• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 13 |OT| California Gurls

Me and my brother are cooking for 15 people and there will be no Turkey. I'm guessing that's different.

I'm going to be angry when Quarless or whatever random TE has like 180 yards against the Pats...

That's different enough, what are you replacing the Turkey with?

Me and the wife were throwing the idea around to do A Christmas Story ending type deal. We go to a Chinese restaurant, pig out, and then bring the leftovers home and not worry about cooking and cleaning. It turns out to be way cheaper than buying all the ingredients were planning on Ham, Turkey, Potato Salad, Desserts and Drinks. Kung Pao, Orange Chicken, Beef Broccoli and some Sizzling Rice Soup instead sounds good. I can pick up some Pies from Costco.

I do make a mean Honey Pineapple Ham though, so I would miss that.

jamon-con-pina.jpg

Damn that looks good, I did the Chinese route last year for Christmas...worst mistake I ever made. The food was fine but it took hours to get the food.

For T-day it's usually just my sister, my dad and I watching football all day. I would cook a small turkey and all the regular side dishes. But this year we decided to just do completely different meals.

I'm doing Garlic-Lemon double stuffed chicken, stuffed cheese ravioli with pesto sauce, mashed potatoes with chorizo and strawberry salad and for desert my sister is making strawberry short cakes. I'm making everything from scratch so we'll see how it turns out! If I ruin it I have some frozen pizzas lol

Fantomex

That's different enough, what are you replacing the Turkey with?

Damn that looks good, I did the Chinese route last year for Christmas...worst mistake I ever made. The food was fine but it took hours to get the food.

For T-day it's usually just my sister, my dad and I watching football all day. I would cook a small turkey and all the regular side dishes. But this year we decided to just do completely different meals.

I'm doing Garlic-Lemon double stuffed chicken, stuffed cheese ravioli with pesto sauce, mashed potatoes with chorizo and strawberry salad and for desert my sister is making strawberry short cakes. I'm making everything from scratch so we'll see how it turns out! If I ruin it I have some frozen pizzas lol

That sounds delicious. Since I'm still not working, I think I might just make the dishes and avoid going out for chinese. After all, I seem to have a lot of free time. The kids seemed bummed at the prospect of me not cooking, and it hits me in the feels. Dude if you ruin it, head on over to Albertsons and Ralphs, they'll be open until 4 pm. That Deli side will have Fried Chicken meals going on all day :) Thats my back up.

Would Katy Perry be considered hot if she had small breasts?

Speaking of which, any ETA on when they hack into her cell phone and leak those pics?

What kind of shit awful hypothetical is this? We should ask how much hotter she'd be if she had an amazing ass instead.

ShaneB

After listening to the Dave Dameshek pie-off podcast, I am craving a wonderful pie to eat on Thursday to join the fun.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
After listening to the Dave Dameshek pie-off podcast, I am craving a wonderful pie to eat on Thursday to join the fun.

This week's Comedy Bang Bang, in addition to Tears for Fears and Reggit Watts, has PFT as the "Pie Minister" (arch enemy of Cake Boss).

ShaneB

Pecan wins for a reason. It is the king of all pies

Hard to argue with that as a fellow lover of pecans. Perhaps that will be my rare sweet tooth indulgance. Or at least pecan ice cream or something.

This week's Comedy Bang Bang, in addition to Tears for Fears and Reggit Watts, has PFT as the "Pie Minister" (arch enemy of Cake Boss).

Never listened to that podcast, sounds like it was a fun one!

Slo

Now, I'm not a guy that likes to deny a pair of yoga pants her pumpkin spiced latte, but when you spoon that shit into a pie crust you've gone too far.

Slo

Xmas man!!! Tamale, Posole heaven

Christmas is the worst holiday. Awful food. Awful music. Awful decorations. Awful weather. And over the top pressure for me to spend money on people and things that I don't want to.

Pumpkin pie > Christmas.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Pumpkin and Pecan are weaksauce anyway.

Hot apple pie is where it's at.

Not surprised Slo hates Christmas since only someone who hates Christmas could tolerate scrotum slashing.

MRSA

Banned
Pumpkin anything is only good for 1 round. 1 slice of pumpkin pie, thats it. 1 bottle of pumpkin ale, done.

Are you a fucking commie? Thanksgiving is one of the best days of the year.

Just calling it like I see it.

kanye-shrug1.jpeg

People don't seem to get as excited for Thanksgiving anymore. They would rather get ready to go throw down with some soccer moms at Walmart over a Xbox One instead.

Top Bottom