• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 14 |OT| Best In The World

MechDX

How good would J.J. Watt be as TE?

Now, close your eyes and try to imagine what he could do if he played tight end full-time.

"He would be an absolute nightmare to deal with on offense if he was out there full-time," says Ernie Conwell, who played tight end in the Rams' Greatest Show on Turf era. "If J.J. Watt played tight end full-time, he would be a bigger, nastier Gronk. He'd be Gronk but with 30 more pounds of muscle and much meaner."

Watt vs Gronk.

Thunderdome

Who wins?

MechDX

Gronk would fuck JJ up. Gronk is faster, stronger and smarter. Easy victory.

jj-watt.gif

Played part 1 only. Need to catch up on other 2. But if they make a 4 it would be cool

Yea there are a lot of games I haven't played because I'm too lazy to back track on the older games. For example Bayonetta 2 looks dope, but I'm too lazy to go back and play the first one. Eventually KH3 comes out, but never finished 2. God of War is another one on the list. Never played any of the Assassins Creed, cause well there's just too many of that shit. Mass Effect was another one... Batman Arkham stuff... Halo?

LoL fuck list probably keeps going and going.

jakncoke

Banned
Yea there are a lot of games I haven't played because I'm too lazy to back track on the older games. For example Bayonetta 2 looks dope, but I'm too lazy to go back and play the first one. Eventually KH3 comes out, but never finished 2. God of War is another one on the list. Never played any of the Assassins Creed, cause well there's just too many of that shit. Mass Effect was another one... Batman Arkham stuff... Halo?

If spent less time typing hashtags in this thread you'd probably complete all those games. By this time next year.

If spent less time typing hashtags in this thread you'd probably complete all those games. By this time next year.

Yea but I rather go out and drink and dance then spend time playing games on the weekend. I mean I do play games (League/Fighting games), I guess I need a multilayer game to keep me interested.

Maybe I can just watch people play them on youtube. That's enough to get the general story/gist to play the newer ones.

Seriously fuck Fall for releasing all these fucking game. Have both Evil Within and Alien Isolation and barely touched them due to other releases like Smash, Hyrule Warriors, and Kingdom Hearts 2.5

His contract was ending if that is what you are saying. He had a history of disappearing for stretches of games. He was hesitant at first of going to OLB BUT had 4.5 sacks in less than 4 games.

The latest talent leaving was all on Kubiak and Wade. They had full control of rosters in their respective side of the ball but had a good ol boy network going on.

Wade said Demeco couldn't play in a 3/4, Quinn was in his doghouse, Barwin hi can't really explain why they didn't resign him.

As I said, no talent around him. Demeco Ryans is JAG, Connor Barwin had his breakout season Williams' last year with the team. Mario Williams had at least 8.5 sacks every year outside of his rookie campaign and 2011 when he was injured. Now he's on a defense with talented guys up front and surprise he's worth another 5 sacks a year.

I always thought Texans fans expected too much from the guy. Sure he's a number 1 pick, but he was a number 1 pick on a largely awful (and at one point, historically awful) defense.
I can just imagine the bile JJ Watt will get if his production ever dips.

Vyer

As I said, no talent around him. Demeco Ryans is JAG, Connor Barwin had his breakout season Williams' last year with the team. Mario Williams had at least 8.5 sacks every year outside of his rookie campaign and 2011 when he was injured. Now he's on a defense with talented guys up front and surprise he's worth another 5 sacks a year.

I always thought Texans fans expected too much from the guy. Sure he's a number 1 pick, but he was a number 1 pick on a largely awful (and at one point, historically awful) defense.

Williams didn't seem to give a shit most of the time. And that's from pretty early on. That may be different now, but that's one of the big reasons people were upset in Houston. Then expecting to be paid crazy money at that point...well, bye.

I mean, even Kubiak finally had to put on his big boy pants and admit that he needed to talk to him. And he would, and that week Mario would have one of his best games and then the next week he would go back to not caring again.

Williams didn't seem to give a shit most of the time. And that's from pretty early on. That may be different now, but that's one of the big reasons people were upset in Houston. Then expecting to be paid crazy money at that point...well, bye.

I mean, even Kubiak finally had to put on his big boy pants and admit that he needed to talk to him. And he would, and that week Mario would have one of his best games and then the next week he would go back to not caring again.

Just sounds like Jason Gildon to me. Shit on mercilessly by Steelers fans despite putting together a respectable career.

MechDX

Well opinions are like assholes.

Like vyer said: he was crazy inconsistant. I have read the same complaint from Bills fans here. But maybe we are all wrong and you are right.

jmdajr

Texan fans basically expected JJ Watt levels out of Mario. Now we want the same of Clowney.
Comes with no.1 territory.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

It just keeps getting better!

Dutch is actually the best pats fan except that he's a pats fan so he's still a terrible person. It's kinda weird.

I think Sanjuro is the best simply because he appreciates the fact that Brady is a fraud and Bledsoe was the last legit quarterback they've had.

Dutch would probably be a great guy except for the path he chose. It just isn't right.

Bread

Banned
jackbox party pack is the best party game(s) i've played in years, if you have an xbone/ps4 and a cool group of friends then you should get it for the next time everyone's over.

fibbage is the shit.

I hadnt watched enough of Gildon to say one way or the other about effort.

He was very good. Bordering on great. He was still criticized like crazy, "he doesn't perform in the clutch" and shit like that, which basically amounts to "he didn't get a sack when I thought he needed to get one." completely arbitrary. Now that he's long retired of course people realize what they're missing.

But in this case, we're also talking about his coach's expectation.

Hell Wiiliams himself is even quoted saying as much.

Of course the coach expected that, He was the number 1 pick. As for Williams when you hear you're underperforming your whole career, eventually you're going to parrot it.

Williams was very good. Problem was Texans coaches and fans expected JJ Watt, as jmdajr said. Hearing Texans fans talk you'd think Williams was Brian Bosworth or something.

Top Bottom