• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 14 |OT| Best In The World

Colasante

Revis Island: Last 6 games, Cutler, Manning, Luck, Stafford, Rodgers, Rivers were 10 of 37 for 149 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs (30.3 rating).

Pay the man.

For context, Patrick "best cornerback in the league" Peterson gave up 8 receptions for 171 yards and a touchdown to Matt Ryan and Julio Jones last week.

So shipped broken Xbone out that Microsoft shipped me, looks like me and Msoft still beefing. Hope to have it back next week, also that interface is turrible. Hope they design a new one in an update
Grossi said that Manziel didn't get to the game until 2 hours before kickoff, which probably explains why Pettine never considered a switch.

e: ESPN Insider from Sando, postulates that Baalke's guy to replace Harbs could be Eric Mangini. Worked together before. Sando says there is 0% chance Harbs is back (duh)

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/stor...fl?ex_cid=InsiderTwitter_Sando_HotSeatCoaches
You don't have to report to the building until 2 hours before the game. Some players just come early. I thought we had this quit reading grossi convo before?
#FreeBae

Fox318

uitxYDW.jpg

At least 10,000 of these will be at the jets home game.

The team has no passion right now. Seems like everyone is sabotaging one another. There are few players playing with any type of fire; Gore, Justin Smith, Borland, Hyde, Boldin. That is really it.

It seems a lot of them know it's a lost year and have packed it in. The playcalling is cheeks, but even then Kap has looked frustrated and easily rattled. Since the Rams game his fundamentals have been absolute garbage. Talent wise this is a top 5 squad, but it just isn't clicking right now.

I think a lot of it has to do with all the internal distractions and media going in on them. Harbaugh almost got traded, suspensions, injuries, Jed York tweeting after Thanksgiving, the team is just out of sync and reeks of garbage. It sucks we are going to lose one of the best coaches in the league over it.

It's posts like these that illustrate just how spoiled 49ers fans are.

Niners are bad because the offense can't hold onto the ball like it once did and the defense doesn't have the talent to cope with constantly being trotted onto the field. This wasn't an issue when the Niners were the healthiest team in existence and Frank Gore wasn't washed up.

Fundamental football goes a long way. Just ask Pete Carroll, who people will be shitting on in the same way when Marshawn Lynch leaves or falls off a cliff.

Doomsayer

It's posts like these that illustrate just how spoiled 49ers fans are.

Niners are bad because the offense can't hold onto the ball like it once did and the defense doesn't have the talent to cope with constantly being trotted onto the field. This wasn't an issue when the Niners were the healthiest team in existence and Frank Gore wasn't washed up.

Fundamental football goes a long way. Just ask Pete Carroll, who people will be shitting on in the same way when Marshawn Lynch leaves or falls off a cliff.

What about my post was spoiled? I said the team is in shambles right now. The defense has been hurt and talentless all year, yet we were still in the top 5 in most statistical categories.

For the record, I don't want Harbaugh gone. The talent is there on both sides of the ball, but we need someone to cohesively put it together. The offensive playcalling has gone away from what made us dangerous - a creative running game and a vertical attack in the passing game. Now all of our runs are telegraphed either up the middle or the left, once in while we have Iupati pull. All of our throws are short 5-10 yards. That isn't what made this team hard to defend during the Super Bowl run. They have also neutered Kap to never run.

What about my post was spoiled? I said the team is in shambles right now. The defense has been hurt and talentless all year, yet we were still in the top 5 in most statistical categories.

For the record, I don't want Harbaugh gone. The talent is there on both sides of the ball, but we need someone to cohesively put it together. The offensive playcalling has gone away from what made us dangerous - a creative running game and a vertical attack in the passing game. Now all of our runs are telegraphed either up the middle or the left, once in while we have Iupati pull. All of our throws are short 5-10 yards. That isn't what made this team hard to defend during the Super Bowl run. They have also neutered Kap to never run.

I think teams have gotten wise that the way to stop Kap is to spy him and take away the deep ball..Dare him to beat you in the short-mid areas consistently. Couple that with a battered offensive line that can't generate any type of push consistently for our rushing attack and you have a neutered offense.

One thing I'll never understand is that throughout Harbaugh/Roman's tenure, we have never been good at redzone offense. I mean we're terrible this year but I can't think of a single Harbaugh year where the redzone offense was actually ok to good. It's kinda always been an achilles heel. The usual ingredients to succeed in the redzone are a solid power running game and a pass catching TE (say what you want about VD's hands but under Singletary, he was a red zone threat) This is kinda in contrast to the Singletary years where the offense couldn't move the ball a lick but whenever they got in the redzone, it was pretty much an automatic TD.

Using words like "passion" stick in my craw. These guys are highly paid professionals. Sure there are exceptions, but to imply the team is paying poorly because they just don't give a shit is silly fan theory.

As I said, Niners aren't good because their fundamentals are lacking. Their run game has deteriorated, putting extra stress on Kaepernick who at best was a one read QB. The decreased possession time has put stress on the defense, who despite having depth never had to be on the field this long previously and as such are decimated with injury.

This is why Harbaugh is soon to be OOL - his philosophy of team running has not bore fruit. The ironic part is that the Niners nemesis the Seahawks won a Super Bowl with the same approach, but hey.

bionic77

Pay the man.

For context, Patrick "best cornerback in the league" Peterson gave up 8 receptions for 171 yards and a touchdown to Matt Ryan and Julio Jones last week.
He won't get paid by the Pats. They don't believe in such things.

But this will lead to him getting paid by someone else.

Using words like "passion" stick in my craw. These guys are highly paid professionals. Sure there are exceptions, but to imply the team is paying poorly because they just don't give a shit is silly fan theory.

As I said, Niners aren't good because their fundamentals are lacking. Their run game has deteriorated, putting extra stress on Kaepernick who at best was a one read QB. The decreased possession time has put stress on the defense, who despite having depth never had to be on the field this long previously and as such are decimated with injury.

This is why Harbaugh is soon to be OOL - his philosophy of team running has not bore fruit. The ironic part is that the Niners nemesis the Seahawks won a Super Bowl with the same approach, but hey.

Similar but one huge difference

Harbaugh- Run the ball/Stop opposition from running the ball.
Carroll- Run the ball/ Stop opposition from passing the ball.

see5harp

I don't believe any of the "coaches told Kap not to run." Teams are just doing a much better job of keeping him from doing that. There are less opportunities and since he's not effective at passing and the o-line is in shambles there's no team that will ever respect his arm. He has shit vision and shit pocket presence so he then takes a ton of sacks. I like Fangio but Harbaugh has always been a whiny bitch. His whole strategy for winning is sound but incredibly boring. Keep quarterback from making mistakes by running the ball and rely on defense and field goals.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So Dalton played well and the Bengals still got slaughtered. How does that happen? What the fuck happened in that game? I went into the mall at half time.

Ike Taylor benched himself and the Steelers defense suddenly looked a million times better. Also, the Bengals defense got mowed over by David DeCastro.

TheFatOne

Pay the man.

He's so damn good. It's insane just how smooth Revis is. Keenen Allen at points yesterday looked completely defeated.
He won't get paid by the Pats. They don't believe in such things.

But this will lead to him getting paid by someone else.

Pats are going to lock him up. He's too good. They won't let a player like him leave.

Rumor has it thatTomsula is a frontrunner has Harbaugh's replacement. I don't get why ownership loves these fiery rah rah personality coaches. I mean don't get me wrong, Tomsula has been great as D- Line coach but he's not going to fix the offense.

Doomsayer

I guess I see what you're saying, but when I see VD run a route at half speed when he is the first read it makes me wonder. Our Oline has honestly been one of the worst in the league, way too many injuries and no cohesion. With protection Kap looks good (what a crazy thought!), problem is we just don't get it anymore. When Jonathan Martin is your RT you've got problems.

The Seahawks have been a better version of the 49ers since the second half of 2012. It's a winning formula when the right pieces of are in place.

I don't believe any of the "coaches told Kap not to run." Teams are just doing a much better job of keeping him from doing that. There are less opportunities and since he's not effective at passing and the o-line is in shambles there's no team that will ever respect his arm. He has shit vision and shit pocket presence so he then takes a ton of sacks. I like Fangio but Harbaugh has always been a whiny bitch. His whole strategy for winning is sound but incredibly boring. Keep quarterback from making mistakes by running the ball and rely on defense and field goals.

They admitted to it last year, referring to telling Kap not to run. We have no backup QB so we don't want to put him in harms way more often than we should. Problem with that though, that's what makes him dangerous. Even when he rolls out he doesn't look to run, he looks to pass. I don't have a problem with that, but it seems when he can get 5-7 yards scrambling he throws the ball away.

He just makes stupid decisions.

MechDX

Jags bloggers downplaying Watt s game on Twitter. Yeah he only had 3 sacks and numerous hits and TFLs.

We should trade him now

Tamanon

Banned
Jags bloggers downplaying Watt s game on Twitter. Yeah he only had 3 sacks and numerous hits and TFLs.

We should trade him now

To be fair, 2 of the sacks were pretty cheap ones that almost any other player would make. He's still a great player, that wasn't his best game.

Also, when are you going to stop being his PR firm?

MechDX

To be fair, 2 of the sacks were pretty cheap ones that almost any other player would make. He's still a great player, that wasn't his best game.

Also, when are you going to stop being his PR firm?

Jags chose Gabbert over Watt. Let's laugh at true comedy. PFF had him scored only a +1.4....he is now dead to me.

I guess I see what you're saying, but when I see VD run a route at half speed when he is the first read it makes me wonder. Our Oline has honestly been one of the worst in the league, way too many injuries and no cohesion. With protection Kap looks good (what a crazy thought!), problem is we just don't get it anymore. When Jonathan Martin is your RT you've got problems.

The Seahawks have been a better version of the 49ers since the second half of 2012. It's a winning formula when the right pieces of are in place.

They admitted to it last year, referring to telling Kap not to run. We have no backup QB so we don't want to put him in harms way more often than we should. Problem with that though, that's what makes him dangerous. Even when he rolls out he doesn't look to run, he looks to pass. I don't have a problem with that, but it seems when he can get 5-7 yards scrambling he throws the ball away.

First off, everybody has the worst everything.

Second, I think Russell is a smarter and better QB than Kaepernick, and keeps his eyes downfield as a rule, but I also feel that his entire style (and the read option as a whole) is predicated on a sound running game. When Lynch was floundering and the Seahawks had to perform without him the entire team looked cooked, including Russ.

He had a foot injury last year during those games he wasn't allowed to run. They've been calling some design runs for Kap in the last few games. Having said that, I do think he's trying to make a concerted effort to make plays with his arms rather than his feet. But for the most part teams now are just spying him better and dropping into deep coverage to take away the deep throws.

eznark

Banned
First off, everybody has the worst everything.

Second, I think Russell is a smarter and better QB than Kaepernick, and keeps his eyes downfield as a rule, but I also feel that his entire style (and the read option as a whole) is predicated on a sound running game. When Lynch was floundering and the Seahawks had to perform without him the entire team looked cooked, including Russ.

Smarter, better, blah blah blah, the important thing that Wilson does is stays calm and tries to keep plays alive. Kaep panics and bails, then chucks it or keeps it. That first play of the game yesterday is Krappernick in a nutshell.

LJ11

Grossi said that Manziel didn't get to the game until 2 hours before kickoff, which probably explains why Pettine never considered a switch.

e: ESPN Insider from Sando, postulates that Baalke's guy to replace Harbs could be Eric Mangini. Worked together before. Sando says there is 0% chance Harbs is back (duh)

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/stor...fl?ex_cid=InsiderTwitter_Sando_HotSeatCoaches

They mentioned this during the game, that he showed up at 11, but JFF said that's his usual routine. His head is firmly planted in snatch, dude has to wake up.

Top Bottom