• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 13 |OT| California Gurls

zychi

Banned
It's going to make like 2 billion dollars and then a bunch more because of merchandise. I'm going in expecting to be very entertained instead of seeing the sci-fi version of the Godfather (some people think the Godfather is a bad movie too though).

I'm not sure what some people want exactly. I think the vast majority will be thoroughly entertained.

It can't have a character like Jar Jar, and it cant be as boring and plain as Star Trek into Darkness.

I don't care who the characters are in the film, as long as they entertain like the cartoons have done.

zychi

Banned
I have a Nexus 7 for both myself and one for my wife.

Just ordered the Amazon Fire 7 HDX for my mom. Amazon has a little more locked down version of android where Nexus is wide open. Hopefully I won't be on call tech support for the tablet like her laptop.

can you sideload lollipop onto a amazon fire 7?

zychi

Banned
via reddit:

qnaU0GH.jpg

ShaneB

Was hoping Nightcrawler was still playing, but guess I'll just see Hunger Games. Didn't plan on it so soon since I've read the book, but nothing else starting right now. 4 people here!

Colasante

Chandler Jones listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Packers, along with Dominique Easley, Cameron Fleming, Dan Connolly, and Brandon LaFell. I sort of hope they hold Jones out and let him continue to get healthier, but I certainly won't be disappointed if he does play.

Weirdly, Sealver Siliga wasn't on the injury report at all despite returning to practice after being on IR-Recall. I don't know what that means, but it would be nice if he was healthy enough to return.

this_guy

Any of you guys use or know about these Amazon Fire tablets? Thinking about getting one today.

I have last year's 7" Kindle Fire HDX. Prior to that I had the Nexus 7 and I prefer the Kindle Fire HDX. Better screen and slightly better battery life. You don't get Google's services and apps, but all I want on my tablet is web browsing, watching movies, Facebook, and fantasy football. For these tasks the Fire HDX is better, and being able to download Amazon Prime movies seals the deal.

Chandler Jones listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Packers, along with Dominique Easley, Cameron Fleming, Dan Connolly, and Brandon LaFell. I sort of hope they hold Jones out and let him continue to get healthier, but I certainly won't be disappointed if he does play.

Weirdly, Sealver Siliga wasn't on the injury report at all despite returning to practice after being on IR-Recall. I don't know what that means, but it would be nice if he was healthy enough to return.
I think Jones comes back after the chargers game.

So they found that Rice didn't mislead Goodell so that means he's reinstated and the severity of the abuse, additional video, and public outcry isn't grounds to adjust the original suspension.

Okay, Judge, okay.

JABEE

So they found that Rice didn't mislead Goodell so that means he's reinstated and the severity of the abuse, additional video, and public outcry has no influence in the matter?

Okay, Judge, okay.
It's more like Goodell already had enough information to suspend him for what he did the first time, but he didn't. The video becoming public doesn't give you the right to suspend again. Goodell flubbed the first suspension. I think Goodell and company tried to conceal and suspend for as little as possible hoping that the issue would go away.

You can't suspend someone twice for the same thing when Rice didn't lie about what he did to his fiancé. The Commisioner made it up. He didn't ask for 2nd video either. Rice never said "slap" in the NFL meeting based on notes.

It's obvious that the NFL's Personal Conduct Policy is about covering things up and protecting the league's image.

brentech

It's obvious that the NFL's Personal Conduct Policy is about covering things up and protecting the league's image.
that is 100% the entire point of the PCP. Protect the shield and all that. I don't believe they have ever pretended otherwise.

But yea. They mishandled everything.

JABEE

And the NFLPA agreed to it
That's true. It doesn't change that Goodell lied about being mislead by Rice. The details were clear and the video was available. It only makes you question the integrity of their discipline system. Do certain players get the cover-up treatment while others are burned? Do certain teams get away with doing things if the truth would mean the league would be under fire?

The NFLPA lost their last CBA battle by a lot, but that doesn't mean the public shouldn't be able to question the fairness and logic of Goodell and the NFL.

Top Bottom