• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 14 |OT| Best In The World

bionic77

Does anybody want a Surface Pro? I'm wondering if they're heavy advertising is paying off. I still see people buying iPads or MacBooks instead. But I'm in the creative field.
ez says he loves them.

PC still sell way more than Mac, but I will say that everyone I know has an iPad. Only smart people seem to get macs, we will always be in the minority.

What an ugly console.

There's a reason why white is GOAT.

Shut your whore mouth

Posting this for own reference
image.php

bionic77

My brother got one and honestly they are incredible. In a lot of ways it's always what I wanted from a tablet. A tablet that is essentially a laptop in terms of software features.

Sanchez rarely goes deep. He gets YAC, but no deep balls. Foles was much better in that regard.
Its pretty hard to win a superbowl by dinking.

But on the bright side at least you can rest secure in the knowledge that if Sanchez ever goes to In & Out with several elite qb's he is going to be the one driving the car.

Its pretty hard to win a superbowl by dinking.

But on the bright side at least you can rest secure in the knowledge that if Sanchez ever goes to In & Out with several elite qb's he is going to be the one driving the car.

I agree, but I think to a certain extent one of the goals of Kelly's offense is the big yards after catch plays, which Sanchez has been able to get. He's getting the ball to guys who have open space to run.

My issue is that Maclin has been open and Sanchez can't get the ball to him deep.

lolno

They've been exploding in enterprise and government, at least anecdotally. Lots of university age kids with them in Cincinnati also.

Surface Pro 3 is a freaking sick device.

I'm not talking about in general, I mean for me.

Looked into getting one, (specifically because I want the versatility of the tablet and keyboard) but it's too damn expensive for what I need. I'd rather get an android tablet or a chromebook. I thought about the Surface 2 but renewing office yearly? I don't use it anywhere near often enough to make that worthwhile.

I'm not clear, are we calling the Browns dumb for sticking with Hoyer because we were hoping they'd start Manziel, thus destroy their season? We're mad because they made a smart decision, right?

JNA

Banned
Oh snap. It was Rodgers's birthday yesterday. Well a day late but happen birthday you majestic bastard!

aaron-rodgers-wallpaper-2.jpg

Has Sanchez been going deep?

With the Jets his biggest problem was he was too quick to check down to the safe, short pass. I think that was the result of playing for a defensive coach who didn't want the offense to take any chances or make any mistakes.

Maybe if you're bad at interpreting things?

Sanchez has had the benefit of an established run game and less pressure because of the healthy offensive line. Foles hadn't had that basically all season. It's a clear factor in why he has better stats, plain and simple. I'm not saying Foles is better, I'm saying logically when your line can open up the run and give your more time in the pocket your stats are going to go up. I am honestly curious to see if Foles came back in with the line healthy and having the cohesion it has now, if he's be putting up the same numbers as Sanchez. I think it's likely he would, and I'd rather see him play behind a healthy line again and see what he does than write him off already.

Sanchez has been much better throwing deep then Foles was this year:

One of Foles’ biggest faults this season was his deep passing. Foles threw the ball at least 30 yards past the line of scrimmage 22 times this season. He hasn’t played since Week 9, and that’s still within three of the league lead. Foles completed four of those passes (18.2 percent), and although three of those were touchdowns, he also had four interceptions deep.

Sanchez has done a better job of picking his spots, going 3-of-6 on passes thrown at least 30 yards downfield with no interceptions. And by picking his spots better and getting the ball out quicker, Sanchez has been more effective passing to the Eagles’ biggest play-making receivers.
Foles was just chucking it up off his back foot and hoping for the best. Sanchez has at least been throwing the deep ball where his guy gets it or it is incomplete. Sanchez sucks big time and I will be very upset if he is the QB going forward. I just like that his play is shining a great big light on how poorly Foles has played.

GQman2121

Banned
I'm not clear,y are we calling the Browns dumb for sticking with Hoyer because we were hoping they'd start Manziel, thus destroy their season? We're mad because they made a smart decision, right?

Yes, fuck them for making the sensible decision and sticking with the guy who got them seven wins.

bionic77

I have an iPad. My daughter confiscated it. (plus it sucks shit for productivity use).
If you want to be productive on the go get a laptop until you absolutely have to take notes or draw shit, then get a surface or one of the equivalents.

If you are getting a laptop get a MBA or 13" Retina. Apple laptops are head and shoulders above PC laptops. The different is not really that big comparing desktops from Apple and Windows. I feel like Apple focuses more on their laptops.

That said I am loving my new iMac and I think 5k and higher resolutions are going to replace the multiple monitor setup. This is the future!

My youngest asked for a tablet for Christmas, and I was considering the Amazon Kindle Fire 7 (it was named something like that), since its on sale for 100$. The price is right, at least.

MechDX

My youngest asked for a tablet for Christmas, and I was considering the Amazon Kindle Fire 7 (it was named something like that), since its on sale for 100$. The price is right, at least.

Kindle Fires are great for kids. About the same price as the knockoff android tablets out there but lot better build quality. Tons of accessories (cases) available for them and the Amazon App Store has a great selection of games and kids apps available and good sale prices on apps.

bionic77

All my friends with kids say that Amazon tablets are great for kids.

For parents who really love their kids check out the electric powered skateboard (think it is called boost) or one of the high end drones (ie phantom).

If you want to be productive on the go get a laptop until you absolutely have to take notes or draw shit, then get a surface or one of the equivalents.

If you are getting a laptop get a MBA or 13" Retina. Apple laptops are head and shoulders above PC laptops. The different is not really that big comparing desktops from Apple and Windows. I feel like Apple focuses more on their laptops.

That said I am loving my new iMac and I think 5k and higher resolutions are going to replace the multiple monitor setup. This is the future!

Yeah, thinking about it I don't really need a tablet. Laptop will be fine. Looks like i'm getting a chromebook.

Sanchez has been much better throwing deep then Foles was this year:

Sanchez has been more consistent than Foles altogether. That doesn't mean he actually goes deep often. Foles was throwing for 20+ yards 20% of the time (which was probably too often, but he had guys open), I don't think Sanchez has even close to that, despite having players open. I think Foles bad mechanics had a lot to do with the offensive line and lack of a significant run game, but whatever the reason for his bad mechanics was, if he gets his mechanics straight he would have made a ton more of those passes. When he throws with good mechanics rather than off the back foot or with his feet perpendicular he's pretty accurate and has a lot of power. I just want to see a few more games of him where he's got the offensive line back to determine if he really just sucks.

I'm gonna go full Asian over the next couple of months.

Asian style diet, become a Buddhist, and only date Asian girls.

Okay I'm kidding about the last one.

Let me make you an avatar friend! Had anything in mind?

(Note, i'm not very good like Bucket or Fox, but I try!)

My photoshop skills are not on that level, Fox pls?

I was thinking of doing a a Stafford picture with crossed eyes surrounded by cheeseburgers and the SB logo behind him... in honor of Kas, or course. Fits my user name.

eznark

Banned
I'm not talking about in general, I mean for me.

Looked into getting one, (specifically because I want the versatility of the tablet and keyboard) but it's too damn expensive for what I need. I'd rather get an android tablet or a chromebook. I thought about the Surface 2 but renewing office yearly? I don't use it anywhere near often enough to make that worthwhile.

Ooooh, yeah for me too since I got a new work laptop last year. Probably in 2015 I'll get the Surface 4.

Top Bottom