• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 13 |OT| California Gurls

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm making next weeks thread, fyi.

That's hot.

I've escaped from Gata's basement.

That's hot!

It really sucks for the Dolphins because they can't win the division (Pats never lose) and those mediocre AFCN teams are hogging the wildcard spots. Wouldn't surprise me if a 10-6 team doesn't make it.

You're not!

I think instead of bitching about how awesome the AFC North is you instead look at your bitch ass, thug ass, creampuff team that choked away a few games they should have won. Maybe it's time to think "gee if my team didn't choke like fucking dogs we wouldn't be in this position and we'd be totally in control of our destiny".

Just a thought.

The fact that people are still acting like the AFC North is some juggernaut and that their records aren't all artificially inflated by playing the NFC South amuses me.
They've flipped the causation for those interdivisional results.
The AFCS isn't winning all of those games against the NFCS because they are so great but because the NFCS is so terrible.

Happy to see the Ginger King is blessing us with another thread and that Noodle has found his way back from the wilderness.

giphy.gif

Happy Sunday
The Steelers are 1-1 vs the NFC South right now. Our record isn't inflated by playing your division. We are, however, 4-0 vs the AFC South.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
That's hot.

That's hot!

You're not!

I think instead of bitching about how awesome the AFC North is you instead look at your bitch ass, thug ass, creampuff team that choked away a few games they should have won. Maybe it's time to think "gee if my team didn't choke like fucking dogs we wouldn't be in this position and we'd be totally in control of our destiny".

Just a thought.

Kave with his claws out early today.

Sonic was always terrible

Thank you for speaking the truth. I never understood the fascination. It was a very mediocre platformer.

You're not!

Just a thought.
Who pissed in your Canadian knockoff Cheerios this morning? I'm always complaining about the Dolphins folding when it really matters, but it's stupid to act like the AFCN has had a tough road to their current records. I wonder what the Browns record would be if they had to play the AFCW and NFCN like the Dolphins?

End of the day you're right, you play who's on your schedule. Doesn't mean I'm not allowed to complain once in awhile at something this obvious.

Jerk.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
No one's stopping you from complaining but don't expect like no one isn't going to respond to it.

Once in a while though? You've complained about this at least two times I can remember.

brentech

Not a fan of these guys lobbying for Rice to get a job back saying that he isn't a bad person, he just had a bad night.

How do they really know that for sure? Maybe just say he should get a second chance it leave out all the BS about how good of a guy he is. What was caught on tape might have been exactly who he is.

eznark

Banned
^ ESPN?

That's hot.

That's hot!

You're not!

Just a thought.

I like this Kave. Did your Packer fan girlfriend steal your login?

Slo

Not a fan of these guys lobbying for Rice to get a job back saying that he isn't a bad person, he just had a bad night.

How do they really know that for sure? Maybe just say he should get a second chance it leave out all the BS about how good of a guy he is. What was caught on tape might have been exactly who he is.

Want the NFL death penalty for breaking the laws? Christ, half the league would be done. Have you seen the Harvard/Yale game? Is that what you want?!?!

No one's stopping you from complaining but don't expect like no one isn't going to respond to it.

Once in a while though? You've complained about this at least two times I can remember.
Didn't realize there was a specific measure of time associated with "once in awhile". Twice in a season seems to fit.

Look man, I'm happy for the Browns. I hope they make the playoffs and win the SB if the Dolphins can't. I'm just a little frustrated because I feel like the Dolphins are better than they have been in a very long time, but they've had a rough path playing GB, Detroit, Denver, KC, San Diego, NE, and the Bills twice.

Of course, if you're a good enough team you take care of enough of those games to make it in regardless. I realize that. Not trying to complain so much as make an observation.

Tom Penny

Just a thought.

That was the Dolphins last year but they couldn't handle the mighty Bills or Jets to get in the playoffs.

cajunator

Banned
Some interesting Saints rankings

Offense
Yards per drive- #1
Plays per drive- #1
Yards per play- #2
Points per drive- #4
3rd down efficiency- #1
Time of possession per drive- #2
Drives per game- 32nd (This is the number of drives the offense gets each game).
Starting Field position- 32nd (This is where the defense and special teams give the ball back to the Saints offense which is worst in the NFL)

Defense
Yards per drive- 32nd
Plays per drive- 29th
Points per drive- 32nd
3rd down efficiency- 32nd
Time of possession per drive- 32nd
Opponents starting field position- #2 (This is where the offense and special teams leave the ball for the defense to defend which is 2nd best in NFL).

Well damn Kave

The Steelers are 1-1 vs the NFC South right now. Our record isn't inflated by playing your division. We are, however, 4-0 vs the AFC South.

The Steelers also have a propensity for losing to garbage teams. They are probably the only squad in the division that wishes they weren't playing the NFCS this year.

@AdamSchefter
One NFL source convinced Raiders are the favorite to trade for HC Jim Harbaugh, but Jets also known to be keeping a close eye on situation.

cajunator

Banned
Also over the last 3 games teams are converting 58.7% of 3rd down attempts and 80% of 4th down attempts against the Saints defense

That has got to be pretty high up there in historically bad defenses. Basically, always go for it on fourth down because youll get it.

cajunator

Banned
Guys my imac shipped!

In other news fuck all of your teams!

Steelers will definitely choke today so I already hate all of you.

Steelers will not choke today. Even if they play down to us, theres no way all the talent on that team wont lift yall above us even if its close. We dont have the horses.

bionic77

Steelers will not choke today. Even if they play down to us, theres no way all the talent on that team wont lift yall above us even if its close. We dont have the horses.
We got crushed by the Jets.

Your coach is really smart and will make Tomlin and co look dumber than usual.

Your team is garbage and your coach is smart. We always lose to these teams.

What desk will you place it on?
Have not decided.

Between penis desks and glass abominations there are too many choices.

jakncoke

Banned
It really sucks for the Dolphins because they can't win the division (Pats never lose) and those mediocre AFCN teams are hogging the wildcard spots. Wouldn't surprise me if a 10-6 team doesn't make it.

Are all afc east fans bitch ass whiners? fucking pussies. wanna make the playoffs, lose less ffs. Not my problem that we got a favorable schedule.

Konka

Banned
We got crushed by the Jets.

Your coach is really smart and will make Tomlin and co look dumber than usual.

Your team is garbage and your coach is smart. We always lose to these teams.

Have not decided.

Between penis desks and glass abominations there are too many choices.

Oh just go to IKEA.

Are all afc east fans bitch ass whiners? fucking pussies. wanna make the playoffs, lose less ffs. Not my problem that we got a favorable schedule.
All you guys are getting pissy because you know your teams have benefited from an easy schedule. Take the Dolphins out of the conversation and it's still just a simple fact. Not sure why it's so hard to admit.

Fantomex

That's hot.

That's hot!

You're not!

Just a thought.

And to think I would stick up for you :'(

Who pissed in your Canadian knockoff Cheerios this morning? I'm always complaining about the Dolphins folding when it really matters, but it's stupid to act like the AFCN has had a tough road to their current records. I wonder what the Browns record would be if they had to play the AFCW and NFCN like the Dolphins?

End of the day you're right, you play who's on your schedule. Doesn't mean I'm not allowed to complain once in awhile at something this obvious.

Jerk.

Fight the good fight!

I don't want complete garbage.

No thanks.

IKEA furniture can never be moved after its built. Falls apart and shows its build quality. Other than that they sell good stuff.

cajunator

Banned
I don't want complete garbage.

No thanks.

You know, when I was in Maryland there were lots of open markets and such things and that included lots of old furniture that still looked very clean and beautiful and classy and didnt break the bank. If I had had a trailer I would have bought one of the French desks to use as a computer desk. Right now Im using an ancient cheap piece of shit embarrassment of a desk that is sagging in places due to age and warping. You can find some really great beautiful furniture used and theres no shame in doing so is my point.

Godslay

Banned
I'm a little late on this.

I am from Maine, so I am an evil Patriots fan and have been since 1996 (how yah doing Sanjuro, Gatta, Dutch)!

Stafford is not elite.

The Patriots should have two Superbowls, I think the Tuck Rule game should have knocked the Patriots out that year. For the other two, I've always had a hard time buying into the extent of "Spygate". Other teams were clearly doing it at the time as well or there would have been more outrage by teams and the NFL.

The army of Mordor grows stronger.

jakncoke

Banned
All you guys are getting pissy because you know your teams have benefited from an easy schedule. Take the Dolphins out of the conversation and it's still just a simple fact. Not sure why it's so hard to admit.

being a lil viram and fox, darkest. cry more about it not being fair you cant participate in the 2014 owl playoffs

Colasante

I hope that Jim Harbaugh does not go to New York. It could be fun to see him in Oakland. That being said, the 49ers roster was extremely talented when he got there and the only players he seemed to really coach up, at least from the outside, were the QBs. Until this season, obviously. It would be interesting to see what Harbaugh can do with a mostly talent-deficient roster like the Raiders.

BigAT

M-A-R-Y-L-A-N-D, MARYLAND WILL WIN!

Who's watching? BigAT, I know you are!

Note: Jerseys looking good today.

What an absurd game. The difference between the two halves is still stunning to me today. I think getting that touchdown right before halftime (which came only as a result of MD roughing the kicker and extending the drive) was incredibly important as it made the idea of a comeback slightly more realistic and caused them not to give up hope. Then the big kickoff return to start the second half maintained the momentum. Biggest comeback win ever for Rutgers, a great way to end the season.

I really hope this eventually turns into a good rivalry eventually. I generally like Maryland (although fuck Edsall) and it would be nice to have someone we can be competitive with locally that didn't have institutionalized pedophilia for a decade.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Bills D gonna give Hoyer fits today. 100 incompletions today, but 100 years of prosperity!

Justin Gilbert out today

It's a game that could go either way, but whichever teams wins it's going to be a blowout. There is no middle ground with either of these teams this year.

I'm a little late on this.

I am from Maine, so I am an evil Patriots fan and have been since 1996 (how yah doing Sanjuro, Gatta, Dutch)!

Stafford is not elite.

The Patriots should have two Superbowls, I think the Tuck Rule game should have knocked the Patriots out that year. For the other two, I've always had a hard time buying into the extent of "Spygate". Other teams were clearly doing it at the time as well or there would have been more outrage by teams and the NFL.

371785e0a17f2eba20e978e369050971.gif

I'm so sorry. At least you're at least from where your team is unlike certain posters in this thread.

(Anyone else notice the subtle shade towards that ignorant slut Bread?)

being a lil viram and fox, darkest. cry more about it not being fair you cant participate in the 2014 owl playoffs
Keep attacking me and avoiding the point. Classic tactic when you know you're wrong.

You guys are being little bitches. If I was in your place I'd be glad to admit the schedule helped my team out.

eznark

Banned

Well we did get to play the laughable Lolphins, so it checks out!

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Keep attacking me and avoiding the point. Classic tactic when you know you're wrong.

You guys are being little bitches. If I was in your place I'd be glad to admit the schedule helped my team out.

You play the Jets twice, the Jags, Bears Vikings and the Bills. How the fuck are you still whining about having a hard schedule? Our teams have winnable schedules and we're just not getting it done. Bottom line.

Top Bottom