• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 14 |OT| Best In The World

who's the hipster now, bucket?!
Hey, Bread?

disney.png

#getonmylevel

This is a very weird exclusivity "deal". When they say "PC" they are actually saying "Windows", i.e., a Microsoft platform. So then, why not releasing it for Xbox One too?

Here's my theory: The intention for the new SFV is to unify online, i.e., you can play against anyone, regardless of the platform they are using. And we all know this is something that Xbox Live doesn't allow and Microsoft are really stubborn about it (remember the Steamworks/Portal 2 PS3/PC "exclusivity")

Interesting. The would be pretty nice that happened.

Isn't about equal to the xbox one? It had a year headstart but that't not terribly relevant when looking at existing install base. Maybe that's why SFV said fuuuuuuuuuck you xbone?

Brawl came out?!? SPOILER
It's pretty damn relevant because ultimately many gamers don't buy a system until it has a game they give a shit about. You might have a pre-established user base, gamers that are definitely going to buy the system, but they still won't get it until there's a game to play. There was absolutely nothing worth buying the Wii U for when it came out just like there wasn't for Xbone or PS4. That year head start is everything and I can pretty much guarantee Xbone will have sold far more than Wii U when it's been out as long as the Wii U currently has. The Wii U has struggled mightily for most of its existence.
Someday it'll be the next Dreamcast where everyone puts on rose tinted glasses and deludes themselves into not understanding why it didn't perform better.
jnc I'm a Dreamcast warrior. Soul Calibur and Resident Evil: Code Veronica blew my mind with their graphics when they came out and Skies of Arcadia is probably my second favorite game of all time (though the GameCube edition that came later is better). There were a lot of great games on it.
Its a shame because content wise WiiU has been some of Nintendos best stuff.

It has the best library of the three right now but some of their best stuff? How so? Mario was a large step backwards from what Galaxy did, DK felt like a rehashed cash-in to me from Returns in HD, Smash is good as always but doesn't stand out from the previous entries beyond being in HD. I mean, there are good and fun games, the ones I just mentioned were all enjoyable to me but I just don't think they are as good as everyone else is making them out to be. I think people are just starved for competent games which we are severely lacking with the beginning of a new generation.

cajunator

Banned
It's pretty damn relevant because ultimately many gamers don't buy a system until it has a game they give a shit about. You might have a pre-established user base, gamers that are definitely going to buy the system, but they still won't get it until there's a game to play. There was absolutely nothing worth buying the Wii U for when it came out just like there wasn't for Xbone or PS4. That year head start is everything and I can pretty much guarantee Xbone will have sold far more than Wii U when it's been out as long as the Wii U currently has. The Wii U has struggled mightily for most of its existence.

jnc I'm a Dreamcast warrior. Soul Calibur and Resident Evil: Code Veronica blew my mind with their graphics when they came out and Skies of Arcadia is probably my second favorite game of all time (though the GameCube edition that came later is better). There were a lot of great games on it.

It has the best library of the three right now but some of their best stuff? How so? Mario was a large step backwards from what Galaxy did, DK felt like a rehashed cash-in to me from Returns in HD, Smash is good as always but doesn't stand out from the previous entries beyond being in HD. I mean, there are good and fun games, the ones I just mentioned were all enjoyable to me but I just don't think they are as good as everyone else is making them out to be. I think people are just starved for competent games which we are severely lacking with the beginning of a new generation.

Im never starved for good games. I have too many to play as it is already

cajunator

Banned
With the amount of online lag I can't believe people want to play fighting games.

Actually it depends on the quality of the online netcode.
some fighting games use a standard called GGPO.
this is by far the best code for fighting games and for example Skullgirls uses it.
you should research which games use GGPO for the best online fighting game experience.

The shit part of working at a small company is I have to do all sorts of shit work that I don't feel like doing. Case in point, I had to install a server in the rack, install the OS, and now I am configuring the environment. What a phenomenal waste of my time.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Happy "US Airways somehow lost my luggage at Phoenix and I'm waiting for my clothes, boxers etc. and waiting by Long Beach Airport to get my shit back" day.

Oh and thanks Bears for giving the Cowboys some confidence. Thanks.

jbug617

Banned
PS4 & PC only right? So no chance of an arcade version? Haven't really read the entire thread yet

not yet. Super Street Fighter 4 skipped arcades and then they got Arcade Edition. Could be the same situation where it goes from Street Fighter 5 to Super Street Fighter 5.

MechDX

Watt is 1 of 3 modern era players, regardless of position, to have at least 3 TD catches, a fumble return TD & pick 6 in a career. #Texans

MVP MVP MVP

zychi

Banned
Sony showing that being a PC gamer is where its at again. If EA would get their shit together and put the sports games on Origin, and MS puts their games (Halo, Gears) on PC. I can be Ninty+PC forever

I do love my X1 now tho. Only game left on ps4 i want to play is uncharted 4

Sony showing that being a PC gamer is where its at again. If EA would get their shit together and put the sports games on Origin, and MS puts their games (Halo, Gears) on PC. I can be Ninty+PC forever

I do love my X1 now tho. Only game left on ps4 i want to play is uncharted 4

Is the ND A team even working on Uncharted 4? I am worried that it will be the B team again and the top devs will all be on Last of Us 2.

Bowser

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 19m19 minutes ago
#Bucs OC Jeff Tedford, away on leave, will not be part of the staff moving forward, source says. Tampa Bay will find a new OC for 2015

also

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m4 minutes ago
Rams signed Pro-Bowl P Johnny Hekker to 6-year, $18 million extension, including $9 million guaranteed, highest guarantee given to a P or K.

lol wat

Top Bottom