) as the one in the gif I quoted (where I also praised the guy as being incredibly good), but I also don't buy the fact that it was due to the pulled hamstring, as he still had good plays in that game in lieu of it.

If I'm still wrong or being obtuse, I'd appreciate some education.
So... did he fake it, or was he not hurt? Let's not beat around the bush here.

If he wasn't hurt, what do you propose was the reason he pulled up gimpy after scrambling to the sideline for a first down and limped back to the huddle? And then tried to throw without using his legs for the next quarter? Was he goofing off?

Nice moral victory.

Fact is both teams lost, an L is still an L.

We weren't 18-0 either.

Nobody will remember the Broncos losing against the Seahawks in the grand scheme of things. Everyone will remember when the 18-0 Patriot juggernaut was neutered by the Goober.

It was and still is the prime example of how to be a cocky douche while choking on the largest scale.
One of the greatest moments in the history of sports. Thank you, Elisha, you glorious goober, you.

Godslay

Banned
One of the greatest moments in the history of sports. Thank you, Elisha, you glorious goober, you.

The ODB catch the other night was an amazing physical display. Perhaps one of the greatest.

The David Tyree catch though, was basically Operation Neptune. With Eli being Dwight.

Godslay sure has been whiny and butthurt since the broncos got embarrassed by the patriots. I guess that's why he's always bringing up the past.

Congratulations on your regular season win. The same guy knocking Peyton on being the best regular season QB is now flaunting his regular season win over the Broncos? Fact is a Tom Brady lead Patriots team has never beaten the Manning led Broncos in the post season. He's 1-0 against you in the post season. You might have beaten Tebow in the playoffs, but we crushed you when it mattered.

Bread

Banned
Godslay sure has been whiny and butthurt since the broncos got embarrassed by the patriots. I guess that's why he's always bringing up the past.
Yup, just like last year when he took a "break from gaf" after the regular season loss. Dude is a bad loser and a bad winner, but talks like he's the voice of reason.

zychi

Banned
Nice moral victory.

Fact is both teams lost, an L is still an L.

We weren't 18-0 either.

Nobody will remember the Broncos losing against the Seahawks in the grand scheme of things. Everyone will remember when the 18-0 Patriot juggernaut was neutered by the Goober.

It was and still is the prime example of how to be a cocky douche while choking on the largest scale.

Being favored and losing is the same thing regardless.

Everyone will remember the Broncos losing because it adds to Peyton's false legacy that he is a great quarterback. May as well have Romo as your QB, dude never wins in the playoffs, and the one year he won a Super Bowl was a down year for the league overall. 1-2 in the Super Bowl is worse than being 18-1 with 3 Super Bowl wins.

Godslay

Banned
Yup, just like last year when he took a "break from gaf" after the regular season loss. Dude is a bad loser and a bad winner, but talks like he's the voice of reason.

I took two breaks last year. One during the time I was closing on my house, and moving my family from the house we sold to the new house we built. It just so happened to fall when I was incredibly busy at work. This was approximately from May to the start of the Broncos training camp.

The other time was when we lost the Superbowl, and I was burnt out on football understandably.

If that entails being a sore loser and bad winner then so be it, I guess I don't really care. I've always hated the Pats, that doesn't change win or lose.

Being favored and losing is the same thing regardless.

Everyone will remember the Broncos losing because it adds to Peyton's false legacy that he is a great quarterback. May as well have Romo as your QB, dude never wins in the playoffs, and the one year he won a Super Bowl was a down year for the league overall. 1-2 in the Super Bowl is worse than being 18-1 with 3 Super Bowl wins.

Or we could have just been laying goose eggs in Superbowl appearances with Cutler. I'll take what I can get!

I took a break and we won the Superbowl........

I think it's Rando's turn to sacrifice this year. CDY is doing it next year for the 3-peat. Laugh at me now, but the prophecy have been told.

P.S I'm thankful for you guys reminding me we pushed the Broncos shit in last year. God what a great year, last year was. Thank you, honestly thank you from the bottom of my heart for reminding me such wonderful and exquisite memories. 2014 has so far, been the best year for me!

zychi

Banned
I took two breaks last year. One during the time I was closing on my house, and moving my family from the house we sold to the new house we built. It just so happened to fall when I was incredibly busy at work. This was approximately from May to the start of the Broncos training camp.

The other time was when we lost the Superbowl, and I was burnt out on football understandably.

If that entails being a sore loser and bad winner then so be it, I guess I don't really care. I've always hated the Pats, that doesn't change win or lose.

Or we could have just been laying goose eggs in Superbowl appearances with Cutler. I'll take what I can get!
We're not talking about Jay, you were talking about Brady v Manning

I'd honestly not make the Super Bowl then be gutted like Peyton was last year.
Safety on the first snap?
Blown out by Russel Wilson?
The Best QB of all time doesn't do that. He's a regular season QB may as well have Romo on your team.

Godslay

Banned
I took a break and we won the Superbowl........

I think it's Rando's turn to sacrifice this year. CDY is doing it next year for the 3-peat. Laugh at me now, but the prophecy have been told.

Seriously.

What are we supposed to do after the Superbowl from the time to the draft starts? Sit in here and yell 'You People'! at Gata?

I'll take the knock of being called a sore loser to doing something different until football rises from last year's ashes.

We're not talking about Jay, you were talking about Brady v Manning

I'd honestly not make the Super Bowl then be gutted like Peyton was last year.
Safety on the first snap?
Blown out by Russel Wilson?
The Best QB of all time doesn't do that. He's a regular season QB may as well have Romo on your team.

That's a loser's mentality.

I'd take the chance of being rejected by the hottest chick in the room 99 times out of 100, if I got one chance to take her home. Yet, if you don't even get to be in the room with her you don't even get that chance. Much like Jay.

zychi

Banned
Seriously.

What are we supposed to do after the Superbowl from the time to the draft starts? Sit in here and yell 'You People'! at Gata?

I'll take the knock of being called a sore loser to doing something different until football rises from last year's ashes.

That's a loser's mentality.

I'd take the chance of being rejected by the hottest chick in the room 99 times out of 100, if I got one chance to take her home. Yet, if you don't even get to be in the room with her you don't even get that chance. Much like Jay.
Hitting on a girl in a room is not the same as being embarrassed in front of the second largest tv audience in the world. While also killing any chance of being crowned the greatest QB of all time because he was too lazy to change his audible calls.
You can have your TD, passing, and other dumb regular season records. But if you're going to criticize the Patriots 18-1 in a close game, that was won because of a miracle catch, you should step back and realize how bad the Broncos really looked.

Peyton and the Broncos getting demolished on national tv in one of the worst blowouts of a Super Bowl ever is worse than 18-1. Pats didn't get embarrassed, Broncos did.

Hitting on a girl in a room is not the same as being embarrassed in front of the second largest tv audience in the world. While also killing any chance of being crowned the greatest QB of all time because he was too lazy to change his audible calls.
You can have your TD, passing, and other dumb regular season records. But if you're going to criticize the Patriots 18-1 in a close game, that was won because of a miracle catch, you should step back and realize how bad the Broncos really looked.

Peyton and the Broncos getting demolished on national tv in one of the worst blowouts of a Super Bowl ever is worse than 18-1. Pats didn't get embarrassed, Broncos did.
It was the second worst blow out. The first is also held by the Broncos.

Godslay

Banned

Fine, I'll strip out the fluff and explain it to you in laymen's terms.

I would take the chances of losing the Superbowl 99 times of 100, if we were able to enjoy the glory of winning that 1 Superbowl. The hottest girl in the room was an analogue to the Superbowl championship.

It also wasn't the first time that the Broncos had been blown out in the Superbowl. The Niners, Giants, and Cowboys did it as well. I'll take those losses every single day of the week, in order to have a chance to feel the glory that the 97 & 98 Superbowl winning teams brought us.

I think Manning's numbers are great for him. As a Bronco fan it's nice to see him break some of these records. In the grand scheme of things all I want is Superbowl victories, and I don't care who is under center to do it or what records they have.

Since he's a Bronco, I'll defend him. But being blown out in a Superbowl is not the same thing as an undefeated team being beat by a vastly inferior underdog team on paper. In fact I can't think of a greater choke off the top of my head. Maybe the Russian loss to the USA hockey team? Or the Russian wrestler who lost to Rulon Gardner? You have to go to that scale to even compare it really.

zychi

Banned
Fine, I'll strip out the fluff and explain it to you in laymen's terms.

I would take the chances of losing the Superbowl 99 times of 100, if we were able to enjoy the glory of winning that 1 Superbowl. The hottest girl in the room was an analogue to the Superbowl championship.

It also wasn't the first time that the Broncos had been blown out in the Superbowl. The Niners, Giants, and Cowboys did it as well. I'll take those losses every single day of the week, in order to have a chance to feel the glory that the 97 & 98 Superbowl winning teams brought us.

I think Manning's numbers are great for him. As a Bronco fan it's nice to see him break some of these records. In the grand scheme of things all I want is Superbowl victories, and I don't care who is under center to do it or what records they have.

Since he's a Bronco, I'll defend him. But being blown out in a Superbowl is not the same thing as an undefeated team being beat by an vastly inferior underdog team on paper. In fact I can't think of a greater choke off the top of my head. Maybe the Russian loss to the USA hockey team? Or the Russian wrestler who lost to Rulon Gardner? You have to go to that scale to even compare it really.

You mean not accomplishing a feat no one has ever done at 19-0 is as bad as the Russians losing to a team of nobodies in hockey?

I guess you live in some weird reality where the Broncos didn't break every record the Pats set the year of 18-1, and had "the best QB of all-time" get punched in the gut the second the Super Bowl started.

Godslay

Banned
Doesn't change the fact that Peyton is the biggest choker ever.

This is what you said.

Talking about the patriots choking doesn't change anything about Peyton

I'm arguing that while Peyton has had his share of choking, he's not the biggest choker. That title is reserved for Tom Brady and his 2007 New England Patriots. That was a choke of epic proportions. Can anyone name a choke that is bigger?

You mean not accomplishing a feat no one has ever done at 19-0 is as bad as the Russians losing to a team of nobodies in hockey?

I guess you live in some weird reality where the Broncos didn't break every record the Pats set the year of 18-1, and had "the best QB of all-time" get punched in the gut the second the Super Bowl started.

They should have won that game. Plain and simple. They were favorites, a true David versus Goliath. Pats gargled the balls of the Giants.

The Broncos of last year were a human team. They lost 3 times that season. Them going to the Superbowl with that powerful offense, was not the same as going into the Superbowl 18-0, and being cocks about it. No matter how you want to paint it.

Patriots7

This morning the thread lacked any Patriots hate. Didn't feel natural.

Thanks for restoring the natural order of things.

Does Green Bay actually use their tight ends? I'm struggling to remember who replaced Finley.
If Browner/McCourty can hold down Nelson and Revie shadows Cobb, who'd Rodgers turn to? Devontae Adams?

eznark

Banned
This morning the thread lacked any Patriots hate. Didn't feel natural.

Thanks for restoring the natural order of things.

Does Green Bay actually use their tight ends? I'm struggling to remember who replaced Finley.
If Browner/McCourty can hold down Nelson and Revie shadows Cobb, who'd Rodgers turn to? Devontae Adams?

psu-andrew-quarless-iowajpg-82b16aacf80177bf_large.jpg

Godslay

Banned
Is losing one game worse than being called the greatest ever and not even having a winning record in the playoffs?

I guess it depends on your bias.

Brady has lost two when he didn't have an advantage to inferior teams on paper. He's lost three via illegitimacy. Like I told your homey Tom, you could pile up all the playoff wins from here to the end of time. The fact remains that in the hearts and minds of the real Patriots across this great land of the United States of America Peyton Manning winning 1 Superbowl in 3 chances is greater than losing all 5 either to cheating or being worked over by Eli.

It's amazing how the view of a team changes when they cheat. I used to look at the Pats in the same way as I do the Browns. A lovable loser, who you want to rise to glory someday when your team is down. Possibly a respectable foe, who that if you lose to, you would be a gracious loser to. Yet, all the credit went out the window. It's too bad really. Drew Bledsoe wasn't a bad guy as Sanjuro would testify.

bionic77

Hope everyone has a great holiday.

Remember to not make a rookie mistake and bring your skinny or tight fitting jeans to the Thanksgiving table. 2 sizes too big or sweatpants. Also don't make the mistake of inviting Pats fans to your dinner. They will get drunk and when it is time to give thanks they will freak everyone out when they thank Satan that there are no black people at the table.

Fuck shopping on Thursday night. Watch football and spend time with your family your losers!

Godslay

Banned
Maybe our team will get crippled again and you guys will get an easy win this year too.

The Broncos were just as banged up. As we've argued ad nauseam. If you want to use those injuries as an excuse be my guest. The Broncos list was just as long with equivalent playmakers.

I might add that if Tom Brady is so great in the playoffs why didn't he carry his team against the Broncos? Why is this a knock against Peyton?

ShaneB

Hope everyone has a great holiday.

Remember to not make a rookie mistake and bring your skinny or tight fitting jeans to the Thanksgiving table. 2 sizes too big or sweatpants. Also don't make the mistake of inviting Pats fans to your dinner. They will get drunk and when it is time to give thanks they will freak everyone out when they thank Satan that there are no black people at the table.

Fuck shopping on Thursday night. Watch football and spend time with your family your losers!

Glad I took the next couple days off. Will be great to watch football and relax.

Edit.. It's a great sports weekend altogether.

Godslay is right, as usual. Patriots fans are blinded by bias but the rest of us can't simply ignore the cheating that assisted the Pats to their three SB "wins." I would feel the same way about any team regardless of their conference or division.

When B&B are gone most of my hatred for the Pats will be as well. It'll be nice to see the franchise start fresh and break away from the current taint that stains their existence, even if they remain a solid contender.

The Broncos were just as banged up. As we've argued ad nauseam. If you want to use those injuries as an excuse be my guest. The Broncos list was just as long with equivalent playmakers.

I might add that if Tom Brady is so great in the playoffs why didn't he carry his team against the Broncos? Why is this a knock against Peyton?
What's Peyton's excuse for only scoring 8 points with the best scoring offense ever?

bionic77

Glad I took the next couple days off. Will be great to watch football and relax.
My November was hell and looking at my calendar December looks just as bad so I am going to enjoy these 4 days.

I gotta say being fat and lazy must be pretty awesome based on my limited sample size during Thanksgiving.

Top Bottom