• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 14 |OT| Best In The World

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
0.jpg

Those traps, forearms, biceps, pecs....

antoniobanderascoli.jpg

The first 2 stats, for whatever reason, I wouldn't have thought he leads and could lead them. The 3rd one, that just sums up who he is as a player. Kind of amazing to have a chance at even yardage through 100 while being safe with the ball.

I think he's the best QB I've seen since I started watching football. Manning and Brady obviously have better overall careers so far but Rodgers is incredible. He's like the LeBron of QBs, I can't think of anything I would change about the way he plays the position.

So glad Injustice:UE is free on ps4 ps+. I wanted to pick it up but wasn't going to buy it for another system when I had a the normal version for ps3.

Sanjuro

I went to the campus cafeteria figured I'd get some food. There was a radio station playing pop music loudly over the Christmas music playing. Kids were playing some trash Smash Bros game.

Figured I would drown stress with beer and chorizo sandwich outside of that nonsense!

cajunator

Banned
I went to the campus cafeteria figured I'd get some food. There was a radio station playing pop music loudly over the Christmas music playing. Kids were playing some trash Smash Bros game.

Figured I would drown stress with beer and chorizo sandwich outside of that nonsense!

does not compute

That shoot to disarm thread. I can't. Especially as someone who has training in firearms. Use non-lethal devices. Don't pray for a miracle shot to the leg. I need to stay out of that thread or I'll get banned.

bionic77

I had no idea that Lego made $400 My First Robotics kits. Now he's stuck getting some weak ass Technic bullshit and he could be building fucking Blutooth robots. GAF has failed me again. If you fuckers weren't so busy fucking pillow women and Stafford FatHeads maybe my kid would have had a Merry Xmas.
They don't have returns in Minnesota?

Also, if you love your kid get him one of those electric boost skateboards.

If you feel the same way about him as you do with those Vikings then by all means get him the GoBots robot kit you found in the clearance bin at Ollies Bargain Outlet.

Trey

Give Watt the MVP. That dude is a defense unto himself.

Sure, straight up in a vacuum Rodgers is more valuable than Watt, but there are other elite QBs. There is no one in the league on Watt's level in defense, though. The "drop off" from Rodgers to Manning, Luck, Brady is marginal. The dropoff from Watt to Mario Williams, Von Miller, Lamar Houston, etc is a chasm.

I get the argument that QB is the most valuable position, so the best in that position is generally more valuable than the best in any other. Under that rationale, I won't be bothered if Rodgers/Luck/Manning win. It'll be boring, but reasonable.

Consider, however, that Watt has been the only consistent name in the MVP race all season, while the elite QBs in the game have rotated in and out of the conversation. and he's doing something that has never been done before in history. Rodgers has one bad game while some other QB also-ran tosses four TDs in a shootout, the roles are reversed; and that entire time Watt is destroying offenses single handedly every week.

As for the Bills' DPotY, you would have to give it to the entire defensive line, like you'd have to give the entire Dallas offensive line OPotY. Bills front four rushers are unmatched in the league as a unit, only really Denver is close. All of them get to the quarterback consistently. If you had to say there was a best of them all, it's probably Marcell Dareus.

Sanjuro

Give Watt the MVP. That dude is a defense unto himself.

Sure, straight up in a vacuum Rodgers is more valuable than Watt, but there are other elite QBs. There is no one in the league on Watt's level in defense, though. The "drop off" from Rodgers to Manning, Luck, Brady is marginal. The dropoff from Watt to Mario Williams, Von Miller, Lamar Houston, etc is a chasm.

I get the argument that QB is the most valuable position, so the best in that position is generally more valuable than the best in any other. Under that rationale, I won't be bothered if Rodgers/Luck/Manning win. It'll be boring, but reasonable.

Consider, however, that Watt has been the only consistent name in the MVP race all season, while the elite QBs in the game have rotated in and out of the conversation. and he's doing something that has never been done before in history. Rodgers has one bad game while some other QB also-ran tosses four TDs in a shootout, the roles are reversed; and that entire time Watt is destroying offenses single handedly every week.

As for the Bills' DPotY, you would have to give it to the entire defensive line, like you'd have to give the entire Dalls offensive line OPotY. Bills front four rushers are unmatched in the league as a unit, only really Denver is close. All of them get to the quarterback consistently. If you had to say there was a best of them all, it's probably Marcell Dareus.

If Wat was a quarterback, I'd agree with you.

Best party game is Mario Kart and it's not close.

Cue someone chiming in some game nobody's ever heard of like Castle Crashers being the best party game ever.

Who helps their team win more? THAT is value.

Rodgers wins.

Bingo. I've watched a few Texans games outside of their matchup with the Steelers, where Watt was obliterating everything wherever he lined up and they were still getting shredded.

cajunator

Banned
They don't have returns in Minnesota?

Also, if you love your kid get him one of those electric boost skateboards.

If you feel the same way about him as you do with those Vikings then by all means get him the GoBots robot kit you found in the clearance bin at Ollies Bargain Outlet.

Remember those awesome Radio Shack electronics kits? Now those were fun!

lmao no game with a skill gap like smash bros can be considered the best party game

well Mario Kart might be better. But it depends.

Top Bottom