• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 14 |OT| Best In The World

KaYotiX

Banned
Just beat Sunset Overdrive. Love the ending :)

Also Packers hopefully roll the Falcons this Monday night. Keep the pedal down!

Colasante

B333Y2JCIAA9hv2.png:large

NFC South just looks like a continuation of the NFC North.

Are they Panthers just cutting everyone who fucks up in a game? Didn't they cut their whole secondary a few weeks ago for having a bad game?

That locker room must be a nightmare.

The coaches are talking about making players take accountability for their play and this is apparently their way of showing that bs will not be tolerated. They just look like asshats though doing this when they are 3-8-1 and another loss away from being done for the playoffs.

This team is what it looks like when a group of players with below average talent completely give up on their coaching staff. A hot fucking mess.

Shula is definitely gone and if not for the fact that we gave Coward Ron a four year deal after last year and DG hates paying people to not work for him (except for if he is a borderline Hall of Fame wide receiver in an offense low on playmakers), he'd definitely be gone too.

I have all the confidence in the world that the Packers will win on Monday, they just need to stay healthy against a motivated and dirty Falcons team.

Not at all. Vikings are trending upward, Bears are underachieving.

As average as the North generally is, the Panthers and Bucs are just godawful football teams.

RELAYER

Banned
You've been calling us dirty for years.
If we were dirty we'd be a lot fucking better.
No one cares about injuring your dudes.
That would be the Saints' department.

RELAYER

Banned
Dirty =/= good.

Also it's well documented that your team is dirty. Don't play that weak shit in here son.

Successful dirty = good, otherwise there is no benefit in playing dirty.

What's the documentation? That we have the highest number of dreads?

MechDX

Playing with ESPN's playoff machine it is really damn hard to predict the final 4 weeks of the season. the only really sure things are that the Packers will be the #1 seed in the NFC and the Pats and Broncos will be 1 & 2 in the AFC.

Everything else can go either way.

What's the documentation?
qGGxT2Vs.jpg

"You watch film of Atlanta's O-line and they're 20, 30 yards down the field cutting guys."

- Cliff Avril

22wQhjys.png

"We know they have that quote unquote reputation but in a way it kind of is exciting. Most people, you would call them dirtbags but it is what it is. We got to make sure we do our job and if we are doing our job."

- Justin Tuck, DE

QBpvkYks.jpg

"Great teams don't indulge in the kind of cheap stuff the Falcons do. We walk away from the stuff they pull. These guys are coached to play after the whistle. I don't know what the deal is. I think it's a lack of talent on their part. We didn't worry about any of that."

- BJ Raji, NT

RugiiXIs.png

"There are many, many plays that I could go back to that I watch on film all week that their offensive line has done and that they've been coached to do, as far as I know. It's not anything that's been said, it's not anything that's new."

- Kastrioti's jerkoff material

Spinluck

Only two types of people exist in this world.

Those who love eggnog, and those who think it is fucking disgusting.

I have never met anyone in between who thinks it's just ok.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
B333Y2JCIAA9hv2.png:large

Lion fans are pretty crazy. Got that NFC North fervor plus being broken from years of failure and 0-16. When the Lions fail to make the playoffs again this year we'll probably have to dome up Detroit for everyone's safety.

If we somehow miss the playoffs and one of those garbage NFC South teams makes the playoffs I'll probably call it quits. I won't be able to take another offseason thread of defending Stafford and discussing draft picks.

RELAYER

Banned
So a bunch of sore losers from teams we beat.
Not the most unbiased of sources I must say.

:jnfc at Suh of all people talking about who is dirty. I remember him getting ejected for literally stomping a guy in the head one Thanksgiving.

MechDX

If we somehow miss the playoffs and one of those garbage NFC South teams makes the playoffs I'll probably call it quits. I won't be able to take another offseason thread of defending Stafford and discussing draft picks.

Wut? #IGiveUpTheRoar2015

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

So.....this means you won't wear whatever avatar I select for you?

Y'all tried to warn me about this bet.

Yet you lost to one of those garbage NFCS teams and probably should have lost to the Falcons too.

I have the same response to everyone complaining that they might miss the playoffs yet an NFCS team makes it: It's your own fucking fault that you couldn't win enough games to get in.

As long as divisions exist, there will be an incentive for winning them. Deal with it

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
See, this is why we need that dome!

Well one of the garbage NFC South have to make it by default. And the Lions playoff chances will probably all come down to that Green Bay game. In that scenario, a win means divisional champs, a loss means no playoffs, and a tie means wild card. Now that's a great last SNF game!

Yet you lost to one of those garbage NFCS teams and probably should have lost to the Falcons too.

I have the same response to everyone complaining that they might miss the playoffs yet an NFCS team makes it: It's your own fucking fault that you couldn't win enough games to get in.

As long as divisions exist, there will be an incentive for winning them. Deal with it
Easy for you to say, try being in a division with the stupid Patriots!

MechDX

Not entirely true. messing around with the Playoff Machine the Cowboys finish 11-5 and miss the playoffs. That is straight up bullshit like the Seahawks a few years ago making the playoffs at 7-9

cdyhybrid

Not entirely true. messing around with the Playoff Machine the Cowboys finish 11-5 and miss the playoffs. That is straight up bullshit like the Seahawks a few years ago making the playoffs at 7-9

Nah, we beat the defending champs in the playoffs.

RELAYER

Banned

How can you say the Seahawks making the playoffs was bullshit when they won a game?

Entirely true.

Want to make the playoffs? Don't get embarrassed at home against the Eagles. Don't lose to the fucking Redskins and Colt McCoy.

And I'm not just saying this because its my division that's in question. I said the same thing when people were complaining about the NFC WORST a few years ago. If you want to get rid of the divisions entirely, that's a whole other issue. But as long as they are still around, the winner has to get a playoff berth, otherwise there's no point to them whatsoever.

MechDX

Nah, we beat the defending champs in the playoffs.

How can you say the Seahawks making the playoffs was bullshit when they won a game?

Entirely true.

Want to make the playoffs? Don't get embarrassed at home against the Eagles. Don't lose to the fucking Redskins and Colt McCoy.

And I'm not just saying this because its my division that's in question. I said the same thing when people were complaining about the NFC WORST a few years ago. If you want to get rid of the divisions entirely, that's a whole other issue. But as long as they are still around, the winner has to get a playoff berth, otherwise there's no point to them whatsoever.

if the Cowboys miss the playoffs at 11-5 because some team gets in with a losing record because their division is shit is just plain stupid. It should never happen.

Now Im defending the fucking Cowboys.......screw you people.

RELAYER

Banned
People are mad because they think that if their team gets some entirely arbitrary number of wins (11?, 10?, 9?) then they must be entitled to go to the playoffs.

It's almost as though they want that shitty BCS system in the NFL.

MecDX said:
if the Cowboys miss the playoffs at 11-5 because some team gets in with a losing record because their division is shit is just plain stupid. It should never happen.

This isn't even logical. What is so special about 11-5? Is that the magic number?

MechDX

People are mad because they think that if their team gets some entirely arbitrary number of wins (11?, 10?, 9?) then they must be entitled to go to the playoffs.

It's almost as though they want that shitty BCS system in the NFL.

This isn't even logical. What is so special about 11-5? Is that the magic number?

Not about a magic number. Playoffs are a reward for having a good season. Getting in by default is garbage

As I stated earlier in the thread, you guys HAVE to win 3 of the next four. 2 wins might not cut it, 1 win and there is no way in hell. 2 wins is easy, three is doable. Odds are, you guys get that sixth seed and travel to whatever NFCS team gets in.

Bowser

The Saints are going to finish 9-7 anyway so it's a moot fucking point:

vs CAR
@ CHI
vs ATL
@ TB

Nothing wrong with a 9-7 division winner. No one said shit about the Packers as an 8-7-1 division winner last year.

RELAYER

Banned
Not about a magic number. Playoffs are a reward for having a good season. Getting in by default is garbage

Again, your wish to define the playoffs as a "reward for having a good season" is just as arbitrary.

What is a "good season"? 11-5? 8-8? 9-7?

MechDX

The Saints are going to finish 9-7 anyway so it's a moot fucking point:

vs CAR
@ CHI
vs ATL
@ TB

Nothing wrong with a 9-7 division winner. No one said shit about the Packers as an 8-7-1 division winner last year.

As long as they have a winning record it is all good.

MechDX

Again, your wish to define the playoffs as a "reward for having a good season" is just as arbitrary.

What is a "good season"? 11-5? 8-8? 9-7?

Giants won a Super Bowl with less than 10 wins in the regular season.

Did they have a good season?

Where did anyone get this "magic number" scenario from? I never said that. I stated very clearly if you get in with a losing record because you win a division and other teams have better records THAT is crap. Relayer, whoever that is, made up this "magic number" idea.

Entirely true.

Yeah, at the end of the day I'm with you. I like how the system works. It's not perfect but it gives the divisions meaning and every team has enough of a shot.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Technically, a 3-13 team could make the playoffs while a 13-3 team doesn't. But it's still not likely.

Eliminating the division champs for playoffs wouldn't help parity. It would make the whole attempt at a rotating 3/4 year schedule pointless. And even then people would just complain about 1 division hogging all the playoff spots just because they faced a terrible division that year (see the AFC North).

The only way to make the playoff spots more fair like you want would be to play more games so that the sample size is greater and fluke wins/losses matter less. But then we'd just be watching basketball and all the "parity" and any given sunday fun would be dead.

Syrinx

Imagine if the Panthers were cost several draft positions and couldn't get Amari Cooper or one of tbe OTs, all because Mike Nugent missed a chipshot field goal.

Fun thoughts are fun.

Top Bottom