• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 14 |OT| Best In The World

MechDX

Snowcaps, perhaps.

1317762102SNOCAPS.jpg

WaterloggedPeacefulIndianspinyloach.gif

MechDX

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/12/03/jj-watt-houston-texans-case-nfl-mvp

From a total pass rush perspective, however, Watt has absolutely no equal in the current NFL. Per PFF, he is absolutely destroying every other defensive player as a pure quarterback terrorizer. He has 33 quarterback hits and 35 quarterback hurries to go with his 11.5 sacks. The next best 3-4 end in hits is Green Bay's Mike Daniels with 10, and the next best in hurries is San Francisco's Ray McDonald with 28.

Now, on to Watt against the real quarterback disruptors: 4-3 ends and 3-4 outside linebackers. New Orleans' Junior Galette leads all 3-4 ends in total pressures with 55, which Watt eclipses in hits and hurries alone. Chicago's Jared Allen leads 4-3 ends with 17, just about half of Watt's total, and Seattle's Michael Bennett leads all defensive players with 41 hurries. Not half bad either, considering that Bennett plays a lot of snaps as a five-tech defensive tackle. Still, nobody even close to Watt's total output.

Among 3-4 outside linebackers, Kansas City's Justin Houston leads the pack with 61, which again wouldn't match Watt's total pressures with just hits and hurries. Indy's Erik Walden leads that position with 15 hits (not even close) and Houston has 40 hurries as a pure edge rusher.

This year, Aaron Rodgers is the favorite to win the award, and he's certainly got the performances and numbers to back that up. Rodgers is arguably playing as well or better than he did in 2011, the year he first won the award and led the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl title. Most will tell you that Houston Texans defensive lineman J.J. Watt is second in line for that award this season, and given the scarcity of such awards allotted over time to defensive players, Watt should be honored to be in the discussion at such a high plateau.

That's one way to look at it. Another way to look at it, which is the way I tend to do, is that if anybody but Watt wins the league's Most Valuable Player award this season, the NFL might as well do away with the damned thing. Because as impressive as Rodgers is this season (a 66.3% completion rate for 3,325 yards, 32 touchdowns and three interceptions), what Watt is accomplishing has literally never been seen before. Not at any level of football.

nods head

MVP

She got implants (nice ones) sophomore year so yeah I;'d do her

You get to a point in life where you're like fuck this bra. I'll keep trying as usual but eh this whole this is a rigged game and it gets tiresome. cool song tho.

It absolutely is rigged! But it's fun to win some rigged battles my man!

andthebeatgoeson

I remember that story. It has the perfect ending:

There was a bit of a silver lining to this story, and it came from a kind-hearted Eagles fan who helped the fallen Lions fan up and started him on his way home.

The Lions fan says his Good Samaritan took off his Eagles jersey and threw it in a trash can, upset with the beating incident.

Philly is also pretty bad.
SAScoli.gif

MechDX

http://36.media.tumblr.com/1abf278d11291d2900bb1f3dceb203c1/tumblr_mmwlqjlALM1ql0k28o1_500.png[/IMG

I rather have Mettenberger at QB instead of Jacob. Screw you Jack Swagger Watt!![/QUOTE]

I like you Sf2fanatic. Youre not like those "other" Titan fans (Music City Miracle at SB Nation) that are just assholes. Want me to send you some Snocaps?

I just wanted to see how Mettenberger would perform at the NFL level before we draft another QB again. :(
That's all. I haven't heard who's starting for us against the Giants

E: I'm good Mech. Thx for the offer. I got my champorado and chilling since it's actually raining and cold.

MechDX

I just wanted to see how Mettenberger would perform at the NFL level before we draft another QB again. :(
That's all. I haven't heard who's starting for us against the Giants

E: I'm good Mech. Thx for the offer. I got my champorado and chilling since it's actually raining and cold.

I know that feeling. I was really impressed with Mallett during that browns game then he ripped his tit. A QB who can actually stretch the field and ran the offense like it is supposed to be ran....

Bread

Banned
dr chang your medicine isn't working fast enough, please give me vicodin to ease the pain.

i guess if i'm gonna be lying down all day i should finally watch house of cards.

MRSA

Banned
Eat your disgusting cheeseburger sub Bread, you and Coldplay are on the same level when it comes to food.

Degenerate

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Goddamn MRSA, some of us work for a living. We don't all get to rid around in a car all day. Some of us are in OFFICES, mkay??

eznark

Banned
endoscopys suck, at least they put me under when i got mine. ulcers are the worst.

Gonna make sure they don't try that shit. I don't trust doctors when I am conscious, fuck trusting them when I am out. God damned racket. They'll probably give me the ebola or something.

brentech

Gonna make sure they don't try that shit. I don't trust doctors when I am conscious, fuck trusting them when I am out. God damned racket. They'll probably give me the ebola or something.

the way they told my wife, you're largely out, but under just enough so that you're barely lucid. you have to be able to take a direction to swallow, but you're also given drugs that make you forget everything past that

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
the way they told my wife, you're largely out, but under just enough so that you're barely lucid. you have to be able to take a direction to swallow, but you're also given drugs that make you forget everything past that

Sounds like whatever [redacted] has been taking.

Bread

Banned
what do you think they'll do, steal your virginity?

brentech

I'e never had one myself....just colonoscopy x 5 =\ (ulcerative colitis)

but, That looks like an accurate evolution of the emotions involved.

On another note:

B3-upJHCUAAzz6P.jpg:large

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'e never had one myself....just colonoscopy x 5 =\ (ulcerative colitis)

but, That looks like an accurate evolution of the emotions involved.

On another note:

B3-upJHCUAAzz6P.jpg:large

Mmmmmm so good.

So ez was right, the last "Tuesdays with Aaron" was garbage. Apparently the game plan was: "Packers beat the best team in the league so let's just celebrate Aaron's birthday with dumb random questions and barely mention the game at all." It's kind of cool to hear about his personal life I guess but I'd much rather listen to him just talk about plays and football.

brentech

Mmmmmm so good.

So ez was right, the last "Tuesdays with Aaron" was garbage. Apparently the game plan was: "Packers beat the best team in the league so let's just celebrate Aaron's birthday with dumb random questions and barely mention the game at all." It's kind of cool to hear about his personal life I guess but I'd much rather listen to him just talk about plays and football.
Yeah, it was the worst episode in a while. Having no 'inside the helmet' and all that was terrible. he can be an interesting guy, but i don't care to be a stalker and know all that much about his personal life. It's much more interesting to hear what he sees and thinks when on the football field.

Top Bottom