• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 14 |OT| Best In The World

Mindlog

DALEAgF.jpg

Would kill for a new Powerstone
Good taste.

JABEE

Seems like the SF news might not be the biggest news coming out of the event. People are freaking out in Gaming over the Xbox One being excluded.

Boose

Rams signed P Johnny Hekker to a 6 year deal.

Expect the record
Is this tracked?
for fake punts to be broken within a couple years.

Colasante

DJ Fluker suffered a concussion, missed one day of practice, then came back today. That... seems odd. Hopefully they hold him out, for his own sake, and for the sake of the Patriots' pass rush.

Driving through downtown L.A. is depressing

Just imagine you're living in the prequel to Blade Runner and it's not so bad.

Just looking at that makes me kinda sick.

DJ Fluker suffered a concussion, missed one day of practice, then came back today. That... seems odd. Hopefully they hold him out, for his own sake, and for the sake of the Patriots' pass rush.

How could he pass the protocols that fast? Maybe they had him working on the side or something. Couldn't be full practice.

Hmmm that could work

Bros, help me decide on whether 50mbps is plenty enough or if I should get the "Premium" deal that's 100mbps. I would think 50mbps would be enough to stream movies no problem and I doubt I'd see much of an improvement in gaming either. Am I wrong in thinking this? I want to make sure I have the speed for smooth MP experiences, especially Halo after they fix it but I know that speed is really talking about your LAN and not your actual internet speed. I believe I'm around 25-30mbps download right now but Cox doubled the speed in their plans and swapping to one of these two new plans.

KingGondo

Banned
Bros, help me decide on whether 50mbps is plenty enough or if I should get the "Premium" deal that's 100mbps. I would think 50mbps would be enough to stream movies no problem and I doubt I'd see much of an improvement in gaming either. Am I wrong in thinking this? I want to make sure I have the speed for smooth MP experiences, especially Halo after they fix it but I know that speed is really talking about your LAN and not your actual internet speed. I believe I'm around 25-30mbps download right now but Cox doubled the speed in their plans and swapping to one of these two new plans.
Isn't switching to a higher speed as simple as calling Cox?

Go with the lower speed and if it isn't fast enough, call them up to upgrade.

50mbps is probably plenty for anything you want to do as long as you actually get the advertised speeds.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I have a 40mb connection right now and it's pretty much fine for all of my gaming and downloading needs. I'm using wired connections for everything that I can though because it seems like the speeds using that are vastly superior to the modem's built in wireless

50 should be fine for everything you want

I'm going to be a first time customer with them and am assuming my initial discount won't apply if I switch after signing up. Is this not the case?
I have a 40mb connection right now and it's pretty much fine for all of my gaming and downloading needs. I'm using wired connections for everything that I can though because it seems like the speeds using that are vastly superior to the modem's built in wireless

50mbps is probably plenty for anything you want to do as long as you actually get the advertised speeds.

Oh no doubt if it truly reaches 50 it should be good but I was curious if you guys experienced falling below what your ISP advertise. I'm going wireless though I'm thinking of moving the modem and router out to the living room so I can ethernet it up. I'll still be using wireless for my media streamer in the living room and want to be able to stream blu-ray level content without latency from my office which is why I considered 100 but it seems most people online are at 50 or lower.

zychi

Banned
Anything above 10 is good enough for gaming. The problem lies in the p2p service. Play COD with someone with shit dsl, and it doesn't matter that you have Google Fiber.

the blu ray level content will reallllllllly depend on how good your router is. I have had no luck getting the same quality over wifi as i do wired/with an actual blue ray disc.

Weirdly enough, Netflix looks fantastic for me via chromecast wifi

Colasante

Sounds like Brandon Marshall is going to be done for the rest of the season. What a lost season for the Bears. I thought Jay Cutler had a chance at the MVP. Fool me six times, shame on me. I'm finally done with Jay.

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 15m15 minutes ago
NFL confirms #Panthers CB Josh Norman fined $11,025 for his "predominantly silver cleats" vs #Vikings. Not fined for taunting.

lol get fucked Rog

Sounds like Brandon Marshall is going to be done for the rest of the season. What a lost season for the Bears. I thought Jay Cutler had a chance at the MVP. Fool me six times, shame on me. I'm finally done with Jay.

This is where ez laughs at you for letting it get up to six.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yeah my NFL Mobile app just said collapsed lung and broken ribs.

Yikes. I hear broken ribs are the worst because there's supposedly nothing they can do other than give you painkillers.

cajunator

Banned

how much is premium? if its like 50$/month then go for it.

Tom Penny

I despise them with a passion. Internet works as intended though. I pay almost 2 bills for internet and cable. Totally absurd. I don't even have movie channels.

Konka

Banned
Here in glorious Europe, I have a 5mbs connection. Don't believe the hype, guys.

Eh, I've got 25mbs here in Ireland and we're paying for the basic plan. What's great here in glorious Europe is €20 top up a month on my prepay I get unlimited data, unlimited text, unlimited network calling and unlimited weekend calling for my cellphone. Holy shit I never realized how much of a rip off smart phone plans in the USA are.

I don't for the life of me understand why people hated Uncharted 3 so much.
It was far more narratively competent than U2 and they took out a lot of the man-child pandering.

It wasn't as dramatic of a difference like U1 ---> U2 but still.

That being said, U4 doesn't interest me in the slightest.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Eh, I've got 25mbs here in Ireland and we're paying for the basic plan. What's great here in glorious Europe is €20 top up a month on my prepay I get unlimited data, unlimited text, unlimited network calling and unlimited weekend calling for my cellphone. Holy shit I never realized how much of a rip off smart phone plans in the USA are.

Meanwhile, I have a hard data cap that I have to pay 5 euro for to up by 250 mbs. And that was the best cell plan.

Bavaria is basically the stone age.

Fox318

I just saw a hummer with a bunch of hippie and boo Conservative bumber stickers next to a Prius with a no liberal and nobama sticker.

It was an odd sight.

jakncoke

Banned
Lesean McCoy is 46 yards from being Eagles all time rushing leader over Wilbert Montgomery

Randal Cunninham is 6th all time on their list with 4482

Norm Van Brocklin was 30 carries for 5 career yards with the Eagles. with a 12 long.

Top Bottom