• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 14 |OT| Best In The World

JNA

Banned
Bingo. I've watched a few Texans games outside of their matchup with the Steelers, where Watt was obliterating everything wherever he lined up and they were still getting shredded.

Hell, Mario Williams (funny enough an ex Texan) has actually transformed the entire Bills defense since his arrival at Buffalo. If we are talking more valuable, I think Mario Williams would have a better case than JJ Watt funny enough. XD

And the Bills unlike the Texans actually have a winning record with a lesser QB than the Texans QB who just threw 6 freaking TDs last game.

jakncoke

Banned
Bionic says he retired from nba-gaf because they were assholes but will that stop him when Kobe passes MJ in less than 100 pts?

Slo

They don't have returns in Minnesota?

Also, if you love your kid get him one of those electric boost skateboards.

If you feel the same way about him as you do with those Vikings then by all means get him the GoBots robot kit you found in the clearance bin at Ollies Bargain Outlet.

The money has been spent on other gifts. Ill be got DAMNED if I'm going to spend MORE of my time to undo a weekend's worth of mall walking that ive already sunk into this shitty holiday.

P.s. - Is Ollies a store where LA citizens cash their paychecks for malt liquor?

jakncoke

Banned
Also goddamn has the exodus killed nba-gaf, used to have 20k a month threads. Now cant even get 5k in a month and 1 week lol

Trey

Hell, Mario Williams (funny enough an ex Texan) has actually transformed the entire Bills defense since his arrival at Buffalo. If we are talking more valuable, I think Mario Williams would have a better case than JJ Watt funny enough. XD

And the Bills unlike the Texans actually have a winning record with a lesser QB than the Texans QB who just threw 6 freaking TDs last game.

Not a word in this post is correct, lol

Williams has something in Buffalo he never had in Texas - talent around him.

JJ Watt is suffering from the same thing. I've said this before but either Watt is going to burn himself out going to 11 every play with no help or he's going to say "fuck it" and dial it down. No one can go at his pace alone for long.

JNA

Banned
Also goddamn has the exodus killed nba-gaf, used to have 20k a month threads. Now cant even get 5k in a month and 1 week lol

Nothing interesting is happening in the NBA is why.

Lakers still suck, 76ers making the NBA a joke, Durant and Westbrook for the first quarter of the season with the Thunder looking like a lottery team, Cavs struggled in the beginning even with the new big 3, and the best team in the East is the freaking Raptors of all teams.

Pretty much a recipe for a very boring season until playoffs arrive.

Colasante

Jadeveon Clowney is going on injured reserve. A pretty disappointing rookie season. Texans should just pack it in on him and trade him to the Patriots.

Trey

Who helps their team win more? THAT is value.

Rodgers wins.

This extremely reductive post might be on to something.

Patriots are a 12 or 13 win team most years with Brady as QB. over the last decade, the sole non-Brady Patriots team went 11-5, which objectively makes Tom Brady worth one win over a Matt Cassel level quarterback.

I always knew Brady was a fraud. Sorry, Gata. Numbers never lie.

Lakers still suck, 76ers making the NBA a joke, Durant and Westbrook for the first quarter of the season with the Thunder looking like a lottery team, Cavs struggled in the beginning even with the new big 3, and the best team in the East is the freaking Raptors of all teams.

It wouldn't matter, they'd still have ranted about random stuff as we do when there aren't games going. It's a simple matter of the true NBA-GAF creating their own web forum and they all post there now.

jakncoke

Banned

That never stopped the thread before before they were jailed again and a bunch of regulars left.

This extremely reductive post is might be on to something.

Patriots are a 12 or 13 win team most years with Brady as QB. over the last decade, the sole non-Brady Patriots team went 11-5, which objectively makes Tom Brady worth one win over a Matt Cassel level quarterback.

I always knew Brady was a fraud.
Brady on that 2008 team goes 15-1/14-2.

This extremely reductive post is might be on to something.

I always knew Brady was a fraud.
It's not reductive, it's purposefully succinct.

Your example is silly because the sample size is extremely small (one season without Brady).

I don't make the rules, I just recognize them. "Value" in football terms is based on how much a player helps his team win. Right now Rodgers is #1 in that category. Watt may be the best player in the NFL at a given position, but his position is inherently less valuable than QB by a massive margin.

The counter argument of "it sure is boring" is not very convincing to me, sorry.

zychi

Banned
Fixed. In other news WTF at Lil Wayne and this Cash Money situation. I guess he finally realized what the other Hot Boys realized years ago.

leak it? i'm not much of a fan or hater, but the dude writes a million mediocre songs and then releases like 5 decent tracks on an album. his holy "best rapper alive" gimmick became famous because of the amount of free music he gave out on mixtapes.

JNA

Banned
Not a word in this post is correct, lol

Mario Williams didn't make the Bills defense better (who btw just won AFC defensive player of the month)? Bills don't have a winning record (7-5)? Bills don't have a worse QB than the Texans? (Kyle Orton lol)

If you're going to make that kind of statement, actually explain why I am not correct. It would help me too because sometimes I can be wrong as well. XD

cajunator

Banned
I wish Brees didnt always have to play with historically bad defenses. the one time we had a defense that actually did something we got a SB (bountygate or not)
Its frustrating as hell always having top 5 offense and watching it get wasted by shit tier defense every year.

This extremely reductive post might be on to something.

I always knew Brady was a fraud. Sorry, Gata. Number never lie.

The math checks out

Colasante

Your example is silly because the sample size is extremely small (one season without Brady).

I don't make the rules, I just recognize them. "Value" in football terms is based on how much a player helps his team win. Right now Rodgers is #1 in that category. Watt may be the best player in the NFL at a given position, but his position is inherently less valuable than QB by a massive margin.

The counter argument of "it sure is boring" is not very convincing to me, sorry.

I'd argue that Andrew Luck is more valuable to his team than Aaron Rodgers is to his, even if Rodgers is having a better season. Most Valuable Player has no meaning anymore. Watt is the best, Rodgers is the best QB, Luck the most valuable, but of course, the award just goes to best QB, so it's Rodgers' year.

MechDX

Ryan Fucking Fitzpatrick. Please tell me you are not being serious.

Trey

tdr, you're missing the big picture. Through gross misuse of statistics, we can formulate that Brady is, indeed, only marginally more valuable than an objectively terrible QB. What a wonderful time to be alive.

On a more serious note, win share isn't an absolute metric, and MVP isn't a statistical award.

Watt is the best player at any position in the NFL, full stop.

Fantomex

Bucket you suck! You had me look at that video, and next thing I know I'm looking at these CM Punk vides. I DONT EVEN WATCH WRESTLING!!!!

I'd argue that Andrew Luck is more valuable to his team than Aaron Rodgers is to his, even if Rodgers is having a better season. Most Valuable Player has no meaning anymore. Watt is the best, Rodgers is the best QB, Luck the most valuable, but of course, the award just goes to best QB, so it's Rodgers' year.
Fine by me, give it to Luck! He makes more sense than Watt.

MechDX

This I agree with. Eaither call it QB of the year or make it clearly defined what it is. The way the voters have been picking it is " best overall player who is a qb only"

tdr, you're missing the big picture. Through gross misuse of statistics, we can formulate that Brady is, indeed, only marginally more valuable than an objectively terrible QB. What a wonderful time to be alive.

On a more serious note, win share isn't an absolute metric, and MVP isn't a statistical award.

Watt is the best player at any position in the NFL, full stop.
I can get behind your Brady point. He's just Matt Cassel in a better situation, clearly.

Anyway, I give up. Give the dang Heisman to Watt and be done with it.

MechDX

Williams has something in Buffalo he never had in Texas - talent around him.

JJ Watt is suffering from the same thing. I've said this before but either Watt is going to burn himself out going to 11 every play with no help or he's going to say "fuck it" and dial it down. No one can go at his pace alone for long.

Incorrect. In 2011 he had Watt, Barwin, Cushing, Joseph, DeMeco and Quinn. Then he ripped his pec vs the Steelers. He got crazy money from Buffalo and we did the right thing by not matching.

Top Bottom