• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 15 |OT| Drunk in Love

Bread

Banned
Fun fact: Packers and Pats are the only teams to have a better QB sitting on the bench than playing on the field.

JNA

Banned
"Fuck you we're Marvel. What are you going to do ? Watch a DC movie?"

84803-Man-of-Steel-Superman-screamin-mdLM.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kave_Man, are the rumors true that you're well on your way to playing in the NHL?!

Well on my way!

So I've been away for a bit but I know you've all been waiting on my updates for my foray into the world of hockey.

So how this league has it set up is the first 10 weeks (1 hour session a week on Mondays) is all hockey school. The goal is to teach us the basics and get us ready for the games.

The following 7 weeks are one game a week and then after that sometime in mid April is our playoffs where we take the 4 beginner teams where I am in Brampton and have them face off against the Toronto beginner teams as well in a weekend tournament, winner being the best.

So last week was my first on ice session, needless to say I was complete shit. Could barely skate, it was if my knees suddenly vanished from my body out there. I could barely go a meter without almost falling or stumbling. I didn't even make it through the entire session as my back and legs just couldn't adjust to this new feel. Despite all that I wasn't discouraged, I expected to get my ass kicked and that's exactly what happened.

I spent the entire week afterwards bending my knees and getting in a hockey stance whenever I could around the house or even at work. I was only able to get onto the ice again once that week for a short amount of time but it still didn't feel right.

Queue up last night for the second session and it was a night and day difference. I still suck but I was skating a lot better, I was moving faster, turning better and just not stumbling along. I was even able to last through almost the entire practice. Only thing I had to sit out to stretch was doing backwards skating because once again my back just wasn't having it.

But last night I did for the first time get to stickhandle with a puck and shoot it as well. I was pleased with myself that I was able to actually lift the puck and shoot it into the chest of the goalie in one of the drills.

Honestly it's only two weeks in but I am loving this, still got 8 more sessions before games begin though, so plenty of time to continue growing. I'm hoping to hit the rink a few times this week to practice stopping and backwards skating.

hwalker84

Fantasy Help

I can't trust Colin Kaepernick to lead my fantasy team to the championship. Toughest game coming up of the season. Who do I pickup from FA?

Orton
Locker
Fitzpatrick
Manziel
Anderson
McCown
Bortles
Carr
Smith
Hill
Bridgewater
?

Godslay

Banned
Fantasy Help

I can't trust Colin Kaepernick to lead my fantasy team to the championship. Toughest game coming up of the season. Who do I pickup from FA?

Orton
Locker
Fitzpatrick
Manziel
Anderson
McCown
Bortles
Carr
Smith
Hill
Bridgewater
?

Look to the OT, that's all the advice you need.

Strength of Schedule so far:

Rank Team
1. Oakland Raiders
2. Denver Broncos
3. New York Jets
4. Kansas City Chiefs
5. New England Patriots
6. St. Louis Rams
7. Miami Dolphins
8. Chicago Bears
9. San Francisco 49ers
10. Tennessee Titans
11. Jacksonville Jaguars
12. Buffalo Bills
13. New York Giants
14. Carolina Panthers
15. Green Bay Packers
16. Seattle Seahawks
17. San Diego Chargers
18. Minnesota Vikings
19. Washington Redskins
20. Arizona Cardinals
21. Detroit Lions
22. New Orleans Saints
23. Cincinnati Bengals
24. Philadelphia Eagles
25. Baltimore Ravens
26. Indianapolis Colts
27. Atlanta Falcons
28. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
29. Houston Texans
30. Pittsburgh Steelers
31. Dallas Cowboys
32. Cleveland Browns

I can't wait for Week 17. If we're lucky, the Browns will be in a "Win and in" situation, and the Ravens will get to put themselves in the playoffs, knock the Browns out (crush dreams), and Doom and Suggs annihilate Johnny Midget. Seriously....so much potential for joy.

I can't wait for Week 17. If we're lucky, the Browns will be in a "Win and in" situation, and the Ravens will get to put themselves in the playoffs, knock the Browns out (crush dreams), and Doom and Suggs annihilate Johnny Midget. Seriously....so much potential for joy.

Suggs vs a midget really seems unfair. Is this even like humane?

MechDX

I support your destroying Manziel idea but who says you make it out of week 16 with playoff hopes?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Aren't you Canadian? How do you not know how to skate?

I haven't skated since I was like 10 years old.

My family's background is Jamaican, I'm a second generation Canadian so really everything I learned about hockey has been by myself and almost none of my family gives a shit about the sport.

I didn't have many friends who played hockey as a kid and it was just something I've been wanting to do for many years and I decided to finally take the plunge.

Fox318

I haven't skated since I was like 10 years old.

My family's background is Jamaican, I'm a second generation Canadian so really everything I learned about hockey has been by myself and almost none of my family gives a shit about the sport.

I didn't have many friends who played hockey as a kid and it was just something I've been wanting to do for many years and I decided to finally take the plunge.

This sounds like the script to a Disney movie.

Yeah because the Texans wouldn't know any of Kubiaks tendancies at all......

Please, Mech. I'm just having fun with ya. We'll lose, but because it's a road game. Knowing Kubiak means nothing. Joe Flacco playing on the road is everything.

I was at the last game the Ravens played in Houston, and if I remember correctly, we lost 76-3

MechDX

Please, Mech. I'm just having fun with ya. We'll lose, but because it's a road game. Knowing Kubiak means nothing. Joe Flacco playing on the road is everything.

I was at the last game the Ravens played in Houston, and if I remember correctly, we lost 76-3

Let me get through this week
fuck the Colts
and we can start next week. Need all my prayers and hopes to finally win in the Midwest pimple known as Indianapolis

Don't really want to see any designed runs do Manziel in the game Sunday. Wants lots of roll outs, play action and pistol. His running is more to extend plays

Anyone watching on Sunday be respectful towards my favorite player JFF, I will lash out....

Good luck to the raptors tonight Kave monster, but Cavs win

Top Bottom