• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 13 |OT| California Gurls

Glover Quin scoffs at Bears trying to pad stats late in loss

-PFT

Caldwell allegally decided against running up the score against the Bears like the Pats did against us which led to the Raoila incident. Raoila (Center) got the game ball after the Bears game for his 200th start but IMO it was also a show of support from the coaching staff and a finger to Belichick.

Just beat the Packers on Sunday and all will be forgiven New England.
You do know the only reason the patriots went for the touchdown is because the lions dirty ass player hit the center illegally on the field goal.

eznark

Banned
The Packers got shit on by the Saints. Every elite team has been blown out by a team. Getting blown out by the Packers at Lambeau isn't something to be so negative about. The Packers are a great team.

What are they saying about the Eagles on NFLN? I'm not watching.

Really comparing the packers saints game to the packers eagles game? Did you kas it that week?

JABEE

Really comparing the packers saints game to the packers eagles game? Did you kas it that week?

You're right. That was a blowout. I still don't know what the context of the NFL Network comments were? If they were saying the Eagles are going to win the Super Bowl, then you are right.

What I'm saying is that the Eagles have played well against good teams. They are 9-3. They deserve some respect. They aren't as good as the Packers. They aren't as good as the Broncos. They probably aren't as good as the Patriots. What I really want to know is what did NFL Network say about the Eagles?

I didn't watch it. The Eagles blew out a divisional rival at home in a huge national game. I'm not sure why you want to take the Eagles down a peg? If it has something to do with them saying the Eagles are Super Bowl bound, then you are right.

I also think that if the Eagles matched up against the Packers again, the results may have been different, but the Eagles showed up to play at Lambeau and were embarrassed. Hats off to Rodgers and the Packers.

Slo

So now that I'm going to have a console again, I need a gaming podcast to keep me up to date on the industry. Just one. Not fifteen. Preferably one hosted by adult men who pay their own bills and know they're playing with children's toys, not somebody who's going to jerk off into my ear about games being an "art form."

Anything that fits the bill?

eznark

Banned
Slo, idle thumbs is not for you friend. Frankly I'm shocked it's for anyone but Shane in this thread. It's gotten awful.

Player One Podcast, when Mik is on, is the only good one left.

You're right. That was a blowout. I still don't know what the context of the NFL Network comments were? If they were saying the Eagles are going to win the Super Bowl, then you are right.

What I'm saying is that the Eagles have played well against good teams. They are 9-3. They deserve some respect. They aren't as good as the Packers. They aren't as good as the Broncos. They probably aren't as good as the Patriots. What I really want to know is what people on the NFL Network said that you disagree with?

I didn't watch it. The Eagles blew out a divisional rival at home in a huge national game. I'm not sure why you want to take the Eagles down a peg? If it has something to do with them saying the Eagles are Super Bowl bound, then you are right.

I also think that if the Eagles matched up against the Packers again, the results may have been different, but the Eagles showed up to play at Lambeau and were embarrassed. Hats off to Rodgers and the Packers.

No it's more about how they have gone back to totally buying into Sanchez as The Answer and talking about this dominant eagles defensive line.

bionic77

Gaming doesn't have enough news for a podcast. Plus gaming journalists are as trustworthy as the Pats and Ravens front office.

Isn't it obvious by now what games are good?

Ez to be fair, they did it for the Packers after they blew out two shit teams.

Granted Rodgers and the Packers offense is better than the Eagles but this is just how it goes.

Patriots7

Chandler Jones listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Packers, along with Dominique Easley, Cameron Fleming, Dan Connolly, and Brandon LaFell. I sort of hope they hold Jones out and let him continue to get healthier, but I certainly won't be disappointed if he does play.

Weirdly, Sealver Siliga wasn't on the injury report at all despite returning to practice after being on IR-Recall. I don't know what that means, but it would be nice if he was healthy enough to return.
Siliga hasn't been activated to the roster despite practicing today, so they don't have to list him on the team's injury reports.

Easley is perpetually injured. *sigh*

eznark

Banned
Ez to be fair, they did it for the Packers after they blew out two shit teams.

Granted Rodgers and the Packers offense is better than the Eagles but this is just how it goes.

Packers have yet to be completely uncompetitive. And Rodgers playing well isn't an outlier. Sanchez.....

Slo

Gaming doesn't have enough news for a podcast. Plus gaming journalists are as trustworthy as the Pats and Ravens front office.

Isn't it obvious by now what games are good?

I honestly haven't been following it all for the last 2-3 years. I assume I should buy anything from Blizzard or Valve, that Halo still sucks, EA is still the devil, CoD players want to are delightfully racist, and Nintendo games are for man babies.

That cover it?

I'm worried about the game. I think the Eagles match up well though. The Eagles have been burned by teams with stud WRs that can stretch the field. The Eagles have been great against the run.

What concerns me most is that the Seahawks defense is healthy and producing turnovers? I'm happy we are playing at home. Sanchez is going to be under fire. Also, your safeties and LBs are great in pursuit/tackling. This is the game where the Eagles can prove themselves.

Getting blown out once by the Packers is just one game.

I think Sanchez is going to be really motivated for this game. The last time he played us... we wrecked him hard. He had like 120 yards 1 INT via Richard Sherman, and ended up with like a 40 passer rating.

JABEE

Slo, idle thumbs is not for you friend. Frankly I'm shocked it's for anyone but Shane in this thread. It's gotten awful.

No it's more about how they have gone back to totally buying into Sanchez as The Answer and talking about this dominant eagles defensive line.

Sanchez is not the long term answer. I don't buy that. Also, the Eagles defensive line has been fantastic this season. They had a tough game against the Packers and everything that goes into playing at Lambeau, but they're a really good defensive line that doesn't benefit from having a great secondary. The Eagles have a pretty bad secondary. The Eagles front seven is the key to the Eagles defense.

The Eagles corners had no chance against Rodgers with the way that Davis planned to beat your team. I'm really happy the Eagles were able to contain the Cowboys passing attack. The Eagles also managed to beat Luck as well with QB pressure and the help of some illegal contact.

The game against the Packers was also the first time the Eagles have been burned on special teams all season. Everything collapsed after that. The Eagles turned the ball over for the rest of the game. It was a mess.

Also, when Rodgers is in Lambeau and his offensive line has the ability to hold D-linemen, he will make your team look foolish. Rodgers can also throw on the run with more accuracy than most QBs can throw with stepping into their passes in the pocket.

The same thing happened to the Eagles last season in Denver before they basically won out the rest of their games. The Eagles have moved on. Some of their toughest challenges are coming up over the next two weeks. I think the Eagles are a really good team. My biggest worry is Sanchez and our secondary. The Packers should still be favored if the Eagles ever play against them in the playoffs.

bionic77

I honestly haven't been following it all for the last 2-3 years. I assume I should buy anything from Blizzard or Valve, that Halo still sucks, EA is still the devil, CoD players want to are delightfully racist, and Nintendo games are for man babies.

That cover it?
I am pretty sure everyone on the internet is racist, it isn't just COD.

EA does blow.

No idea about Halo. Have not played it since OG Xbox.

And Nintendo is for people with intelligence and good taste. You need to buy a 3DS and buy Fire Emblem now.

Honestly if you need real opinions just ask us in this thread. We are better than any podcast or gaming site.

JABEE

Packers have yet to be completely uncompetitive. And Rodgers playing well isn't an outlier. Sanchez.....

You are right about the Saints game. It wasn't the same as the dismal performance the Eagles put up against the Packers, but it's still one game. One game in Lambeau, in the cold, and on a shortened week. Rodgers played against the Saints indoors.

Sanchez is a backup. He's never going to be a top QB. GB was also his second full NFL game in two seasons. I know I'm making excuses. I know the Packers will always have an edge against the Eagles as long as our secondary is the way it is. Everything else, I think the Eagles are better than they showed in that blowout.

eznark

Banned
You are right about the Saints game. It wasn't the same as the dismal performance the Eagles put up against the Packers, but it's still one game. One game in Lambeau, in the cold, and on a shortened week. Rodgers played against the Saints indoors.

Sanchez is a backup. He's never going to be a top QB. GB was also his second full NFL game in two seasons. I know I'm making excuses. I know the Packers will always have an edge against the Eagles as long as our secondary is the way it is. Everything else, I think the Eagles are better than they showed in that blowout.

Not sure what your point is about the Saints game? They didn't get outplayed, they got outposessioned. Two tipped interceptions was the difference, not a huge talent gulf and one team laughing the other off the field. Even if you believe what that lunatic Patriots fan said and that Rodgers wasn't really injured, that game was hardly uncompetitive, unless you only look at the scoreboard.

If the Packers turn the ball over they won't beat anyone. Their defense is shit.

The Eagles never got off the plane in Green Bay.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

That cover it?

You should just start your own podcast.

ShaneB

Eh?

Haven't listened to a gaming podcast in ages. My favs were basically Retronauts and PC gamer(uk), which is now crate and crowbar.

I
Otherwise I am always in to shit on Tom Brady.

kttcolitakedat

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Help is on the way!

Adam Schefter ‏@740JZD 9m9 minutes ago

Received a text stating that Ray Rice is currently at the Steelers facility in Pittsburgh.

Not the actual Adam Schefter

bionic77

Help is on the way!

Adam Schefter ‏@740JZD 9m9 minutes ago

Received a text stating that Ray Rice is currently at the Steelers facility in Pittsburgh.

Not the actual Adam Schefter
Maybe Tomlin or one of the players wives was getting out of hand?

JABEE

Not sure what your point is about the Saints game? They didn't get outplayed, they got outposessioned. Two tipped interceptions was the difference, not a huge talent gulf and one team laughing the other off the field. Even if you believe what that lunatic Patriots fan said and that Rodgers wasn't really injured, that game was hardly uncompetitive, unless you only look at the scoreboard.

If the Packers turn the ball over they won't beat anyone. Their defense is shit.

The Eagles never got off the plane in Green Bay.

The Eagles turned the ball over plenty against the Packers at the end. The Packers game was the only game the Eagles have played this season that wasn't competitive. They played the Niners and Cardinals extremely tight. The Eagles were one yard away from beating the Niners and Cards.

The Eagles have been turning the ball over consistently and finding ways to win. I don't even know why I'm arguing. I agree with every point you're making about the Eagles except the defensive line.

I think the Eagles offense can put points up on any team. The Eagles finally have their O-Line healthy and can lean on Shady, Sproles, and Polk. I think they deserve the praise they get. The Cowboys weren't a better team than the Eagles when you factor in coaching. Almost everyone picked Dallas to win against the Eagles at home. People shouldn't get carried away, but I think the Eagles are a playoff contender. This team is better than the team that blew their playoff game against the Saints in last season's Wild Card round.

zychi

Banned
2007- Running it up: Belichick, Pats take no prisoners

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=3084539&src=desktop

2009- Belichick broke code by running up score

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/10024142/17803341

Quit bitching. Theyre professional athletes getting paid millions of dollars. Make a stop. If you can't stop the other team, maybe someone else should have your job. Pats ran it up against the Bears. Good. If you can't stop the other team, you don't deserve to be on the field.

zychi

Banned
For as much as their online gets shit on here, it always has worked for me. Can't say the same for 900p alliance.

Nintendo's network dies whenever a new game comes out that people want. So once a year. Really nothing putting any pressure on their network yet.

TheFatOne

Doesn't he focus mostly on post game analysis?
Yup. He does a segment every Tuesday on a Boston sports radio station. He breaks down what he sees from the all 22 of pats games. I find him to be generally solid, and he isn't afraid to shit on godell which is a plus. I disagree with him philosophically on some things but overall I think hes good.

Sucks that I have to wait potentially another 20 hours until my internet is at full power. I'm having packet loss due to a bad cable box that's getting fixed. They say it takes up to 24 hours to fix but it can be done in less time. I just wanna go back to playing Smash Bros online again.

I'm kind of sad Seattle didn't run up the score on the Broncos in the SB or the 49ers/Cards last two weeks!

All 3 of them we had the ball in the redzone in the 4th and basically ran the ball straight up the middle with our backup RB asking to get tackled! This is not the Pete Carroll I'm used to!!!!

MRSA

Banned
Somehow I ended up with the most kills in this CoD match. Did all the 12 year olds get their PS4s taken away or do only olds play on PS4?

Top Bottom