• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 13 |OT| California Gurls

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Was craving some dessert and I find ice cream to be the best calorie to taste investment for late night snack splurging.

Went to HEB and came back with this:

Breyers-Gelato-Triple-Chocolate-with-chocolate-curls.jpg

Good stuff.

Furyous

Who are the consensus top QBs in college football right now? I know about Jameis, Mariotta (RG3 1.25), and Hundley but after that it's murky.

Logan Thomas is cool but we need a glue guy to solidify the position in case he falters. Drew isn't the answer long-term. Arson is okay but I'm unsure if he'll return to his 2014 form. WHY IN THE SHIT DID WE SIGN HIM TO A $50 MILLION EXTENSION? <-- Yes, I'm mad, moving on...

Before I go, JFF is still a distraction.

I formally rescind my trade offers that start with used launchpads and instead request Xbox Ones. This dude has character flags all over the place. Someone needs to set him straight. Goodell must lecture him for two hours or something.

Syrinx

Who are the consensus top QBs in college football right now? I know about Jameis, Mariotta (RG3 1.25), and Hundley but after that it's murky.

Logan Thomas is cool but we need a glue guy to solidify the position in case he falters. Drew isn't the answer long-term. Arson is okay but I'm unsure if he'll return to his 2014 form. WHY IN THE SHIT DID WE SIGN HIM TO A $50 MILLION EXTENSION? <-- Yes, I'm mad, moving on...

Before I go, JFF is still a distraction.

I formally rescind my trade offers that start with used launchpads and instead request Xbox Ones. This dude has character flags all over the place. Someone needs to set him straight. Goodell must lecture him for two hours or something.

This QB class seems really iffy to me personally. Mariota is the only one I would consider as a potential future franchise QB, but only in the right offense.

As for others, there's Bryce Petty and Sean Mannion, but they're more mid-round guys. Here's a list of draft-eligible QBs.

LJ11

I'm a huge Malzahn fanboy, I love what he fucking does, I watch Auburn a ton because of him and only him. It's also the same reason why I watched a ton of Clemson, their O talent helped too. Morris ran a bastardized version of Malzahn's O, but it was nowhere near as good. He's new age power run football, along with Chip obviously, but I think Malzahn's a bit different. So much misdirection, more so than Oregon O.

I think the big question is what they have to do when they have to throw. Greg Robinson and Tre Mason are so raw in the passing game that it does make me wonder how much he'd have to adjust

Legit concern, but teams just stack the box so often they give them chances outside 1 on 1. QB has to make the bucket throws like Marshall is doing tonight. You go back a few years when Cam was playing in the Iron Bowl and Bama stuffed the run cold. Cam comes out in the second half, nails two deep balls and the game turned on a dime. Can also blame Mark Barron for taking terrible angles.

I just love watching Malzahn's O, would pay to watch his team play. Just fun football. Can be frustrating when it gets shut down though, all this motion and misdirection for a 2 yard loss. O is like Barry Sanders, -2, -3, 2, 4, 40, 2, -3, 45, 20... you get the point. When it's rolling though, it's fun to watch.

SEC Headquarters praying that Alabama wins this game and doesn't get knocked out of the playoff.

It's been sooooooo long since an SEC team hasn't played for a title.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Alabama losing would be hilarious. Only the SEC left out of the playoffs? That's going to cause some chaos. Anything short of a 16 team playoff seemed questionable anyway.

I don't like any of these quarterbacks in this coming up draft. Jameis is like a 4th round pick at best.

Had this tonight

GetImage.aspx

That sounds....interesting.

eznark

Banned
I'm a huge Malzahn fanboy, I love what he fucking does, I watch Auburn a ton because of him and only him. It's also the same reason why I watched a ton of Clemson, their O talent helped too. Morris ran a bastardized version of Malzahn's O, but it was nowhere near as good. He's new age power run football, along with Chip obviously, but I think Malzahn's a bit different. So much misdirection, more so than Oregon O.

Legit concern, but teams just stack the box so often they give them chances outside 1 on 1. QB has to make the bucket throws like Marshall is doing tonight. You go back a few years when Cam was playing in the Iron Bowl and Bama stuffed the run cold. Cam comes out in the second half, nails two deep balls and the game turned on a dime. Can also blame Mark Barron for taking terrible angles.

I just love watching Malzahn's O, would pay to watch his team play. Just fun football. Can be frustrating when it gets shut down though, all this motion and misdirection for a 2 yard loss. O is like Barry Sanders, -2, -3, 2, 4, 40, 2, -3, 45, 20... you get the point. When it's rolling though, it's fun to watch.

Like most Big Time college offenses it feels too reliant on speed and athleticism to me. The talent gap just isn't big enough at the NFL level between offense and defense like it is in most college games. I mean, these are two of the best teams in the country and there are receivers running 15 yards open. Hard to judge what he is doing against such incompetence.

Though, kelly is able to get guys ten yards of space in the NFL so who knows.

Watching this Smash stream going in on Sonic Boom lol. Damn is it that bad lol. The last Sonic game I really enjoyed was Unleashed though. I understand the grip about the Warehog stages though but it was still pretty fun.

WedgeX

Banned
This steam sale is going to kill my wallet. Europa Universalis IV, Endless Legend, Prison Architect, Kinetic Void and maybe even This War of Mine....got dang.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Jet Set Radio is $2.50. Do I spend the time reliving my childhood? Does it enter the backlog, never to be seen again?

Also, saw the Penguins of Madagascar with my nephews earlier today. I was severely disappointed.

LJ11

Like most Big Time college offenses it feels too reliant on speed and athleticism to me. The talent gap just isn't big enough at the NFL level between offense and defense like it is in most college games. I mean, these are two of the best teams in the country and there are receivers running 15 yards open. Hard to judge what he is doing against such incompetence.

Though, kelly is able to get guys ten yards of space in the NFL so who knows.

I don't know what kind of coach Malzahn would be in the NFL, or even if he wants to coach in the NFL, but it would be fun to watch him try it in the bigs. Won a NC with a monster QB and mediocre O talent outside of their quick/fast runningbacks. They put up huge numbers, had to with the way Auburn's D plays.

Chip had a great OL when he got to the Eagles, great back, good WR talent. Takes a lot of work to build an NFL team, lots of variables.

You don't like Carr?

Admittedly, I've watched a bunch of Raiders game this year, I don't see anything special about him to be honest, but he doesn't have much around him. Are the QBs in this draft better than Carr, that's the real question. You need high caliber QB play in this league, just the way it is. This mediocre QB shit rarely gets you to the top, you have to get lucky or have a monster D.

Jameis has been trash for long stretches, I thought he was going to be the next big thing, was sure of it last year, now who knows... Need a QB.

Top Bottom