• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 14 |OT| Best In The World

I know NFL-GAF is the center of the music world. There was a recent thread talking about Taylor Swift pulling her music from Spotify, and in there gaffer D.Lo commented about his own band. I asked him the name of the band and he PM'd me. Very modest, but I think they sound great, so thought I'd try help get the word out. I know how difficult it is as an indie to get recognition.

Check em out:
http://throughaglassdarklymusic.com

Happy Saturday

giphy.gif

That would be cool but 99% of people would hate that.

Gaming has moved on from that.

Hell Nintendo has moved on from that.

I know i'll likely never get it from Nintendo. Demon's Souls did scratch that itch a bit.

I just hope that Nintendo refrains from holding my hand too much. When Skyward Sword really got going it was fantastic, but the first third of the game..ugh.

eznark

Banned
I just recently got a new in box Zelda 3DS bundle from the BST thread. I've been, albeit slowly, working through Zelda ALBW.
I've basically missed all Zelda games since the first, with small times put into some of the console versions. When it comes down to it though, I much prefer the top down view and don't know that I could bother with the real 3D worlds.

Play Minnish Cap next!

squicken

http://www.tmz.com/category/tmzsports#ixzz3L8GOT5xj

Robert Griffin III is a spoiled diva who cares more about branding himself than winning ... so says a Washington Redskins player who tells us he's not the only one in the locker room who feels this way.

The player -- who spoke with us on the condition of anonymity -- says playing with RG3 has been a nightmare this season ... and the locker room has lost faith in the QB.

"No one is happy ... no one gets the hype around him anymore."

As bad as Griffin's play on the field has been this year, our guy tells us it's actually RG3's off-the-field demeanor that ticks off his fellow players the most.

"He's secluded and it affects us in the game. We don't have that real rapport. He's lost confidence and is complacent now."

There's more ... Griffin's mediocre season has made some of his teammates skeptical of not just his future with the Redskins ... but in the league period.

"I don't see him being in the NFL for that long," we're told ... "I think he goes into politics. He's good at that kinda thing."

e: bleak times, Arsebros

I think someone said he did something on fantasy football.

So at least it's probably not a Hito situation (which is always in the back of my mind now whenever one of yall quit posting, even though it's 100x more likely that people just stop posting).

That's what I was worried about. Hope he comes back soon!

Bread

Banned
I think someone said he did something on fantasy football.

So at least it's probably not a Hito situation (which is always in the back of my mind now whenever one of yall quit posting, even though it's 100x more likely that people just stop posting).
Yup he's probably just milching himself minus the ban.

Striker

We read a lot coming out of the draft how he was big into himself and enlarging his brand. He was a great athlete, but he's been dog shit for a while now.

Working on a Saturday sucks. We're not busy so I've been watching HIPAA compliance videos for like 3 hours. I'm working tommorrow too, but I'll be watching football, at least.

Spinluck

Zelda looked great in terms of how beautiful the world appeared.

That's great, but I want to see some dungeons and I hope that the world is filled enough to make the world feel alive. I've got high hopes for it, especially with how well crafted ALBTW was.

I'm excited to see Starfox as well.

The video was a weird way of showing the game, only thing that excited me was the fact that this might be a 3D Zelda allllll about exploring (none of them never matched the top down ones in that regard). I want to get lost again, no hand holding and shit. ALBW captured this kind of well.

If the map is indeed as massive as it looks, throw random mini dungeons all over that shit. No overabundance of crappy fetch quest or checklist missions please.

RBH

A fight between two Bears fans and four Cowboys fans last night outside Soldier Field ended with the Bears fans sent to the hospital with stab wounds.

The fight started around 10:45 p.m. Thursday in the 400 block of East 18th Street when four men began yelling "the Bears suck" at two men from Oak Lawn, according to a police report.

"The victims yelled back 'Cowboys suck,' " and someone from the group of Cowboys fans threw beer into the eyes of one of the Bears fans, the report said. The Cowboys fans then jumped on the Bears fans and cut them, the report said.

One of the victims was stabbed nine times in the back, while the other suffered a single puncture wound. Both were taken to the hospital with injuries that were described as non-life-threatening. The attackers fled in a car, and no arrests were made.

UPDATE

A Bears fan attacked outside Soldier Field says police have it all wrong: He and his buddy weren't attacked by Cowboys fans, they were stabbed by fellow Bears fans for saying something nice about the Packers.

"We were just idiots," said the 21-year-old man from Oak Lawn, still nursing a cut to his shoulder from Thursday night's post-game scuffle.

His friend fared worse, suffering eight or nine cuts to the back. "It was probably a knife because the cuts were so clean," said the man, who did not want to be identified.

Both were treated at Northwestern Memorial Hospital and released.

The man said he and his friend were in the parking lot in the 400 block of East 18th Street around 10:45 p.m., rehashing the Bears loss, when they started talking about the Green Bay Packers. "I was saying the Packers are awesome this year, why can’t I be born a Packers fan?"

The comment caught the attention of another man in the lot who stormed up. “I went to go shake hands but as soon as I did, his buddy came up and threw beer at my head,’’ the man said. “Beer got in my eyes and blinded me.

"Then everything went downhill," the man said. "I was trying to defend myself and run away. I was running away, I remember."

The man believes he was cut as he stumbled around, trying to see.

Three friends of the man who got angry "shanked" his friend eight or nine times in the back, he said. "I guess they piled on him and I just ran around in circles ... I couldn't see. Three of his buddies attacked my one buddy."

Several witnesses helped piece together what happened after the two friends were placed in an ambulance, but the man disputed the police report, which said the attackers started it all by yelling that the “Bears suck.’’

"I think they had to be Bears fans," he said of the men who attacked them, though they weren't wearing any Bears jerseys.

The man said he didn’t even realize he was injured until he felt soreness and told paramedics, who found he’d been cut. "My back didn’t feel good and it was all red," he said.

The man said he and his friend from high school "were just both in shock," but also found it funny.

"We were texting each other back and forth even at the hospital,’’ he said. “We weren’t really that bad, I was laughing the whole time I was in the ambulance and in the hospital."

The attackers fled in a red or maroon car, possibly a Mitsubishi Mirage or Mazda Protege, police said. They added that everyone involved appeared to have been drinking.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ans-outside-soldier-field-20141205-story.html

Top Bottom