• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 15 |OT| Drunk in Love

So Sony turned down letting Marvel use Spider-Man in Captain America 3 so they could make an Aunt May movie instead?

These motherfuckers are either Jameis Winston stupid or hate money
This literally made me angry.
xMKW1OJ.gif
The Flash TV show is so good.
Florio reporting that an NFL player did not attend a basketball game. Yes, this is a news item for Pro Football Talk

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/09/manziel-skips-cavs-game/
This is an exclusive to cleveland media.

squicken

He'll be back. Eventually, he'll run out of teams to squicken to and he'll be back!

on.

I was fully prepared to squicken back to the Texans had they done the right thing and drafted JFF. But instead they'd rather have a DE who is already on the fast track to Bustville

Look around you.
There are many things to see, that some would say could never be.
These things I know.
It's true and I will tell you so.
They are there to see, if you believe.
Trolls and wizards and fairy kings, birds that talk and fish that sing.
And if your heart is true, then you will find them too.
In every wish and dream and happy home, you will find a kingdom of the Gnomes.

Damn that's good shit.

I'm the only true member of the JFF fan club. even brother Squicken doubted jFF when played Missouri and LSU, even tough I said he was knicked up.

How many times does your favorite team, draft your favorite college player ? Feels good, faps.

I'll probably go down with JFF. If he does? And I'm ready!

Bread

Banned
Look around you.
There are many things to see, that some would say could never be.
These things I know.
It's true and I will tell you so.
They are there to see, if you believe.
Trolls and wizards and fairy kings, birds that talk and fish that sing.
And if your heart is true, then you will find them too.
In every wish and dream and happy home, you will find a kingdom of the Gnomes.

Damn that's good shit.
is this from the new hobbit film

I'm the only true member of the JFF fan club. even brother Squicken doubted jFF when played Missouri and LSU, even tough I said he was knicked up.

How many times does your favorite team, draft your favorite college player ? Feels good, faps.

I'll probably go down with JFF. If he does? And I'm ready!

How much longer do you have to wear that gross avatar? =/

Edit - LOL at the time I posted this the "Johnny Jamboogie" commercial came on xD

Patriots7

So Sony turned down letting Marvel use Spider-Man in Captain America 3 so they could make an Aunt May movie instead?

These motherfuckers are either Jameis Winston stupid or hate money
That...that's not even remotely close to what the article implies happened.

Sony and Marvel had numeral discussions about the rights to Spider-Man. Discussions fell apart due to undisclosed reasons. Sony is forging ahead in creating its own Superhero universe based on Spidey.

There is a scenario that allows for the Cowboys to take the 2nd seed with a week 17 win or miss the playoffs entirely with a loss. It would be fitting for the Cowboys to miss the playoffs with an 11-5 record, after years of 8-8.

Yep.

I've seen a few Cowboys fan on that #2 seed or bust bandwagon lol.

MechDX

That...that's not even remotely close to what the article implies happened.

Sony and Marvel had numeral discussions about the rights to Spider-Man. Discussions fell apart due to undisclosed reasons. Sony is forging ahead in creating its own Superhero universe based on Spidey.

The e-mails reveal extensive discussions between executives at Sony and Marvel owner Walt Disney, all the way up to their respective chief executives Kaz Hirai and Robert Iger.

In an Oct. 30 e-mail, Sony Pictures president Doug Belgrad tells Ms. Pascal about a potential scenario that would see Marvel produce a new trilogy of Spider-Man movies while Sony retains “creative control, marketing and distribution.”

Undisclosed? Have you seen the shit that is ASM 1 & 2? Sony basically wanted control over the MCU and damn Feige and Marvel Studios. Glad Disney did not agree to this. let Sony keep pumping out bad movies and losing money while Marvel just keeps getting all the royalty checks from merchandising from said movies.

Fantomex

Undisclosed? Have you seen the shit that is ASM 1 & 2? Sony basically wanted control over the MCU and damn Feige and Marvel Studios. Glad Disney did not agree to this. let Sony keep pumping out bad movies and losing money while Marvel just keeps getting all the royalty checks from merchandising from said movies.

Did I ever tell you guys I worked there for five years? Spiderman 2 with doc Ock was gonna be a piece of hot garbage but came together in the end miraculously. thas why the venom one sucked so much. Raimi was all stressed out and it was due. Every bad stereotype you see about movie execs is pretty much who they are at Sony. Big suit, greasy haired dudes who used to be stock brokers or marketing guys for Pfizer who one day decide they wanna produce movies.

MechDX

Did I ever tell you guys I worked there for five years? Spiderman 2 with doc Ock was gonna be a piece of hot garbage but came together in the end miraculously. thas why the venom one sucked so much. Raimi was all stressed out and it was due. Every bad stereotype you see about movie execs is pretty much who they are at Sony. Big suit, greasy haired dudes who used to be stock brokers or marketing guys for Pfizer who one day decide they wanna produce movies.

And ex Marvel guys like Avi Arad who have delusions of grandeur.

John McClain ✔ @McClain_on_NFL
Follow
GM Rick Smith said they knew microfracture surgery was possibility from the start but wanted to see if his knee would respond after surgery

Ok Matrix, you win, fire Rick Smith. Seriously with all the stupid injuries we have signed (Ed reed) and drafted (Brennan Williams) someone needs to be held accountable.

About to go grab some beers and then sit down and watch the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.

Tonight is a good night.

I failed a quiz in class, my car battery died when I went to leave class and i was stuck on campus for like an extra hour jumping my car and now I'm finishing an essay. Fuck tonight.

Also, FUCK THAT PATS. DOLPHINS GOING FOR THE SWEEP BABY
please don't let me down again miami
even though you always do.

Patriots7

I believe that ASM2 was the worst performing Spider-Man movie under Sony...and was still very profitable.
So if Sony can create an entire universe of comic book movies in which they are producing high grossing, profitable movies, as opposed to giving it back Marvel...why would they?

I'm not saying ASM2 was good. But was it worse than Thor/Thor 2? Meh.

With Sony, Spider-Man will be a focus. If Marvel gets the rights back, he'll be yet another successful franchise Marvel/Disney needs to find a spot for in their busy lineups. We'll never get some of the more interesting ideas Sony is thinking of (Venom/Carnage, Sinister Six).

As a Spidey fan, I just want Sony to get a better writer/directer/producer and pump out good Spidey-universe movies.

Top Bottom