• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 14 |OT| Best In The World

how much is premium? if its like 50$/month then go for it.
I believe it's 72.99/month after the first three months and amounts to about 11 bucks more per month than the 50mbps package. So I'd save over a hundred per year I guess which isn't that significant but I could still blow that money elsewhere if 100 would be major overkill. I'd probably do it but I've just read too many stories about ISPs fucking over customers and pretending the higher package offers much more when the actual results aren't much of a difference.
I don't for the life of me understand why people hated Uncharted 3 so much.
It was far more narratively competent than U2 and they took out a lot of the man-child pandering.

It wasn't as dramatic of a difference like U1 ---> U2 but still.

That being said, U4 doesn't interest me in the slightest.
Me neither but why aren't you interested in 4 before we really know anything? Especially since it's supposed to be Drake's last hurrah so it will be cool to see his arc cap off.

Konka

Banned
Paris. So obv.

Paris.

I mean the Arc De Triomphe is right there.

Gata pls.

Paris is a really ugly city in the modern era. Too much clash between old and new.

Good job, other than Gata. I was just curious because you never seen photos taken of the Paris skyscrapers in general.

Me neither but why aren't you interested in 4 before we really know anything? Especially since it's supposed to be Drake's last hurrah so it will be cool to see his arc cap off.
I'm a big believer in that movies should never have more than a trilogy and TV shows should never have more than 3-5 seasons.

The more you exceed this rule, typically the greater drop in quality.

U3 wrapped things up nicely and U4 looks like Naughty Dog does Tomb Raider 2013. It could be good, I maintain an open mind, but they're fighting an uphill battle with my hipster sensibility.

Tha fuck?

That retort doesn't begin to make sense

Probably because the Panthers are playing CFL-tier football right now, so Drake has hitched his wagon to them. I dunno, I don't even try to understand his witful quips.

Woof, just stepped outside to grab the mail and someone in my hall is smoking some dank-ass shit.

I'm a big believer in that movies should never have more than a trilogy and TV shows should never have more than 3-5 seasons.

The more you exceed this rule, typically the greater drop in quality.

U3 wrapped things up nicely and U4 looks like Naughty Dog does Tomb Raider 2013. It could be good, I maintain an open mind, but they're fighting an uphill battle with my hipster sensibility.

The setup for this entry looks like a more proper send off with a one last hurrah scenario where the stakes can be at their highest. I have a feeling Sulley will die in this one.

cajunator

Banned
I believe it's 72.99/month after the first three months and amounts to about 11 bucks more per month than the 50mbps package. So I'd save over a hundred per year I guess which isn't that significant but I could still blow that money elsewhere if 100 would be major overkill. I'd probably do it but I've just read too many stories about ISPs fucking over customers and pretending the higher package offers much more when the actual results aren't much of a difference.

damn thats a lot. 72.99 or thereabouts gets you 1gbps over here.

Gata pls.

Good job, other than Gata. I was just curious because you never seen photos taken of the Paris skyscrapers in general.

I recognized some of them, like the hollow square and the Arc and one other one.

The setup for this entry looks like a more proper send off with a one last hurrah scenario where the stakes can be at their highest. I have a feeling Sulley will die in this one.
Getting more hipstery:

The tone of U1-U3 is generally light in the vein of Indiana Jones. It's been a fun, adventure game with the requisite amount of depth to ground the characters enough so you care about them.
Upping the intensity and stakes is a tonal shift in the franchise and one it doesn't need or earn.

I don't want to see Nathan Drake talking about how life has dragged him down and how he's too old for this shit. Uncharted was good because it was confident being what it was. It wasn't The Last of Us, it wasn't Tomb Raider 2013, it was a fun cinematic game without a lot of pretense.

jakncoke

Banned
I see you people are in need of some trivia.

brett favre once went 28-61 and the packers still beat the falcons 23-20

I don't understand why so many want a new Crash Bandicoot game.

grew up loving the ps1 versions. but they dont realize nostalgia is tinting reality and no way a new one will touch the old school ones. so fuck it why even try?

Getting more hipstery:

The tone of U1-U3 is generally light in the vein of Indiana Jones. It's been a fun, adventure game with the requisite amount of depth to ground the characters enough so you care about them.
Upping the intensity and stakes is a tonal shift in the franchise and one it doesn't need or earn.

I don't want to see Nathan Drake talking about how life has dragged him down and how he's too old for this shit. Uncharted was good because it was confident being what it was. It wasn't The Last of Us, it wasn't Tomb Raider 2013, it was a fun cinematic game without a lot of pretense.

I can appreciate that stance. I felt like U3 was shifting that way a bit already though not as heavily. At least at the point where you went to the desert.

God of War is a blast to play, it's just a matter of taking the plot as far as it can go. You already slayed all the main gods and Titans, what the hell is left that wouldn't be incredibly underwhelming? As much as I'd love a new GoW, I just don't see how it can be done satisfactory.

cajunator

Banned
Getting more hipstery:

Agreed. U1-3 was just like some sort of Indiana Jones movie and the set pieces really made it work. A lot of it was just eye candy but it looked right for that sort of adventure. I appreciated the puzzle solving aspects of it greatly. The ability to shoot propane tanks like a grenade was pretty awesome too. Otherwise it was kind of frustrating combat-wise. Everything is a bullet sponge.

I hate it when they ruin a song by looping a sample over and over.

Agreed. U1-3 was just like some sort of Indiana Jones movie and the set pieces really made it work. A lot of it was just eye candy but it looked right for that sort of adventure. I appreciated the puzzle solving aspects of it greatly. The ability to shoot propane tanks like a grenade was pretty awesome too. Otherwise it was kind of frustrating combat-wise. Everything is a bullet sponge.

I hate it when they ruin a song by looping a sample over and over.

Do you have a Vita, Cajun? If so, have you played SAO?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
No I dont have a VIta and fuck SAO. I really hate that show except for Lizbeth and Sinon and Klein. I almost got a Vita for Gravity Daze, until I played it. Dont like how it controlled.

Klein being the main character would have made the show about 100 times better.

No I dont have a VIta and fuck SAO. I really hate that show except for Lizbeth and Sinon and Klein. I almost got a Vita for Gravity Daze, until I played it. Dont like how it controlled.

Ha! Well then, nvm ;P I still can't believe Naruto is over after so many years.

jakncoke

Banned
I won a ladybug backpack.

Sweet?

maxresdefault.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
#BabyPenis

I have no way to confirm how hung Stafford is (we all know he has balls of steel) but his hand size span is 10 inches compared whereas Aaron Rodgers is 9.38 hand size span.

You know what they say about guys with big hands.

cdyhybrid

Q: We have seen Good Bad Teams and Bad Good Teams, but what about the NFL’s first “Vulture” division? Didn’t the AFC North teams just spend the season picking at the lifeless corpse of the NFC South? Would you put money on Cincy, Pittsburgh, Balthimore, or Cleveland in a playoff game?
—Scott, Cranberry Twp.

BS: True fact: The AFC North is 11-2-1 against the NFC South, 7-1 against the Jags/Titans/Raiders, 8-8 against each other … and 3-7 against everyone else. Of that “everyone else,” six were potential playoff teams.

Week 5: New England 43, Cincinnati 17

Week 5: Indianapolis 20, Baltimore 13

Week 7: Indianapolis 27, Cincinnati 0

Week 8: Pittsburgh 51, Indianapolis 34

Week 13: San Diego 34, Baltimore 33

Week 13: Buffalo 26, Cleveland 10

Translation: Start getting excited to wager against the AFC North champ in Round 1. Seriously. Start tucking money away.

From Simmons' column.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Simmons' should stick to basketball, which he's great at. None of that shit matters when you get in the playoffs, whereas in basketball we generally know who's going to win.

Any Given Sunday.

Top Bottom