• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 13 |OT| California Gurls

andthebeatgoeson

CxPt4Xq.png

It3naIx.png

Ry3ymHE.png

There's only two games at 4pm tomorrow. I know that everyone here on NFL-GAF will be glued to their television screens in order to watch New England @ Green Bay Arizona @ Atlanta tomorrow afternoon in a battle of division leaders!
Like seriously. They should have put the Atlanta game at
1pm. I guess redzone will just be new England and green bay

The fact that people are still acting like the AFC North is some juggernaut and that their records aren't all artificially inflated by playing the NFC South amuses me.
They've flipped the causation for those interdivisional results.
The AFCS isn't winning all of those games against the NFCS because they are so great but because the NFCS is so terrible.

Happy to see the Ginger King is blessing us with another thread and that Noodle has found his way back from the wilderness.

giphy.gif

Happy Sunday

What happened to Rando?
Hasn't posted for a bit, missed two Hawks game. Didn't post during thanksgiving, and hasnt commented in the shirtless league. Also hasn't called me a slut :/

notes
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh is "all but certain to be coaching elsewhere next season."
This isn't new news by any means, as FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reported the same last month. But the 49ers are 7-5, while Colin Kaepernick has been regressing instead of taking steps forward this season. It's fairly clear that Jed York, Trent Baalke, and Harbaugh can not all coexist in San Francisco. Signed through 2015, Harbaugh will likely either be traded or outright fired. There'll be no shortage of suitors despite his controlling ways. CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora mentions DL coach Jim Tomsula, DC Vic Fangio, and Broncos OC Adam Gase as potential Harbaugh replacements. Major turnover is on the horizon in San Fran.
#firePhilbin
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports four teams, including the Colts and Saints, have "looked into signing" free agent Ray Rice.
The other two teams weren't identified. The Colts have been mentioned as a possibility since Rice won his appeal Friday. However, the Saints are a new team, though we don't really see a fit. Running back is one of the deepest positions on New Orleans' squad, and Rice isn't worth the trouble. We'd guess Rice's odds of suiting up this season are far less than 50:50. He looked done in 2013.
Thuggery

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Marshawn Lynch will consider retirement following the season.
Per Rapoport, Beast Mode contemplated walking away after the Super Bowl title last year. RapSheet continues to insist the Seahawks will cut Lynch in the offseason thanks to his inflated salary and "their desire to rework the locker room around Russell Wilson." Lynch may make the decision for them, but one way he may keep playing is if OL coach Tom Cable gets a head-coaching job. The two are extremely close, and Cable loves the power run game. Lynch will turn 29 in April.
Action

The fact that people are still acting like the AFC North is some juggernaut and that their records aren't all artificially inflated by playing the NFC South amuses me.
They've flipped the causation for those interdivisional results.
The AFCS isn't winning all of those games against the NFCS because they are so great but because the NFCS is so terrible.

Happy to see the Ginger King is blessing us with another thread and that Noodle has found his way back from the wilderness.

giphy.gif

Happy Sunday
It really sucks for the Dolphins because they can't win the division (Pats never lose) and those mediocre AFCN teams are hogging the wildcard spots. Wouldn't surprise me if a 10-6 team doesn't make it.

Greg

It really sucks for the Dolphins because they can't win the division (Pats never lose) and those mediocre AFCN teams are hogging the wildcard spots. Wouldn't surprise me if a 10-6 team doesn't make it.
today they will, friend

jk, Pats are dropping 50 on this defense

This will be the first true cold-weather game Cam has played in his football life.

Grew up and played his high school ball in Georgia.
Played his college ball in the SEC with a short pitstop in JuCo in Texas

And the way the schedule has always broken in the NFL, he's played all of the cold weather teams either at home or on the road in September.

Will be interesting to see how he responds. My gut tells me not great, but we will see.

Slo

Is there a kart racer on the PS4 yet? My kids love Mario Kart on the Wii, and I'm looking for game ideas for 13 y/o and 8 y/o girls.

He's delusional about the Lions in general.
Apparently, in Kas's reality, the Lions have an infinite amount of money, and everyone on the team is a selfless, team-loving, bring his lunch bag and hardhat player, who don't mind taking less money to remain on a losing franchise.

Restore the roar.

Welcome.

Who's your team?
Do you like the Patriots?
Is Matthew Stafford elite?

I'm a little late on this.

I am from Maine, so I am an evil Patriots fan and have been since 1996 (how yah doing Sanjuro, Gatta, Dutch)!

Stafford is not elite.

The Patriots should have two Superbowls, I think the Tuck Rule game should have knocked the Patriots out that year. For the other two, I've always had a hard time buying into the extent of "Spygate". Other teams were clearly doing it at the time as well or there would have been more outrage by teams and the NFL.

cajunator

Banned
Sorry cajun, I'm cheering for a 5-11 NFC South winner if that's still possible.

Its entirely possible but Im sure one of the teams will get their shit together at the end just in time to lose a dozen draft spots.

You'll be leading the NFCS with 5 wins after today! No more Brees can't play on the road after today! No more NFCS patsies after today!

:(

Why do you believe that the Steelers will lose?

Top Bottom