• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 14 |OT| Best In The World

Wait, do Steelers fans really believe this?

Since you know so much about the Steelers cap, care to tell me where they've mismanaged it? The only player that had a restrictive deal (Lamarr Woodley) is off the team. Paying his salary has not restricted the Steelers from paying any other player.

Wait, do Steelers fans really believe this?

If by mismanaging the cap you mean drafting and signing bad players, then yes, that's what they've done. Used to be just the draft killing them, but this year they signed a bunch of worthless FAs to go with them. Moats was the only half decent pick up they made. And they fucked up by giving great money to Cortez Allen who sucked and then somehow got hurt while riding the bench.

Big Ben needs a new deal after this season and Bell will need one after next, going to be interesting to see how that all shakes out.

RBH

Hmm.... Nope. My dream of a sub-500 NFC South is stronger than my dislike of the Packers.

ibcowI5Lg5CElL.gif

Seanspeed

Banned
Owner got sick of him sitting out of camp demanding more money. Pats are gonna have an issue with him next year. He is set to get paid $20 mil and if Revis is cut he is gonna go to the highest bidder.
I don't think Pats have too many huge salaries to pay, though. Brady took a pay cut, Gronk probably gets paid big, but who else? The Hernandez thing still hurts, but I think they're in good shape to keep Revis if they feel he's worth it.

Colasante

Since you know so much about the Steelers cap, care to tell me where they've mismanaged it? The only player that had a restrictive deal (Lamarr Woodley) is off the team. Paying his salary has not restricted the Steelers from paying any other player.

I'm no expert, but I do believe having one of the worst cornerbacks in football, Ike Taylor, take up almost $8 million in cap space is problematic, as is Woodley accounting for $5.6 million and Willie Colon $4.3 million in dead money. I just assumed Steelers fans felt their cap space was restrictive so I was surprised to see you think otherwise, I certainly don't know as much about the situation as fans of the team.

I don't think Pats have too many huge salaries to pay, though. Brady took a pay cut, Gronk probably gets paid big, but who else? The Hernandez thing still hurts, but I think they're in good shape to keep Revis if they feel he's worth it.

Everything I know about Bill Belichick's Patriots tells me this will never happen.

I'm no expert, but I do believe having one of the worst cornerbacks in football, Ike Taylor, take up almost $8 million in cap space is problematic, as is Woodley accounting for $5.6 million and Willie Colon $4.3 million in dead money. I just assumed Steelers fans felt their cap space was restrictive so I was surprised to see you think otherwise, I certainly don't know as much about the situation as fans of the team.

See, I consider "mismanaging" as something that prevents the Steelers from carrying on their normal operations. Ike's contracts is not prohibiting any other player from being paid their salary. That's mismanagement of a cap.

If you want to argue that the Steelers have been paying shit players, that's another thing entirely. "Mismanaging the cap" is from the same wheelhouse as "this team has no passion" - empty words used by fans that always know better.

TheFatOne

Owner got sick of him sitting out of camp demanding more money. Pats are gonna have an issue with him next year. He is set to get paid $20 mil and if Revis is cut he is gonna go to the highest bidder.

People keep saying this, but I doubt it's going to be an issue. Pats know they have to sign Revis long term for any chance of winning a super bowl. There might be some noise, but he's going to get locked up.
Revis and McCourty are the two big ones, but they should be able to sign both.

LJ11

Revis is the reason that D is playing the way it is, and he never lost form he was just playing in TB with shit coaching.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=943306 -< 19
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=939289 - < 14
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=934897 - < 28

I still love you, but from 28 to 14? 50% BRO!

YERRRRP..

=)

See you in a few weeks!

Yea but the PI gave us like 30-40 yards? We still needed another 40 yards. The botch punt put you into the red zone where you had to convert on 4th down. I don't think you go for that 4th down on your own 30. Either way... w/e. We bird bros and 9-4 bros now!
Haha I bet money that 28 was padded by video game discussion and other non-football stuff. I usually make a post for the new thread before a game is played and then I make a post-game post usually the next day but it depends on if I'm out of town or not. Anything more requires someone posting something that compels me to make a comment. Or perhaps level of boredom ;P

If I have my way, Eddy Lacy will have a monster game (fantasy) but the Packers still lose so the Cards are uncontested in the NFC. I'll happily settle for Lacy having a great game and the Packers winning though.

Haha I bet money that 28 was padded by video game discussion and other non-football stuff. I usually make a post for the new thread before a game is played and then I make a post-game post usually the next day but it depends on if I'm out of town or not. Anything more requires someone posting something that compels me to make a comment. Or perhaps level of boredom ;P

Yea probably. Most of my post aren't even NFL stuff... just fucking with ya.

Paul Allen sent a couple men in suits to his home.

People are wrong about Seattle we aren't thugs, we the fucking MOB!

TheFatOne

Revis is the reason that D is playing the way it is, and he never lost form he was just playing in TB with shit coaching.

That's the reason why the Pats are going to sign the beast. They know he's the reason why the defense is good this season. They might pinch pennies when it comes to a player like Tommy Kelly, but not one of the best players in the NFL regardless of position. The way Tampa played him last season was a travesty. They tried to hide their bullshit by saying he wasn't 100%. Pats early on also made the same mistake, but they have corrected that the second half of the season. He still plays zone, but he's playing man mostly now.

Yea probably. Most of my post aren't even NFL stuff... just fucking with ya.

Paul Allen sent a couple men in suits to his home.

People are wrong about Seattle we aren't thugs, we the fucking MOB!

Nobody posts about Football in here! It's all Milana and Fatford/Fatman with Tacos picks.

JABEE

It's funny how something like the Browner call happens to the Patriots, and now ESPN and National Pundits are scrambling to pick apart the call and lobby for rule changes.

Is it safe to say that Paul Pierce is The greatest basketball player of the last decade?

Wait, what happened?

Brandon Legion of Boom'ed a motherfucker and the refs flagged him because they thought it was helmet to helmet. They just aren't used to a real man delivering hits anymore.

Colasante

It's funny how something like the Browner call happens to the Patriots, and now ESPN and National Pundits are scrambling to pick apart the call and lobby for rule changes.

It was a national primetime game, an egregious penalty, and it directly led to 7 points being taken off the board. Do you really believe the outrage is only because it happened to the Patriots? People have been decrying horrible officiating for every flag, every game, for the past five or so years, since the NFL became concerned about the concussion lawsuit and overcompensated with their officiating directives.

Tom Penny

That's the reason why the Pats are going to sign the beast. They know he's the reason why the defense is good this season. They might pinch pennies when it comes to a player like Tommy Kelly, but not one of the best players in the NFL regardless of position. The way Tampa played him last season was a travesty. They tried to hide their bullshit by saying he wasn't 100%. Pats early on also made the same mistake, but they have corrected that the second half of the season. He still plays zone, but he's playing man mostly now.

I'm not convinced they will make him the highest paid corner for 3-4 years and that's exactly what it will take but I'm very convinced they won't be paying him the 20m he's due next year.

cdyhybrid

Brandon Legion of Boom'ed a motherfucker and the refs flagged him because they thought it was helmet to helmet. They just aren't used to a real man delivering hits anymore.

I'd have to see the video to make my own judgment of it, but that's been going on for a while. Used to happen to Bam Bam all the time before people stopped trying to go over the middle on him :p

ZgaK7FY.gif

He got flagged for that.

Respect

Think the early season reasons were more they didn't trust their 2nd corner on the outside while Browner was out (whether that was Butler, Dennard or Arrington...and can't blame them).

Ehhhh, I dunno. He does contact the helmet with his shoulder (you can see it snap back). Don't think it was intentional but I'm not surprised they'd flag that.

Kam, Sherman, and Dougie fresh went on twitter and said that call was bull shit.

Kam does the same thing all the time... can you imagine a short receiver running into Kam's shoulder while ducking? Well no shit it's going to be at his head... cause he's ducking into it.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Brady gets his 4th superbowl ring this team looks like a superbowl team.

I also hope the Jets get Mariota or Winston. So please lose to the titans

Top Bottom