• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 14 |OT| Best In The World

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Taking the words straight out of my mouth!

I´ve weathered decades of double digit losses, so nothing will sway me from this team.
Instead of picking on me, you should start drawing proposals for a new logo when your Bills move to LA.

Says the guy whose team owners already a team in actual England. The Bucs will be in London before the Bills are in LA. And then you won't have to fly all the way to the States to be disappointed!

Who cares about SFV with Smash out now?

Everyone because no one bought a Wii U ;) Best part of this semi troll is it's not even really a troll, just truth. After Zelda comes out and the initial boost in numbers quiets down, I'm really curious if Nintendo is able to crank out enough for the Wii U to survive this generation. I know Nintendo will be fine even if it doesn't with all that cash money but this has to be the least popular system in a long time.

Hammer24

Banned
Says the guy whose team owners already a team in actual England. The Bucs will be in London before the Bills are in LA. And then you won't have to fly all the way to the States to be disappointed!

Dude, the soccer team is just a toy for the younger son, so he has something to play with too. And who gives a fuck about soccer?!

Bread

Banned
i swear the people posting in the SF5 thread are happier about it being an exclusive than they are about it being announced at all.

eznark

Banned
Everyone because no one bought a Wii U ;) Best part of this semi troll is it's not even really a troll, just truth. After Zelda comes out and the initial boost in numbers quiets down, I'm really curious if Nintendo is able to crank out enough for the Wii U to survive this generation. I know Nintendo will be fine even if it doesn't with all that cash money but this has to be the least popular system in a long time.

Isn't about equal to the xbox one? It had a year headstart but that't not terribly relevant when looking at existing install base. Maybe that's why SFV said fuuuuuuuuuck you xbone?

Indeed. Who cared about SF4 when Brawl was out?

Brawl came out?!? SPOILER

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Someday it'll be the next Dreamcast where everyone puts on rose tinted glasses and deludes themselves into not understanding why it didn't perform better.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
QF4rG8t.gif

:jnc

brentech

They've gone and done it... they've gone and woke the sleeping dragon now.

Sony should have left well enough alone and now they're going to get it. It's not enough that they're bleeding benjamins from practically every crevice of their existence. Now they go and throw immense moneyhats at a niche game like Street Fighter just to piss off the market. Why pay to keep a game out of the hands of as many gamers as possible? Why not put that money into first-party studios and games instead?

I know, I know... this is the way the business goes as they say. Well, they forced Microsoft's hands with their early sales lead and Microsoft only responded with an NPD whooping (source: musings thread) by way of incredible deals and value. Microsoft will undoubtedly follow this announcement up with some real megatons of their own.

Gears remake collection. A true Banjo sequel. Halo 5 beta in the hands of gamers. The next Bayonetta, Dead Space and Crysis as exclusives. Those are the kinds of blockbuster response announcements I expect, and then some. You hit Microsoft with a jab, you best be ready for a flurry of uppercuts coming at you in response.

:jnc

Don't like 3rd party exclusives. Unless the game did shit all on the 360 and they are able to make way more making a deal, I don't understand how it makes sense, but lol....that kid

Now this, Super Stardust Ultra Hits PS4 in Early 2015, I can get behind.

Bowser

Great article on BR by Cian Fahey on Cam's struggles. Found this point to be especially poignant:

When Newton does make positive plays from the pocket, he isn't helped by his wide receivers or the design of his offense.

3c62333c7c90032225e6d0f851a374ac_original.png

On this 2nd-and-6 play, the Panthers come out with a receiver wide to either side of the field. There is also a fullback offset to the right with a tight end ahead of him. Predictably, the Vikings come out in their base 4-3 formation.

It's important to note that the Vikings cornerbacks are in press coverage outside.

e52bd487f61823c76d7342a52471b524_original.png

Offensive coordinator Mike Shula uses play action while sending his tight end into a route down the field and his fullback into the right flat. The tight end is running an eight yard in route, while the fullback is running into the flat.

Most importantly, the outside receivers are simply running curl routes.

92758f11adde34cc87f656d3663ba2fe_original.png

Newton should have audibled out of this play. It was never going to give him an open receiver to find, save for the fullback in the flat. However, more important than Newton's lack of an audible at the line is the overall design of the play.

The routes on this play are all individual routes. They don't cross each other or relate to each other in such a way that they will exploit any coverage the defense calls.
Furthermore, Newton doesn't have a single option running deep down the field despite using play action.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ers-to-take-next-step?search_query=Cam Newton

Can't wait for this team to finish 3-12-1 so we can fire this coaching staff and get even an average offensive mind for Cam. Shula has never run a successful offense, ever. Not as Bucs OC, not as Bama HC, and not as the Panthers OC.

eznark

Banned
Someday it'll be the next Dreamcast where everyone puts on rose tinted glasses and deludes themselves into not understanding why it didn't perform better.

As long as they keep pumping out the best games available I give a shit who buys it! They dominated this year.

jbug617

Banned
Apparently a guy from Edge is hyping up an announcement for tomorrow. Sony really did an E3 type of show in December. Wonder what they got planned for real E3.

So the gauranteed money in cutlers contract does not become fully gauranteed unless he is still on the roster on March 2015. The Bears would save $16m by cutting him before then. I wonder if they do blow CFL coach and Jpout both out at the end of the season.

Who would they get to replace him?

"Josh McCown is our quarterback"?

#STAYMADBRO

Yall got better in the last few years, bet lets be real the smash community was a bunch of fuck tards for a good portion of the first decade in the 2000s.

I've learn to accept and like many members of the smash community but never forget all the stupid crap yall did from 2002 to like 2010.

cajunator

Banned

Its a shame because content wise WiiU has been some of Nintendos best stuff.

lol console warriors
Not really just never been a fan of the XBOX.

Yall got better in the last few years, bet lets be real the smash community was a bunch of fuck tards for a good portion of the first decade in the 2000s.

I've learn to accept and like many members of the smash community but never forget all the stupid crap yall did from 2002 to like 2010.

I ride with the normal FGC over the Smash community any day though. I just like the game series better.

Top Bottom