• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 14 |OT| Best In The World

bionic77

I'm feel as dumb as Gata.

I was just thinking how I'd like to listen to Tuesdays with Aaron but I don't really just sit around and listen to stuff. Then later on I thought "man, I get tired to listening to music while I drive (I'm on the road a lot for work)".

Podcasts. D'oh.
Podcasts are the best.

It is known.

I even listen to them if I am in the office doing something where I don't need to talk to someone.

jlzlvjJ.jpg

Is this legit?

Because I need this in my life, holy shit
What is that thing on the bottom?

Gobias

Banned
Hoyer will throw for 50% and 0 TDs but he will be praised for keeping us in the game/winning when Trent Truck rushes for total negative yards.

Crisco

Banned
It makes sense that the Browns, a group of players who have just been losers for their whole career, would want to hold onto the thing that suddenly turned them into winners.

The problem is, they have fallen into the same trap that Cleveland media has as annointing Hoyer the savior, when in large part they've been winning in spite of him, not because of him.

TankforTheTradeDown2015 doesn't quite have the same ring to it, but that's cool.

I'm a fan of DerfForScherff myself

You know our stupid fanbase is going to be clamoring for Amari Cooper if he's available, and there will be at least one moron saying we should draft or trade up for one of the QBs. I have faith in Gettleman though, his rookie draft picks and UDFAs have been the lone bright spot this season. It's hard to blame him for whiffing on all the vets given the cap hell we're (still) in, and assuming the front seven would be able to protect the secondary.

I just saw a Dolphins fan make the argument that Miami will lose to Baltimore because the Dolphins are 3-5 the week after beating the Jets dating back to 2000.

I should really stop looking at Dolphins fan pages on Facebook.

Yeah, I stay away from other fan pages because if you criticize the team even a little they'll say you're not a true fan :/ idiots....I think we'll keep it close and can pull of the win but only if that rush defense improves and learns to tackle again in the next few days otherwise the ravens will run all over us and will actually score points unlike the jets.

Edit: I also expect the Ravens to sit on all the short/intermediate routes like the jets did and will have to force Tannehill to throw deep or the run game to get going otherwise we are fucked on offense again.

Bowser

You know our stupid fanbase is going to be clamoring for Amari Cooper if he's available, and there will be at least one moron saying we should draft or trade up for one of the QBs. I have faith in Gettleman though, his rookie draft picks and UDFAs have been the lone bright spot this season. It's hard to blame him for whiffing on all the vets given the cap hell we're (still) in, and assuming the front seven would be able to protect the secondary.

Scherff or Peat would be my pick if available, but if not, the next best offensive prospect is Cooper. I'm not at all sold on Ogbuehi and I've read Collins from LSU is better suited for RT/G - not worth a top 10 pick IMO.

If Scherff and Peat are gone, I think I would either take Cooper or trade down (maybe get a package like the Browns did for Julio Jones) and take Collins and another impact playmaker like DeVante Parker or Jaelen Strong in the back half of the first round.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I just saw a Dolphins fan make the argument that Miami will lose to Baltimore because the Dolphins are 3-5 the week after beating the Jets dating back to 2000.

I should really stop looking at Dolphins fan pages on Facebook.
What a hilarious pointless stat. Someone's been watching too much ESPN.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Bleacher Report injury expert Will Carroll is reporting that Ben Roethlisberger has a broken bone in his wrist. Not that it matters when you're throwing off your back foot...

LANDRY JONES' TIME TO SHINE!

bionic77

Bleacher Report injury expert Will Carroll is reporting that Ben Roethlisberger has a broken bone in his wrist. Not that it matters when you're throwing off your back foot...

LANDRY JONES' TIME TO SHINE!
Well it is bleacher report so I don't believe it.

On the other hand playing a qb with a broken wrist is something our coaches would do.

Browns naming Hoyer starter. Can't say I blame them while We're still in the playoff race. One more loss and it's Johnny the rest of the way for sure.

j-wood

Don't worry guys, the Giants play the Titans this week and it will fix all of their problems.

It happened with the chiefs. It happened with the Cowboys. It happened with the Browns. It even gave the Jags the courage to get their first win the next week after almost beating us!

Crisco

Banned
Scherff or Peat would be my pick if available, but if not, the next best offensive prospect is Cooper. I'm not at all sold on Ogbuehi and I've read Collins from LSU is better suited for RT/G - not worth a top 10 pick IMO.

If Scherff and Peat are gone, I think I would either take Cooper or trade down (maybe get a package like the Browns did for Julio Jones) and take Collins and another impact playmaker like DeVante Parker or Jaelen Strong in the back half of the first round.

Yep, a lot like last year. If one of the tackle prospects separates himself from the pack at the combine, I wouldn't be at all opposed to trading up for him. This team has a lot of needs, but you can't hide bad tackles in this league. God knows we can't :(

One fun thought: trade down and take a mauler at tackle along with Todd Gurley!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Browns naming Hoyer starter. Can't say I blame them while We're still in the playoff race. One more loss and it's Johnny the rest of the way for sure.

And then Manziel will win the last three games and the Browns with a 10-6 record will miss the playoffs on tiebreakers, causing everyone to say "well if we had started him against Indy, we would have won and made the playoffs!!!!1!"

Don't worry guys, the Giants play the Titans this week and it will fix all of their problems.

It happened with the chiefs. It happened with the Cowboys. It happened with the Browns. It even gave the Jags the courage to get their first win the next week after almost beating us!
I think we're stuck with Locker starting too. :(

Screw you JJ!!

Tamanon

Banned
And then Manziel will win the last three games and the Browns with a 10-6 record will miss the playoffs on tiebreakers, causing everyone to say "well if we had started him against Indy, we would have won and made the playoffs!!!!1!"

It's the perfect plan!

Although if they're going to miss the playoffs anyways, that'd be better since it makes the decision on keeping Hoyer(and again not playing Manziel next year) easier.

Spinluck

Does JFF stand for Johnny Fucking Football?

The extra F has always annoyed me since I did not know what it stood for.

GAF circumcision threads always end up being weird.

PFF needs to do some other sort of criteria for rating DTs/NTs in 3-4 defenses. A nose tackle isn't going to get sacks, it's not their job to get sacks, so it shouldn't be so weighted against them if they don't get sacks.

lol no matter who we start we're going to get that or the Hoyer arguement. ESPN poll shows 60/40 in favor of starting Hoyer. I honestly see both sides..

Tom Penny

The Browns coach is clearly trying to undermine GM and upper management because he didn't want Manziel and disrespecting the fans and football by not putting the best product on the field.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Does JFF stand for Johnny Fucking Football?

The extra F has always annoyed me since I did not know what it stood for.

GAF circumcision threads always end up being weird.
It was Johnny Football. Then the internet being the internet added an extra F for fucking. Since JFF is a more unique acronym, it stuck.

Syrinx

That missed chip-shot field goal by Mike Nugent could really end up costing you guys several draft positions and cripple your ability to draft who you need.

Fantomex

I was reading about the players going up to assistant coaches and Philbin about how to come out in the second half defensively.... HOFPHILBIN

I was reading about the players going up to assistant coaches and Philbin about how to come out in the second half defensively.... HOFPHILBIN
Haha, I saw that. I can only imagine...

"Hey coach... they are running every play so maybe we should put eight guys in the box."

"Genius!"

Fantomex

Haha, I saw that. I can only imagine...

"Hey coach... they are running every play so maybe we should put eight guys in the box."

"Genius!"

LOL seriously. It gets even funnier and worse though, the Jests were so bad that they ran the ball even with Miami having 9 in the box.

offensive lineman - Geno, they're ready for the run, audible.
Geno - What's an audible?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Too bad no Jest players went to Rex Ryan to tell him of these genius adjustments by the Fins' defense.

Crisco

Banned
So if Rivera gets canned (unlikely), who are the top candidates? I don't really like any of the names from the assistant ranks, especially Bevel or Gase. McAdoo is intriguing but he's likely to just get promoted in NY. Out of the college ranks, Malzahn reuniting with Cam sounds good, but he strikes me as more of a coordinator at the next level than a HC. I think his teams would eventually flame out like Trestman's did in Chicago.

Bowser

Presented without comment:

@jjones9: Receivers either dropped or mishandled 5 consecutive go routes TD throws from Newton as portion of practice open to media closed

So if Rivera gets canned (unlikely), who are the top candidates? I don't really like any of the names from the assistant ranks, especially Bevel or Gase. McAdoo is intriguing but he's likely to just get promoted in NY. Out of the college ranks, Malzahn reuniting with Cam sounds good, but he strikes me as more of a coordinator at the next level than a HC. I think his teams would eventually flame out like Trestman's did in Chicago.

Rivera and co. will be canned come Black Monday. Bank on it:

Chris Kroeger @Kroeger · Dec 2
#Panthers won at least 3 of final 8 games all but 2 times in team history - '01 (0-8) & '10 (1-7). Coaches fired both times.

0-4 right now.

As for who I would go after, tough to say. I hope it's an offensive minded coach. Gary Kubiak and Kyle Shanahan are two guys that have ties to Dave Gettleman. I wouldn't necessarily be happy with Kubiak, but I'd be willing to give Shanahan a shot.

Syrinx

So if Rivera gets canned (unlikely), who are the top candidates? I don't really like any of the names from the coaching ranks, especially Bevel or Gase. McAdoo is intriguing but he's likely to just get promoted in NY. Out of the college ranks, Malzahn reuniting with Cam sounds good, but he strikes me as more of a coordinator at the next level than a HC. I think his teams would eventually flame out like Trestman's did in Chicago.
If you're going to hire Malzahn to reunite him with Cam, you'd need to commit to him long term. I don't think that's worth doing at this point no matter what offense he's in.

Top Bottom