• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 14 |OT| Best In The World

Sounds like Brandon Marshall is going to be done for the rest of the season. What a lost season for the Bears. I thought Jay Cutler had a chance at the MVP. Fool me six times, shame on me. I'm finally done with Jay.

In 9 years Cutler has played with so many talented players on offense and yet his teams have only managed to win 1 playoff game. He is a slightly more successful Fattord.

Colasante

Sounds like Dont'a Hightower's shoulder remains an issue for him in practice. The Patriots might have to use Jamie Collins, Akeem Ayers, and Jonathan Casillas as linebackers, with Chandler Jones or Dominique Easley at defensive end, if Hightower can't go against the Chargers. I imagine the Chargers will try a run-heavy approach, so this could be problematic if Mathews and Oliver can get going.

cajunator

Banned
I don't for the life of me understand why people hated Uncharted 3 so much.
It was far more narratively competent than U2 and they took out a lot of the man-child pandering.

It wasn't as dramatic of a difference like U1 ---> U2 but still.

That being said, U4 doesn't interest me in the slightest.

The melee shit is what soured me on U3. Settingswise it was even more atmospheric and fun than U2.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Eric Ebron: "B-R-U-H, Just say I'm aight, bruh. You going to write that?"

ALLEN PARK -- Eric Ebron has been disliked by some since the moment he was drafted 10th overall by the Detroit Lions.

He wasn't a cornerback. He wasn't a defensive lineman. He was yet another tight end, and some have held that against him.

The detractors have grown louder over the course of the season, as Ebron struggled to produce on the field and then missed three weeks with a hamstring injury. And they've grown even louder this week, as Detroit prepares to face Tampa Bay on Sunday.

The Buccaneers will start a rookie receiver, Mike Evans, who has 53 for 890 yards and eight touchdowns. That dwarfs Ebron's 19 catches for 171 yards and one touchdown.

But Ebron's spirits remain buoyed.

"I'm aight, bruh," he said when approached by reporters in the locker room Friday. "B-R-U-H. Just say I'm aight, bruh. You going to write that?"

Ebron remains his usual playful self, despite some growing pains. He prefers to look at the positives, including the playing time he's gotten in recent weeks. He's played at least 42 snaps the past two weeks and averaged more than five targets the past three games.

He had four catches in the first half of Detroit's 34-17 win against the Chicago Bears on Thanksgiving.

"It's straight," Ebron said. "I mean, I'm playing. I'm a rookie and playing. I can't complain. I'm at a really tough position.

"I'm playing. I can't be more happy about playing. I think last game was, what, the most snaps I've played? Felt like it after the game, too. I can't complain. I'm playing a really tough position, and the coaches, general manager, everybody has confidence in me."

Coach Jim Caldwell said this week he believes Ebron could still finish the season with a flourish, and has confidence that the prized tight end will pan out.

Ebron shares that belief, emphasizing just how complicated the tight end position is in this offense, and just how much he had to learn when he got here. He ran a spread offense at North Carolina that is wildly different from Joe Lombardi's system in Detroit.

"Spread offense didn't have as many key points, as many details you needed to worry about," Ebron said. "Now it's very nitpicky, very detailed, and I got great help from (Brandon Pettigrew) helping me mold into the things I"m doing now to learn and progress into the tight end everyone wants and expects me to be."

"I had great coaching (at North Carolina)," he continued, "but I wasn't coached up on things that are so nitpicky in the NFL -- that can change a play, or move, or get you open and things like that because in college spacing is a lot different. Fundamentals are a lot different."

It has taken Ebron longer than he would like to get up to speed, but stresses he's getting close to turning a corner thanks to all the recent snaps, as well as his burgeoning chemistry with quarterback Matthew Stafford.

What does he want to prove in the last four games of his rookie season?

"That I can be a threat, and not waste my opportunities," Ebron said. "Just go out there and take hold of every chance I get."

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2014/12/slow-starting_detroit_lions_ro_1.html

B-R-U-H, Ebron is hitting his stride at the perfect time and will be a key player in our Super Bowl run this year.

Restore the Roar 2014.

Farooq

Banned
The league is investigating the Cowboys for not disclosing that Romo had broke his ribs (playing with it for two months).

Edit: Looking back, I remember Romo saying he hurt is ribs, but he could not decipher whether it happened against the Rams or the Saints.

Second Edit: Cowboys sources saying Romo had torn rib cartilage. The hit he took from Wagner in the game against the Seahawks lead to the injury.

I want to see and play the new Zelda. A Link Between Worlds was the best Zelda since A Link to the Past.
I really liked ALBW but I don't really see the amazing love for I see on this site. I didn't really like rent to own system that much either. It's a really good game though.

Isn't this a Video game forum site?

That's why I laugh every time Konka complains about people talking video games in here. Let's face it, we probably talk football the LEAST out of all topics.

We talk about girls, food, jobs, beer, [REDACTED]'s vices, TV shows, movies, comic books, politics, laughing at gaming side, all more than football.

Do you really think we wouldn't talk video games as well?

Konka

Banned
That's why I laugh every time Konka complains about people talking video games in here. Let's face it, we probably talk football the LEAST out of all topics.

We talk about girls, food, jobs, beer, [REDACTED]'s vices, TV shows, movies, comic books, politics, laughing at gaming side, all more than football.

Well, to my defense, that's only because there is an entire side of the site that is dedicated to talking about video games that I make a point to not visit because the last thing I care to hear about is video game talk.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

It's a damn community thread. We talk about everything in here (except soccer and baseball).

It's a damn community thread. We talk about everything in here (except soccer and baseball).

The MLS scoring system is stupid. I don't understand how you score more points and lose.

Nelson Cruz can use steroids if he wants. I wouldn't mind. Matter of fact please use steroids, just don't get caught.

Konka

Banned

Moussa-Sissoko-and-Loic-Rem.jpg

Unfortunately my boys at Newcastle lost. But I know we'll pull it out next time.

Let's be honest, most people in this thread don't know shit about football, they just care that their team win or loses.

I will be the first to admit, I don't know as much as I should.

#CultOfPersonality

Anyway talking football, the Panthers' bitchassness knows no bounds.

Tammy Davis:Saints ran up the score last year

In general, the notion of "running up the score" rubs me the wrong way. If a team is attempting to play defense, than doing anything other going 100% trying to score is against the nature of the game. It's true in college and it's even more true in NFL.

TD58, I love you, but you're a grown ass man being paid to play football. Put some pride in your craft and try to stop them if you feel like you're being disrespected.

cajunator

Banned
Anyway talking football, the Panthers' bitchassness knows no bounds.

Tammy Davis:Saints ran up the score last year

In general, the notion of "running up the score" rubs me the wrong way. If a team is attempting to play defense, than doing anything other going 100% trying to score is against the nature of the game. It's true in college and it's even more true in NFL.

TD58, I love you, but you're a grown ass man being paid to play football. Put some pride in your craft and try to stop them if you feel like you're being disrespected.

the Saints never really run up the score. they are trying to create enough of a cushion that if their defense fucks up, and it will, that it wont cost us the game.

Top Bottom